QuickBooks Error 6000 happens when you try to back up, open or restore a company file. A message will appear on the screen stating about the error when QuickBooks accounting software is trying to use the QuickBooks company file. So, given below are the simple steps that you can try to overcome this error. And, in case if you face any difficulty, you can contact QuickBooks Support. Experts will get in touch with you and resolve your problem by snapping fingers.
What Leads To QuickBooks Error 6000?
The given causes can lead to QuickBooks Error 6000-
- QuickBooks files are missing.
- Authorizations for the network server are inadequate.
- Windows user has inadequate permissions.
- Authorizations for QB Data Service User XX are inadequate.
- You must be converting QuickBooks company file from a former version over a network.
- QuickBooks files are frozen by a firewall or any other security software.
- Exchanged folder or company file is damaged.
- .qbw.adror.qbm may be the file extension.
- Hosting mode is unlocked in more than one computer.
- Windows version is not of US version nor Canadian version. Windows Regional Language Settings have been kept to other than the English language.
What Are The Steps To Overcome This Error?
Below are the steps for Single user mode as well as for multi user mode.
Troubleshooting For Single User Mode
- Repair Damage in the Company File accessing QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Execute QuickBooks File Doctor from the downloads and choose the option to repair the data damage.
- In case if you come across any error while resolving the data damage, then you need to restore the current backup of your company file to fix the issue.
- Restore and Upgrade the Company File from the Local Storage
- If your company file is stored on the cloud or some other computer in the network, copy the file and paste it to the local storage of your computer.
- Open the company file from the local storage of the system.
- If you try to reinstate the backup of QuickBooks data from the online storage or the network, copy the backup file from these locations and paste it on your desktop.
- Open QuickBooks and in the File tab choose the option “Open or Restore Company”.
- Choose “Restore Backup” option and hit the “Next” option.
- Search for the backup file from the desktop and hit OK.
- Now perform the instructions to reinstate the backup file.
Troubleshooting for Multi-User Mode
- Repair the Damaged or Corrupt QuickBooks Company File
- Perform step 1 given above, under the troubleshooting information for single user mode.
- Resolve Network Connection Errors
- Go to QuickBooks File Doctor and choose the option to repair the Network errors.
- Perform the instructions shown on the screen to automatically reconfigure the network.
- Reset Windows Firewall Configuration
If the error is still there, dial QuickBooks Support Phone Number. Experts will resolve your issue and suggest you the best advice to deal with this error.