No doubt, QuickBooks desktop is a single time purchasing accounting software that you can access for small and medium-sized business. QuickBooks desktop in 2019 needs installation on the computer. If you access a product-based business that has intricate inventory tracking needs, in that case, QuickBooks desktop is idle for you. Here are the steps to download and install QuickBooks desktop. However, if you face any difficulty in performing these steps, contact QuickBooks Help team. Experts will help you to resolve any problem that you are facing.
Unique Features of QuickBooks Desktop
- Multi-monitor support–
This is one of the unique features of QuickBooks desktop. Therefore, in this, you can connect up to three monitors from the menu bar in QuickBooks. To do so, go to view and choose the multi-monitor mode.
- Payroll liability and payment reminder–
This is the second new feature of QuickBooks desktop. It safeguards you and your clients that are reminded of upcoming payroll liabilities payments.
- Past due stamps on QuickBooks–
It offers you visual confirmation that a customer’s Invoice is past due shows on the screen when an Invoice has a Past Due balance.
- Merge vendor record–
The new Merge Vendor feature offers a combined window to capably identify and join duplicated vendor records.
- Cash toggle on reports–
By the simplicity of a click, you can toggle the displayed reports between Cash or Accrual Basis.
- Search chart of accounts–
New search box on the chart of accounts window provides you to search and choose a chart of account or sub-account by providing an account number and the account name or partial words of an account name.
- Updated email security–
Now, QuickBooks desktop comprises securely sending of emails from Gmail, Outlook, and Windows Live accounts via QuickBooks. Hence, this improved the multi-factor authentication. Security comprises log in with your Intuit ID account. Once you configure, you do not need to write your web mail password again while emailing from within QuickBooks.
- Inventory report customization–
Customization display options include the following inventory reports: Inventory Valuation Summary or Detail, Assembly Shortage by Item and Inventory Stock Status by Item.
- Sales order fulfillment workflow–
Use to pick list details on the mobile device that is connected wireless to the QuickBooks Enterprise file with Advanced Inventory. In addition, QuickBooks desktop also provides Real-time access to the status of sales order fulfillment in QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Mobile inventory scanning–
Now, you can take quantities at the warehouse accessing a bar code on the device or Android phone to record inventory. Mobile device recording of individual quantities advances accuracy and efficiency in the sales recording process.
QuickBooks desktop products
QuickBooks desktop has three products. Each product is good in its own way and has several advantages. Additionally, it also has some great features that are suitable for your business. You can find it by proceeding further:
Given below are the 3 QuickBooks desktop products:
- QuickBooks Pro: It is a GST ready cloud accounting software where you can store both the software and data online. Additionally, it can be accessed for security purposes in order to save the data of the industry.
- QuickBooks Premier
- QuickBooks Enterprise
How to Download QuickBooks desktop?
QuickBooks desktop can be easily downloaded from the Intuit site.
- When you click on the link, you have to fill some information of yours like region, type of QuickBooks and product.
- After providing the information, you can move further to the next step. So, the next step is to download the QuickBooks desktop product that you have chosen.
- You have downloaded the QuickBooks desktop, simply install it and go for your business accounting easily.
How to Install QuickBooks desktop?
- Open the location where QuickBooks Desktop in 2019 was saved at the time you downloaded it. After that, double-click the QuickBooks executable file to proceed further for the QuickBooks installation.
- Hit the Yes to All when “How do I update my data to a new version of QuickBooks Desktop?” prompt to overwrite the existing extracted files.
- Hit the “Next” option.
- Read the Software License Agreement and If you approve, choose the option “I accept” and hit Next.
- Now, there must be spaces to fill the license and product numbers. Write your License and Product numbers and hit the “Next” option.
- Tap on Next.
- After that, select the type of installation for your computer.
- Express– This permits you to make the recommended choices for you. This includes replacing your last version of QuickBooks if you have one.
- Custom and Network Options: Select this if you wish to access multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop on your computer or if you wish to access QuickBooks to share data with other users on a network.
Choose where you wish to use QuickBooks. If you choose Express in the previous step, though move to step 10.
Share QuickBooks File On The Network
- I will be using QuickBooks on this computer – choose this if you are not accessing QuickBooks in a network or if you are installing it on a computer that will be accessed for running QuickBooks and not for storing the company file.
- Using QuickBooks on this computer and I will be storing the company file here so it can be shared through our network – choose this if you will be running QuickBooks and want to store or share the company file on the network.
- I will be storing our company file here to spread it over a network. (License is not required for this option.) – Choose this option if no one will be accessing QuickBooks on this computer and it will be accessed as a file server to spread the company file over the network.
- Hit the “Install” option to continue the process or hit Back if you want to go back and review any of the previous screens.
- If any QuickBooks processes are executing during the installation process, the installer will prompt you to restart your computer. Or else, hit the “Open QuickBooks’ option.
- After the installation, activate QuickBooks and you are ready to access your QuickBooks.
Hope that mentioned steps help you out. If not, dial QuickBooks Support Phone Number and talk with the experts. They will suggest you the best remedy to deal with your problem.