While operating QuickBooks, you may face error like company file damage and network connectivity issue. QuickBooks file doctor tool is there to rebuild your corrupted or damaged company files. So, don’t worry repair your damaged company file or network connectivity with Intuit’s astonishing tool.
Intuit has launched this tool in 2012. Before introducing QBFD, intuit has two different programs to fix different issues. The programs are QB Network Connectivity Diagnostic Tool (QNCD) and QB Company File Diagnostic Tool (QCFD).After that, Intuit joined these two tools in a single program that is known as QB File Doctor. Here, you will get to know everything about QuickBooks File Doctor and the steps to fix it. If you need technical assistance, contact QuickBooks Support. Experts will help you out in your problem and try to solve it in no time.
Know about QuickBooks File Doctor
It is a most useful and high-class tool available to fix QuickBooks related problems.
- If you are unable to use your company file or come across an error like 6000 series error, 6150, 6146 and 6130.
- You have lost some company files or employees data files.
- Network problems mostly in using the multi-user setup problems.
- If you try to access company files in one system that is stored in another system.
Ways to access QuickBooks File Doctor to Repair Common Data Damage
Before accessing QuickBooks File Doctor, first install it:
- Download the QB File Doctor and execute the QBFD.exe file.
- The installation will begin.
- It is essential to have.Net Framework on your PC.If you don’t have, QBFD set up will download it automatically.
- Follow the simple installation process that is same as other programs you install in windows.
Now, Double Click the QuickBooks File Doctor located on the desktop to start the process.
When you start the program, you will face the following steps on the screen in the form of a dialogue box.
- Go to your company file on your PC that you need to repair. After that,tap on “Diagnose File”.
- Now it will ask for your Username and password. Write Username and password of the company file that you want to test.
- Wait for a while till the QuickBooks Diagnosis process is over.
- Next, you will be asked to choose Server or Workstation. This is important to ensure you go for the right option:
Select one of the following options, if displayed to share your company file:
Yes – If you are executing File Doctor on the server computer or host computer hosting the company file.
No – If you are executing a File Doctor on the computer that is not hosting the company file.
When QuickBooks File Doctor complete repair and diagnosis:
- If the tool is complete, close the File Doctor.
- Open your file again to see if the issue is fixed.
Result possibilities – There are three major possibilities:
1. QBFD didn’t find the Problem
If File Doctor did not get the problem, you have to sign in back to your Company File. If you are still incapable to open the Company file then it is highly recommended by the QuickBooks to begin the Auto Data Recovery setup and provide the transactions since your last backup.
2. QBFD find the problem and able to fix it
It is good to get the problem and fix it quickly. Simply, hit the “Open New Company” file when the process will finish.
3. QBFD find the Problem and definitely not able to fix it
It suggests the Auto Data Recovery Setup and going to the transactions manually since the last backup or Upload the File.
Data Synchronize Errors:
Data Synchronize errors mean there is an issue and due to a certain reason, you are not able to see your full data.Meanwhile, your transactions are misplaced that were formerly present in QB or Vendor, Item. Customer lists will display fewer items than it was before.So, the type of error you are dealing are Data-sync errors.This error befalls when “QuickBooks Sync Manager” is not syncing your company file data and due to that you are facing data loss.
The first thing that you must do is to log in as Administrator in Windows and turned off the Windows User Account Control. Log in with all the managerial frights into the windows then QuickBooks file doctor will turn off the UAC itself.
Have a look at these steps if QBFD is showing you errors like UAC is turned on.Find for “User Account Control Settings” in the search bar of the start menu.After that,go to “User Account Control Settings”. Now, you will see this:
If there are numerous Versions installed in your System,then QB File Doctor is not able to fix the problem. So, it is the biggest issue that you may face when you are accessing multiple version. In this case, you have to take your file to another system where only one version is installed.
This is the biggest issue that is present in QBFD. It is the main barrier for a lot of entrepreneurs to access File Doctor. In this situation, as prior tools are not available and are not compatible with the new versions of the QuickBooks, there is only one option that the business-facing problems should upload the file to “Intuit Data services”.
Network Diagnosis is started by default.You can modify the default settings and can restrict the Data issues diagnosis if you need the QBFD to fix only networking issues. When you open the application, you will get advanced settings in the first window.
You will see that the first option is set by default when you get in the Advanced Options. You will see Advance Settings or Data Issues and Network Connectivity diagnosis at the same time.
- You must have an Internet connection and connect to the work process for the file uploading and manual repair.
- The company file should not exceed more than 2GB.
- Installed multiple versions on the system.
- Go through the admin panel to execute the network diagnosis and QuickBooks have to be in hosting mode.
- File Doctor is available for the UK and US version. If your system is not from there, contact experts otherwise it will show you an extension.
- If the Windows User Account Control is ON, File Doctor will open with elevated admin privileges.
- Access QBFD only when you are unable to use the company file.If you come across any data loss issue, it will not help you in this.
Required system necessities
- Network diagnosis and repair –access the Admin login in Windows.
- QB file repair – it is not necessary to install it on your system.
- Multi-user repair and diagnosis – confirm that QuickBooks Hosting is in ON mode.
If the problem is not fixed by File Doctor, there is an Advanced option suggested by Intuit that you can use with the help of experts.
- To recognize and repair the errors, download QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Uninstall and then reinstall your Software.
After uninstalling the software, run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
When the diagnosis and repairing process is done, backup the company file data.And keep in mind to put the QuickBooks company data file and created a backup data file (.QBB) in a detachable external hard drive.
If the above solution won’t work for you, dial QuickBooks Support Phone Number. Experts will get connected with you and resolve your issue in the best way possible.