QuickBooks error 6123,0 is a company file-related error that occurs in multi-user surrounding stating “Connection to the Company file has been lost.” It generally falls when you are restoring a company file or backup file. The error code 6123 0 also occurs while accessing or upgrading a company file. You can experience this error for various reasons, which we will explain and provide the troubleshooting methods to fix the error.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 6123 0?
You are experiencing the error 6123 in the multi-user mode for the following reasons:
- When the Windows operating system is damaged and can’t run the file properly.
- Due to damaged QBW files.
- When the QuickBooks program files are corrupted.
- Restoring the backup from a USB or any external hard drive.
- The system’s firewall prevents the port requires to communicate company file hosting server.
- Damaged QBW files.
After knowing the significant reasons for the QuickBooks error code 6123, now fix it.
Also Read: QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6123?
Fixing the company file error 6123 is an easy task. With this section, we will provide you with the best fixation methods that can help you.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub consists of many different tools which can fix the QuickBooks error 6123. We divide the solution into three steps:
Step1: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Firstly, close your QuickBooks program.
- Now, go to Intuit’s Official Website and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s latest version. If the Tool installs already, then click on Home to check the version.
- After downloading, go to the location where the QuickBookstoolhub.exe is located and double click on it.
- When the file runs, follow the on-screen steps of installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, accept the Tool Hub Software Terms and Conditions.
- When the Tool Hub installs successfully, go to Windows Desktop and double-click on the Tool Hub icon to open it.
After downloading and installing the Tool Hub, it’s time to resolve the QuickBooks error 6123.
Step 2: Use Quick Fix my Program
- Open QuickBook Tool Hub and click on the Program Problems tab.
- Now, when the program problems tab expands, click on Quick Fix my program. It will run in 1 minute.
Note: If you installed several versions of QuickBooks, it could take more time to run.
- When the Quick Fix completes the scan, you have to open your QuickBooks Desktop program and check for the same issue.
If the error 6123 persists, follow the next step:
Solution 2: Restore Company File from Local Backup
You can resolve the QuickBooks error 6123 by restoring the company file backup using local backup with the following steps:
- Open QuickBooks and head towards the File menu.
- Then click on Open and Restore Company.
- Now, you have to click con Local Backup and Next.
- After that, search your computer system for the backup company file; it seems like [comapnyname].qbb.
- Later, choose a folder to save the restored company file.
- Click on Open.
- At last, click on Save.
Also Read: How to Backup QuickBooks Desktop
We hope this blog will help and guide you in fixing the QuickBooks error 6213,0. The above-stated steps are approved by the experts and have the tendency. However, if any other technical glitches create the error 6123, you can contact the experts for a primary reason and solution.