QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software on which you can rely for all your financial works. However, as we know that everything has some benefits as well as some limitations. QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer pops up when the QBFCMonitorService.exe file has stopped working. If you are facing this issue on your computer, don’t worry you have landed on the right page. As here you will get to know about causes, symptoms, and the solution for QBCFMonitorService error.
Why QBCFmonitorservice not running on my computer?
While the error can occur due to so many reasons, but one of the most common causes for it is- setting up of QuickBooks database service manager in multi-user mode.
To resolve any error, first, you should know about its causes, so have a look below :
- A virus might have corrupted the QBFCMonitorService.exe file or a malware attack.
- Another possible reason can be a firewall blocking internet access to QuickBooks files.
- The error in the QBCFMonitorService can be caused by the windows registry
- In the QBFCMonitorService.exe file, some files got deleted by mistake.
- Wrong installation of QuickBooks software.
- Another program on the system conflicting with QBFCMonitorService.
Symptoms of QBCFmonitorservice not running Problem
- Your computer is working slow due to a virus or malware attack.
- QBCF monitor service is not opening.
- The system is showing different QBCF Monitor service error codes.
- QuickBooks is slow while opening.
- Proper files are not getting downloaded.
Methods to resolve QBCFmonitorservice not running on this computer
Method: 1 Restart the QBCFmonitorservice manually
Sometimes restarting the system automatically solves half of the problem. Here are the given steps to do so:
- Press Ctrl+alt+Del keys together and open the task manager. It will lead you to the processes tab.
- Make a right-click on the QBCFmonitorservice process and then choose the End
- To confirm click on the Yes
- Restart the QuickBooks application again.
Method 2: Check for virus and malware attacks in your system
Scan your system to check any virus or malware attack as this can also be the reason for an error. When the virus corrupts the file it usually makes the QBCFmonitorservice slow. By scanning the system it will allow you to get rid of them quickly. It is one of the quickest and easy solutions. After doing so restart your computer and freshly open the application to check.
Other than this keep scanning your system to be aware of threats and viruses entering into your system.
Method 3: Make changes in the windows firewall settings
The computer system comes with its protectors and one of them is the windows firewall. It usually checks how QuickBooks is communicating with the network connection and the internet. You can solve this issue with the given-below quick fix:
- First and foremost is the updating of the firewall. An update is required from time to time to solve these problems. It is like fuelling the system.
- Add QuickBooks in it as an exception. Check if there is any block in the QuickBooks connectivity with the ports.
- In case if they are blocked then you have to open the ports to allow QuickBooks so that it can communicate with the server.
Method 4: Check multi-user hosting setup by verifying QuickBooks on the server
To start with this solution here are some given steps.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click on the File
- Go to the utility option and select the options of host multi-user access.
- After getting the confirmation click on the Yes
- You should be activating the host for the server only.
- Ensure that the multi-user host is not running on any of the workstation computers.
- You need to verify it by going to the File tab by opening QuickBooks.
- If you see the option of the switch to single-user mode then it means that the QuickBooks is running under the category of multi-user mode. Click on the switch to single-user mode.
- Other than that if you see the option that says switch to multi-user mode then this will give you a hint that the application is running under the single-user mode in which no settings or changes are required.
Method 5: Install Latest QuickBooks Database Manager Server Update
5 steps guide to install the QuickBooks database manager server update when QBCFMonitorService failed:
- Open QuickBooks in order to install the latest update.
- Go to the Help tab click on QuickBooks
- Checkmark all the features as well as patches in the Update tab.
- Click on Get Updates and let the software update install.
- Restart QuickBooks in both workstation and server to reflect the changes.
Still QBCFmonitorservice not running? Contact an Expert
The above steps are designed and explained by the trained technicians and help you in starting QBCFmonitorservice. If you are still unable to restart the QBCFmonitorservice then contact QuickBooks Desktop Support experts. They will smoothen your QuickBooks working process.