Are you finding an effective way to fix QBDBMGRN not running on this computer error? Go through this article till the end and you will be able to fix this QuickBooks database error by yourself.
QuickBooks database server manager is an essential tool for QB accounting software that should keep running for uninterrupted operations. However, in several instances, the users have complained that the database server manager is not running and an error message “QBDBMGRNis not running on this computer” appears on the screen. The problem occurs when the security firewall interferes with QuickBooks and hampers the QuickBooks operations. Whatever is the reason, the users should not panic and follow the measures provided in this post to fix the issue.
Reasons that trigger QuickBooks Database Server Manager not running
Until now you would have learned a lot about QuickBooks database server manager not running on this computer error. There could be several reasons that cause the problem, the most prominent being when a user updates QuickBooks desktop but forgets to upgrade the Windows firewall. That causes the QuickBooks database server manager to be recognized as an unknown service by an outdated firewall. It results in QuickBooks being unable to connect to the server and preventing users from using the accounting software. Some other factors that lead to the QuickBooks database server manager not running on this computer error are as follows.
- Misconfigured firewall settings.
- The internet settings are inadequate to support QuickBooks software.
- Some third-party unauthorized firewall software blocks QuickBooks to access the server.
- Incorrect installation of QuickBooks database server manager may also trigger QBDBMGRN is not running error.
- Sometimes, an out-of-date database server manager can also be a culprit in causing the error.
Symptoms that indicate QBDBMGRN is not running on this computer
Every problem comes with some symptoms or signs and that sounds true with QBDBMGRN and not running around as well. The following are some indicators of the error:
- QuickBooks won’t be able to connect to the internet.
- There might be some problem using a multi-user mode.
- You might face problems in using the QB company file.
- The QuickBooks database server manager won’t update properly.
- Frequent failure of QuickBooks database server application.
- Error popping up in QuickBooks network.NF file.
- And much more.
Quick steps to resolving QuickBooks database server manager not running issue
Eliminating QBDBMGRN not running error requires specific measures for different situations. In this section, we are going to address each situation one by one and suggest you some practical fixes to eliminate the QuickBooks database error.
Try these simple fixes first
- Log out from QuickBooks and close the accounting software.
- Make sure to save all files.
- Restart your system.
- Once your system opens, launch QuickBooks and try to re-login.
- If still the QBDBMGRN not running on this computer error persists then head over to the below-advanced measures.
Situation 1: When QuickBooks is installed on the host or server
- Firstly, you should open the QuickBooks on the host or server.
- Now click the File tab and select Open or Restore company in the drop-down list.
- Choose the option Open a company file and hit Next.
- Now locate the company file, and select the file.
- Now you will need to open the file in multi-user mode and then click the option Open.
- Login to your company file using the QuickBooks ID and password.
- In the end, again go to the File tab and click Close the company file or you may simply log off to exit the company file.
Situation 2: When only QBDBMGRN is installed on the host or server system
- Begin by clicking on the start button.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Locate the Administrative tools, double-click over it.
- Locate services and double-click over them.
- You may see a list of the data manager, right-click on the correct one. They could be QuickBooksDB28, QuickBooksDB27, or QuickBooksDB26.
- Finally, reboot the system and start working on QuickBooks.
Situation 3: When an error message “Files in use” appears on the screen
- If you see an error message “files in use”, then firstly you will need to click on Ignore.
- You might see a confirmation pop-up, click Ok over it.
- If you don’t see an Ignore option then directly click Ok.
- Lastly, you will need to reboot your system to activate the settings.
What to do if still, the QBDBMGRN doesn’t work?
Don’t worry! Follow the below instructions to eliminate the problem.
Step 1: Repair the QuickBooks desktop
First and foremost, close all the programs running in the background and block QuickBooks to operate.
- Now create the backup of your company file.
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- Now you may go to the Programs and features section and then click Uninstall a program.
- The program list appears in front of you, select QuickBooks and then click Uninstall/Change.
- Click Continue and then click Next.
- Now hit the Repair button and then click Next.
- The repair process will start and it might take some time.
- Once the repair completes, click Finish.
- Now reboot your system and relaunch QuickBooks.
Step 2: Run the QuickBooks clean install tool
This section will require you to take three different actions, firstly uninstalling the QuickBooks software, then running the clean install tool, and then renaming the QuickBooks desktop installation folders. Here is how to do it.
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks
Before uninstalling the QuickBooks application you must make sure that you possess these things – QuickBooks downloaded file, installation disk, and the QB license number.
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R.
- Type Control Panel and hit enter.
- Now you will need to navigate to the Programs and features section and then click Uninstall a program.
- The list of the program appears, locate QuickBooks and then click Uninstall a change.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall QuickBooks.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks clean install tool
- The next step is to download and run the QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Firstly, you can download and save the QB clean install.EXE file on your computer.
- Now open the exe file.
- Accept the license agreement and click Continue.
- You will see a message QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install the default directory, click Ok over it.
Step 3: Rename the QuickBooks desktop installation folders
- The entire hidden files and folders should be renamed and displayed.
- Either add old or damaged ones at the end of the file name to recognize the folders.
- In case the Access denied error appears while renaming the folders, then go to the Task Manager.
- Right-click on the Windows taskbar, navigate to the Processes tab and then click the Image Name column header to sort processes in alphabetical order.
- Now select QBDBMGRN.exe, QBDBMGR.exe, QBCFMonitorSexe, QBW32.exe, and then click End process.
- Click Yes on the alert notification “terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability”.
- Now you may try to download and install the QuickBooks desktop and the problem should resolve.
Also Read: QuickBooks Company File Repair
After trying the above-mentioned fixes you should be able to resolve QBDBMGRN not running on this computer error. However, if still, the error persists then you should take help from QuickBooks pro advisors by contacting the QuickBooks technical support helpline number. Our team of experts will be happy to assist to help you overcome the QuickBooks database error.