QuickBooks is online accounting software accessible by many people to track miles, send invoices, manage finances and cash flow and check the profit and loss. There are some minor or major errors that occur when you use QuickBooks and it is tough to handle on your own. One most common error code you can come across when you update your Payroll or software itself is QuickBooks Error 15101. You may face this error due to several reasons. Here, we are discussing how it appears, what are the causes, and the right way to eradicate it. So, feast your eyes on this blog!
How does QuickBooks Error 15101 Appear?
An Error Code 15101 QuickBooks generally arises while updating the Payroll or QuickBooks software. When you encounter this error, an error box prompts on the screen stating that QuickBooks cannot update. You are not able to perform any further tasks on your QuickBooks unless you close the message box.
Root Causes of QuickBooks Error 15101
Here are the few reasons due to which you may confront QuickBooks Error 15101:
- A Digital Signature Certificate is Uninstalled: Digital Signature Certificate has to assure the safety and security of the internet connection and your data. If that is corrupted or not properly installed, it is difficult for you to update QuickBooks.
- Inappropriate Settings of the Internet: Make sure that while downloading Payroll updates that there is no discrepancy in Internet Settings. Any problem in this may lead to this error.
- .exe file Is Not Running Properly: Exe is a program file that helps to link-up to the Intuit website through a secure connection and updates are safely downloaded. If it is not running properly, it may the reason for this error.
Read Also- How To Fix Quickbooks Error 61?
Check out the solutions listed below to instantly fix QuickBooks Error 15101:
Solution 1: Set up a Digital Signature Certificate
- Look-up for .QBW32.exe in the Start menu or find it in the following location: C:\\ Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Now, give a right-click on the program file and select the Properties option
- Now, click on the Digital Signature tab and make sure Intuit, Inc. is chosen
- Click on Details
- In the Detail read tab, click on the View Certificate option
- Continuously click on the Next button until you get the end choice. And then tap Finish to end up the procedure
- After that, restart your computer system and then Open QuickBooks
- Finally, try again to download the Update of QuickBooks or Payroll
If yet, you are getting the QuickBooks Error 15101, jump to the next solution.
Solution 2: Set up Your Firewall or Anti-Virus
Firewalls and Anti-Virus are created to secure your PC from unwanted access or any other threats. However, sometimes they generally start preventing QuickBooks to download and in that situation, you receive such an error code on your computer screen.
To break down this drawback, it is more likely to set up or configure your Firewall and Anti-Virus correctly.
Solution 3: Open QuickBooks In Safe Mode
If these above-mentioned solutions are not effective in troubleshooting the QuickBooks Error 15101, then restart your QuickBooks in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, your PC runs on minimum drivers, and only the desired programs are required to run. Perform the following steps:
- Press the F8 key on your keyboard. After doing this, the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, run Safe Mode w/Networking, and then hit Enter
- Next, choose Safe Mode with Networking, then apply which operating system to use to restart
- After selecting login, click on Administrator, which gives you access to all device programs. Enter your Administrator password
- Select “Yes”, when asked to work in safe mode.
- Open QuickBooks and try the task again which failed
- Once finished restarting the system ordinarily
Call at QuickBooks Support Number for One-Stop Solution
If these aforementioned solutions didn’t work out to eradicate QuickBooks Error 15101, then don’t panic! We are a technical team having immense years of experience in tackling QuickBooks-related queries. So, as soon as possible have a word with us via placing a call at QuickBooks Support Number. One of our talented and well-educated tech specialists will answer your call. They proffer you quality support to annihilate such an error code very effectively.