QuickBooks is the well-known accounting software used by every small and medium-sized business to efficiently manage their company data in an organized manner. QuickBooks being software, sometimes users can experience couple of technical glitches that affects your work task. One most common error that can be generally faced by mostly users is QuickBooks Error 61. Such an error code appears while printing, downloading, refreshing, adjusting, opening an account, erasing, expelling, uninstalling, sending out on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 simply because of corruption or malfunctioning of a hardware. Before dealing with this error issue, it is first required to detect the actual reason behind it and then according to its actual causes fix the issue. The entire fruitful information related QuickBooks error code 61 is mentioned below.
Why does QuickBooks Error 61 Occur?
There are various reasons due to which your QuickBooks throws an error code 61 while operating it. Have a glimpse at below points to know the possible reasons:
- Due to a damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file.
- This can happen due to malware attack or virus assault on the QuickBooks.
- If the .TLG or .ND file gets corrupted.
- Mistakenly deleted an important framework or registry page.
- In case, you bank gives you another credit card or account number.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 61 in 4 Ways
Follow the instructions noted below one-by-one to get the error code 61 eradicated completely from your QuickBooks. Let’s begin the troubleshooting process:
Go through the below-given steps:
- Go to the File menu, select Utilities and click on Rebuild Data.
- If you get a notification to back up your company file, then click OK button.
- Wait for a couple of second until the message “QuickBooks not responding” is displaying on the screen.
- Now, click “OK” after getting a message “Rebuild has completed”.
Now, you can frequently use QuickBooks for managing your company data. But in case, you are yet experiencing the same error code, then continue to the next method.
- Re-sort the Chart of the QuickBooks Account list.
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop menu bar and then select the Lists and Chart of Accounts.
- Now, give a check-mark to the option “Include Inactive” checkbox which is at the bottom.
- In the menu bar, click on View and select the Re-sort List.
- Click OK button when you receive a message saying “Are you sure you want to return this list to its original order?”
- Next, verify the Company file.
- If the error yet exists, then continue to the next step.
- Create a new account and merge it with a damaged account.
- Now, open the file and check if the issue resolves.
Continue to the next solution, if yet facing the same problem.
- Launch the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the File menu and click on “Open or Restore Company”
- Choose the option “Open a company file” and click Next
- Now, search for your data file and click Open
- Follow the prompted instructions if the “Move Company File” window appears
- Note-down the information shown in the “Update Company File for New Version” section
- Tap on “Update Now” and follow the instructions
- When a message “You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks… Do you want to continue?” appears, then click Yes
- Now, copy the backup you created and search for .qbw files
- Once you find the file, check on the QuickBooks Payroll service and select the Account Info/Process
Continue following the troubleshooting methods if the problem doesn’t get sorted out.
- Download A Re-image Repair Tool
- Click Yes to start the installation process
- Rei-mage utility will clean your PC to figure out the condition of the system and its programs
- Re-image will show the damages and recommended repairs after cleaning
- Click on Start Repair
- Restart your computer and then open your QuickBooks to check whether the error gets resolved
Read Also- When QuickBooks Won’t Print?
Contact to Highly Proficient Specialists for One-Stop Remedy
Don’t feel blue! If QuickBooks Error Code 61 is yet showing when you open your QuickBooks as we have tech-savvy who will provide you QuickBooks Support. So, make connection with them via placing a call on helpline number.