Looking forward to converting your QuickBooks Desktop to Online? You’ve come to the right place. Here, you will find the step-by-step procedure to convert your QB Desktop to QuickBooks Online properly. Before getting started with the steps right away, there are a few things that you need to do first. Continue reading the blog further to find out and then start with the process to convert your QuickBooks.
Here’s What to do before Converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online
- Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest available version as if it will be outdated you will face issues importing data to QuickBooks Online.
- Importing data from QuickBooks desktop is only possible within 60 days of the start date of your QB online company.
- We suggest you store your data file in QuickBooks Desktop and maintain your transactions there too until you decide QuickBooks Online will be better for your business.
- Don’t forget to read the limitations of importing before you do so. This is the right time to do this and make a choice.
- You need to log in as an administrator in both QB Desktop and Online.
- While importing your QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks online, if you face any error, fix that firsthand and then try importing again.
How to Convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online?
Follow the below steps in the mentioned order to start converting your QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online right away.
1: Export Company Data
- First of all, select your QuickBooks version.
- Now you need to navigate and open the file that you want to export.
- Go to Company and select Export Company File to QuickBooks Online.
- Continue with the instructions on your screen.
Note if you can’t find the Export option on your QuickBooks, it means there are pending updates. In this case, you must install the updates first.
2: Open Company File
- To open Product Information, Press the Ctrl+1 keys on your keyboard.
- Now press and hold the Ctrl button on your keyboard and then press the B+Q buttons.
- Close the Product information by selecting OK.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to connect to QB Online.
3: Import Data in QuickBooks Online
- First of all, log in to your device as an admin.
- Go through the terms and conditions and select Agree.
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Select the QuickBooks Online Company to which you want to import the data. You can also create a new company right away.
- Click on OK to start the importing procedure. The import can take up to 24 hrs to complete.
Fix Errors While Converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online
Converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online is as easy as ABC as long you don’t encounter an error. But sometimes, things don’t go as they suppose to and that’s where the problem triggers. If you are also facing any such problem and can’t finish converting your QuickBooks to online, then continue reading further. Below we have mentioned various issues and errors with solutions that QB users encounter while converting their data from QB desktop to online.
We hope you get through it without much fuss. Check out the solution for your QuickBooks error below:
QuickBooks could not Connect or Load the Database
This error can be caused due to various reasons for example when you have multiple versions of QuickBooks installed on your device. Or you are not logged in to your PC as an administrator, interruption of antivirus or firewall, etc.
You can fix this issue by following the solutions below:
Solution 1: Login with Administrator Credentials
To convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online, you must be logged in to your device as an administrator. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Run Window by pressing Ctrl+R on your keyboard.
- Now enter the Control Panel to open the same.
- From the View drop-down list, select the Small Icons option.
- Now select the User Accounts tab and click on Manage another account.
- Make sure you are logged in as an administrator, if not switch to the admin account.
Solution 2: Resolving “Your File Size Is Too Big” Error
- Press F2 and check the file size from the information column.
- Make sure the file doesn’t exceed the limit.
Solution 3: Make Sure There’s No Duplicate File Name
If there are more than one company files with the same name, then you should either rename or delete the company file. Follow the steps below to know how you can do it.
- Go to File and select Company Operations.
- Now select Open Existing Company.
- Now check the file names in the Existing Company data window. If you see the same company file name more than twice then rename or delete it right away.
Solution 4: Fix Any Possible Data issue
- Click on File and select Company Operations.
- Now choose the Create a new company option and then select Next. Name this file something unique and different.
- If you don’t get the same error with the new test file, then go to your company file and follow the below steps:
- Open File and select Company Operations.
- Under Backup, click on Restore and select Next.
- Now you need to select the “Browser to an alternate backup file” option.
- Click Browse and find your company name.
- Select the db file and open it.
- At last, you need to give this file a new and unique name.
- Click OK to apply your changes.
We Can’t Export The Data. It May Be On a Network Drive Error
This sort of error usually occurs when you try to export QuickBooks desktop company files while you are in multi-user mode. You can fix this issue by following the steps below:
- Press Ctrl+1 or F2 Key on your keyboard. This will open the Product Information window on your QuickBooks where you need to check the size of the company file.
- Now you need to close the QuickBooks Desktop app and copy the company file to your computer’s C:\ Drive.
- Next, open the company file in the QB Desktop.
- Go to the File menu and click on “Switch to single-user mode.
- Export the file again.
- Now go to the File menu and select Utilities.
- Click on the Copy Company File for QuickBooks Online option.
We hope after following the procedures mentioned above in this blog, you have succeeded in converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online. However, if due to some reasons, you continue to face any sort of issue or encounter any error not mentioned in this guide, feel free to contact QuickBooks Support experts for help.