QuickBooks Web Connector is the software that allows qbXML and qbposXML to pass Web-based applications and QuickBooks Point of Sale. This process is very technical and there might come some issue and QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 is most common. This issue is generally concerned with log files of QuickBooks when you try to open the home authority page of QuickBooks.
This blog revolves around the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085. Read to know the rectifying solution.
What is Error Code QBWC1085?
At times, when you open QuickBooks, you may face ‘QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085’. This is because:
- QB Web Connector fails to write the log file
- When you try to access QuickBooks without the log file
- The internal issue in the login file
- QuickBooks Web Connector skips the logging process
How to add new web service with QuickBooks Web Connector?
The process to add a new web service with QuickBooks Web Connector is quite simple. .qwc extension is XML files that QB Web Connector. This connector is compatible with all desktop products that are supported by QuickBooks SDK. It includes:
- Enterprise Solutions
- Pro (2002 or later)
- Simple Start (2006 or later)
- Premier (2002 or later)
- QuickBooks Point of Sale (v4.0 or later)
- Canadian editions: QuickBooks Pro, Premier or Enterprise (2003 or later)
Reason for QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
- QBWC1085 Error may erupt due to failure in writing to web connector log file
- There might be chances that the connector is damaged. Thus, it may use the TXT file
- QB web connector tries to fetch data from third-party web-based program
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Web Connector QBWC1085
Before you begin the resolving steps, make sure the Web Connector program is in working mode. Thereafter, follow the steps to fix the problem instantly.
- Press Windows+R together
- Run box will appear
- Here, you have to type ‘MSConfig’
- Tap ‘OK’
- Search and tick mark QuickBooks Web Connector
- Then, tap Apply and then OK
- Lastly, restart your computer and check Error QBWC1085 is fixed
- Make a right-click on QuickBooks Web Connector icon
- Tap on Exit
- Next, open Windows File Manager
- Thereafter, go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log folder
- Navigate to QWCLOG.TXT file and double-click on it
- Then, choose the Rename option
- Now, change the name to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and save it
- Furthermore, restart the Web Connector Program
- Lastly, reboot your system and try to reopen QuickBooks
Finally Contact Experts to Fix QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
However, if you were not able to fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 then approach the experts via QuickBooks Tech Help. They are well-versed and can revert you without taking much time. Professionals have been handling these errors for the past many years. Thus, they will guide you with the best solution to your problem. The user has to provide them the details correctly for the relevant answers. They are present all round the clock, 24*7. Along with that, you can ask for additional information like the latest updates of QuickBooks.