QuickBooks Web Connector is the software that allows qbXML and qbposXML to pass Web-based applications and QuickBooks Point of Sale. This process is very technical and there might come some issues QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 is most common. This issue is generally concerned with log files of QuickBooks when you try to open the home authority page of Intuit.
This blog revolves around the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085. Read to know the rectifying solution.
What is Error Code QBWC1085?
At times, when you open QuickBooks, you may face ‘QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085’. This is because:
- QB Web Connector fails to write the log file
- When you try to access QuickBooks without the log file
- The internal issue in the login file
- QuickBooks Web Connector skips the logging process
What are the Reasons for QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1085?
When you fail to connect with the server with the help of Web Connector QuickBooks error, it can be due to the following reasons:
- When the QWCLOG.TXT files of the Web Connector get damaged.
- In scenarios when you fail to access the QWCLOG.TXT file.
- When QuickBooks can’t write the Web Connector file.
- In cases of QuickBooks being unable to connect to any of the third-party programs.
When the error appears on your screen, you can see the following errors:
QQBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will launch without modifying the log file.
QBWC1085: A problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue to function in the absence of the log file.
Unknown name: Exception type error
After knowing about the reasons, let’s resolve the QuickBooks Web Connector error on your system.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Web Connector Error?
The users have a variety of symptoms after discovering this issue. The following are the symptoms:
- Your computer responds slowly to input from a mouse or keyboard.
- When the same program is running, the system freezes.
- There is no response from QuickBooks.
- Windows became tainted.
- Your screen displays the error message.
How to add a new web service with QuickBooks Web Connector?
The process to add a new web service with QuickBooks Web Connector is quite simple. QBWC extension is XML files that QB Web Connector. This connector is compatible with all desktop products that are supported by QuickBooks SDK. It includes:
- Enterprise Solutions
- Pro (2002 or later)
- Simple Start (2006 or later)
- Premier (2002 or later)
- QuickBooks Point of Sale (v4.0 or later)
- Canadian editions: QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise (2003 or later)
Solution 1: Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Web Connector QBWC1085
Before you begin the resolving steps, make sure the Web Connector program is in working mode. Thereafter, follow the steps to fix the problem instantly.
- Press Windows+R together
- Run box will appear
- Here, you have to type ‘MSConfig’ and Tap ‘OK‘
- Search and tick mark QuickBooks Web Connector
- Then, tap Apply and then OK
- Lastly, restart your computer and check Error QBWC1085 is fixed
- Make right-click on the QuickBooks Web Connector icon
- Tap on Exit
- Next, open Windows File Manager
- Thereafter, go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log folder
- Navigate to the QWCLOG.TXT file and double-click on it
- Then, choose the Rename option
- Now, change the name to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and save it
- Furthermore, restart the Web Connector Program
- Lastly, reboot your system and try to reopen QuickBooks
READ ALSO: QuickBooks Refresher Tool – Fix Common QuickBooks Errors
Solution 2: Check that your company files link to a third-party program
Here, we will be going to ensure connecting the company file with the third-party application. This will fix the QuickBooks Web Connector error. Pursue the following steps:
- In the first step, press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- Now, the “Run” window will appear.
- After that, type MSConfig in the blank field and press the Enter button.
- Then, from the next screen, click on the Startup tab.
- In the next step, search for and choose the QuickBooks Web Connector checkbox.
- Now, hit the Apply button and then OK.
- Lastly, restart the computer and check for the error.
Solution 3: Rename the QWCLOG.TXT File
Sometimes, when accessing the connecting file, the same file opens and shows the QuickBooks Web Connector error. So, it is necessary to rename the file. Go with the given below steps:
- Close the QuickBooks and Web Connector applications first.
- Navigate to C:Program/Data/Intuit/QBWebConnector/log after shutting.
- Rename the file from QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT when you get to it.
- Reopen the Web Connector right now.
- Launch the computer again.
- Open QuickBooks after resuming, then sign in to the external program.
Solution 4: From the Startup Menu Remove the Web Connector
If your QuickBooks is not connected to any of the third-party applications. Then you can easily remove the Web Connector easily from the Startup menu and fix the QuickBooks web connector error. The following are the steps:
- In the first step, log in as an Administrator on your computer.
- After that, go to the C:\Progam Data\Microsoft \Windows\Start Menu\Program\Start Up. If you are a Windows XP user then, go to Documents and Settings All Users/Start Menu/Program/Startup.
- Now, choose and remove the QuickBooks Web Connector File.
- After removing it, restart your system and check for the issue.
Finally, Contact Experts to Fix QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
However, if you were not able to fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 then approach the experts via QuickBooks Technical Help. They are well-versed and can revert you without taking much time. Professionals have been handling these errors for the past many years. Thus, they will guide you with the best solution to your problem. The user has to provide them with the details correctly for the relevant answers. They are present all round the clock, 24*7. Along with that, you can ask for additional information like the latest updates of QuickBooks.