QuickBooks is indeed the best accounting software we have at the moment. However, there are times when it crashes and makes us think otherwise. One such error is QuickBooks Com Error Crash which usually occurs when we try to email invoices to a customer. After hitting Ok to sending an invoice, you can encounter an error called Crash: Com Error that is really irritating and won’t go away. The error flashes once again when you click on Ok repeatedly. We will give you details about QuickBooks Com Error and why this occurs including how you can fix it. You can also grab QuickBooks Technical Help from experts to fix the error.
What Causes QuickBooks Crash: Com Error?
Before we learn about how to fix this Crash Com Error in QuickBooks, let’s know the cause of it. As we have mentioned above, you are likely to get this error while emailing invoices or just trying to open an invoice, sending an attachment or using the check register, or report in QuickBooks. The possible reasons for this error are:
- QuickBooks can’t communicate with your Webmail.
- Interference of Malware or Virus.
- Faulty or missing components from MS-Office or entire Windows.
- Faulty or missing components in QuickBooks.
- A third-party application or firewall stopping the process.
- QuickBooks files or components got deleted by any malicious software.
Before You Start Troubleshooting Your QuickBooks Software
Unless you know the exact cause of the problem, you would have to try various troubleshooting steps to get your QuickBooks Crash Com Error fixed. Before we get to talk about how you can fix this issue, we would like you to try a couple things that might solve your issue.
- First of all, it is necessary that you take a backup of all your data on QuickBooks. We are not saying you would lose access to your data or anything like that but there are chances of it, so it’s always better to play safe.
- After taking backup, try disabling your virus protection and see if that corrects your error.
- Next, try adding QuickBooks as an exception on your Firewall.
- Do a complete virus and malware scan to make your device infection-free.
- Restart your device and launch QB again. Check if the QuickBooks crash com error persists.
If these steps don’t work and the error continues, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to fix your QuickBooks and Outlook Mail app.
How to Fix QuickBooks Com Error Crash?
We are providing you with the best possible troubleshooting steps that will make this frustrating error go away. Hurry up and follow the steps given below carefully to troubleshoot your QuickBooks software and make it work like before.
Method 1: Update QuickBooks
- The most basic solution for this error is to try updating your software. If the issue is somewhere with QuickBooks components, a simple software update will do the work for you.
- In case, the QuickBooks update fails, you can try updating it manually. After installing the updates successfully, check if the issue is fixed or not. If the issue persists, continue following the next steps.
Method 2: Make Changes to Your QuickBooks Preferences
- Launch QuickBooks and open your company file.
- Select Edit and go to Preferences.
- Click on Send Forms and then My Preferences.
- Select Outlook and then select email.
- Try to resend the email.
Method 3: Update Outlook and Set It as Your Default Mail
In case you are not able to fix your issue, you can try updating your Mail app. If you are using Outlook, also try setting it as your default mail app.
- To update Outlook Mail first launch the app on your computer and then go to File tab.
- Click on Office Account and hit the Update Option.
- At last click on Update Now to install the latest updates.
- Now in order to set Outlook mail as your default app first launch Outlook Mail on your device.
- Open control panel and then go to programs.
- Click on default programs and then choose set your default program.
- Click on mail and then select Outlook. Now you can check if your issue continues. If the problem is solved then don’t follow the steps further.
Method 4: Repair your Windows and MS Office
- To fix any unresponsive components, repair MS office and update it.
- Update QuickBooks if not done already and then restart your device.
- Install any pending Windows update.
- Run an antivirus tool to clean junk and malicious files from your desktop.
Method 5: Run QuickBooks in Compatibility Mode
If after following all these steps you are not able to fix your issue then you should try using QuickBooks in compatibility mode. To know how to use QuickBooks in compatibility mode, follow the steps below
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon on your taskbar and click on Properties.
- Select run this program in compatibility mode from the Compatibility tab.
- Next, select your windows and click on Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on Apply and then hit OK to save your settings.
So, these steps should typically fix your issue but if the problem is still there, you can try one last thing i.e. using QuickBooks from Administrator profile. If you don’t have an Administrator account on your computer, you will need to add it first. After that, you can log on to your computer from the administrator account and use QuickBooks.
What to Do If You Can’t Resolve the QuickBooks Com Crash Error?
vAfter following all these steps, you shouldn’t be getting this error anymore but if for any case the problem persists, you are required to contact our Certified QuickBooks Experts who can run a couple of tests to fix the problem.