Are you facing a QuickBooks connection issue or can’t connect with the multi-user networks in QuickBooks? That’s a pretty common thing encountered by many QuickBooks users. Some get successful in eliminating the issue while a few can’t. That’s where the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool plays an influential role in terminating the QuickBooks network errors, database issues, firewall issues, or connectivity errors.
While managing the finances, there is no room for error. However, you can’t avoid them as sometimes the issue occurs due to unusual reasons. The best examples are connection and network errors. That’s what intrigued us to research this matter, find the best tool, and help you resolve the QuickBooks connectivity issues. What we saw as the best, useful, and reliable is the QB connection diagnostic tool. As you go down the article, you will find why we have chosen it, what problems it resolves in QuickBooks and how to install this tool. Let’s get started.
What makes the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool the best in class?
As the name suggests, the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool specializes in fixing bugs and unwanted errors. What’s more exciting is any Intuit user can subscribe to the tool at no extra cost. Whether it’s about fixing the damaged company files or solving the network issues, the QB connection diagnostic tool comes in handy. An important thing to note is the diagnostic tool can only be used with some of the latest Windows versions like Vista, XP, or Windows 10. Also, in order to get the maximum benefit from this tool, you will need to update your QuickBooks to QB 2010, QuickBooks 2009, or 2008 version. Additionally, if you have QuickBooks enterprise solution 10.0, 9.0, or 8.0, you can also use it to fix several issues.
When should you use the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool?
There are lots of reasons that make the QB Connection diagnostic tool worth praising. Here are some of the prominent reasons which make it highly adaptable.
- It can help you resolve the error in the QuickBooks data file, company file.
- You can fix the issues causing Access Denied to QuickBooks central database.
- Unusual errors such as QuickBooks error 6150, 6000 – 301, 6000–82, 6130, 6147, etc.
- The missing or corrupted entries in the employee list.
- It resolves multi-user-related errors like H101, H202, H303, and H505.
- Unable to connect the QuickBooks database.
- It fixes the virus or malware issues in the QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool is highly reliable to resolve the windows firewall port issues.
- This tool also resolves the error with a blank vendor.
This will also help you: QuickBooks Company File Repair
How to download the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool?
Downloading steps for the QB connection diagnostic tool is quite simple, and it can be done by following the instructions given below.
- Login to your system and make sure it connects to a stable internet connection.
- Firstly, you should visit the website IntuitInc. and search for the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- Once you find it, click over the download button to save it on your system.
- Now you will receive the installer extension in the download folder with the name exe.
- Make sure to close the programs that are running in the background.
- Now go to the download folder, locate the exe, double-click over it to start installing on your system.
- Now you can follow the next on-screen instructions for installation.
- Once the installation is complete, you will have to reboot your system.
Detailed installation steps for QB connection diagnostic tool
Since the installation of the QB connection diagnostic tool can be a little bit complex, we have provided detailed instructions. Simply, all you have to do is follow the instructions as per the given order and complete the diagnostic tool’s installation.
- Make sure that your system does not have an outdated version of the diagnostic tool.
- In case you still have the previous version, then uninstall it and install the latest one.
- QuickBooks keeps releasing new versions to eliminate bugs and fix issues.
- Now, you can navigate to the developer’s website,e., Intuit Inc., and get yourself the latest installation package.
- After that, you can extract the files into the system.
- Once you get it on your PC, open the setup, and follow the installation instructions.
- Now the tool must launch automatically; if it doesn’t, then we can start it manually.
- Further, you can navigate to the directory that possesses the company file, which needs to be fixed.
- You don’t have to use the network connectivity option if you are a single user of the software.
- However, connectivity errors are the most prominent reasons that cause most of the QuickBooks problems.
- The next step is to enter the admin password whenever prompted on the screen.
- Click ok to confirm this election.
- Furthermore, you will need to select either a host system or a workstation PC.
- Once you complete all these steps, now let QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool tackle the errors.
How to use a connection diagnostic tool to fix QuickBooks issues?
To deploy QuickBooks, you need to take a few steps, and those are as follows.
- Firstly, you will need to launch the QuickBooks desktop on your computer.
- Double-click over the QuickBooks desktop icon to open it.
- Make sure not to open the corrupted file.
- Now go to the utility section and click repair file.
- After that, you can click network problems.
- Now you may click yes over the alert notification seeking permission to collect personal information related to QuickBooks.
- Now open the folder that consists of a company file.
- Choose the option, Show advanced settings, which will open the list of items.
- Here you will have to choose the issue related to the problem you’re facing.
- Now you will be prompted to enter the QuickBooks login ID and password.
- After entering the correct credentials, click the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- Now, wait for some time until the diagnostic tool detects and fixes the issues.
Useful features of QB connection diagnostic tool
Connection diagnostic tool QuickBooks is loaded with lots of features. Here are some of the critical elements that can be used by QuickBooks users to eliminate the problems.
Under the diagnose connection tab, you can test the computer set up and ensure that you can access the company data file from your workstation. It lets you complete all the steps whether you have configured it as a single-user or multi-user. Sometimes, the error can occur due to permissions being not set correctly, or the firewall/ports being blocked. It consists of two more tabs known as firewall status and test connectivity.
- Firewall status
The firewall status displays the necessary information about the firewall, such as Windows firewall details or typical firewall applications and errors. You may also see some essential information, such as the port configuration.
- Test connectivity
Here you can test the computer’s network connectivity. It displays the field box – company file and hosting server. You can select both by clicking over the browse button and then clicking over test connectivity. The test results display at the bottom of the test connectivity screen. Here are the detailed steps.
- The first step is to click browse adjacent to the company file field box.
- Now choose the file from the folder where you have saved it.
- If your network setup is in alternate mode, then it is suggested to use the Linux system, and the other users may choose to change the hosting server checkbox.
- Once the tests are carried out, then the status will appear at the bottom in red or green.
- The red represents that the test has failed, while the green represents the test is successful.
Need further assistance? Call the accounting professionals
QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool is one of the most reliable applications to fix various network connection-related problems in QuickBooks. Some users might face trouble using this tool, so they need an expert’s help. This article has been created with a lot of research so that we can deliver the best to you. In case you still find it challenging to use, you must contact our QuickBooks technical support team via helpline number. We are available 24/7 to support you so that you can get the maximum benefit.