QuickBooks Error 1016 is basically related to the OL & OLSU Bank form issues that generally been arisen when you try to open the form. Mostly cases, such an error code appears when there is any technical glitch in your banking site. Rather than this, there are several more reasons behind the occurrence of this particular error. The possible factors of such error code could be TLS Settings not properly configured, QuickBooks Company file may be damaged or corrupt, or there may be something went wrong with your Bank server. It is very important to detect the real cause of any error issue before trying to sort them out. If you are not skilled enough to Remove QuickBooks Error 1016 on your own, then get QuickBooks Account Help from certified experts.
Why does QuickBooks Error 1016 Occurs?
Check out the most relevant reasons listed below due to which you come across with Error 1016 in QuickBooks:
- The Error Code 1016 QuickBooks happens if there is some technical problem in your financial institution or bank like:
- Your bank’s website is undergoing maintenance
- Your bank is sending some important alerts but you ignore the notification
- Some modifications were done by your financial institution in their service offerings, Web Connect or Direct Connect
- Your bank’s website is having a server problem
- Due to an internet connection issue, the error occurs
- Error in the QuickBooks company files can create such a problem
- Can encounter this error if using an outdated version of QuickBooks
- Due to corrupt downloading or incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop, then error code 1016 arises
Read More:- How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1772?
Corrupt import format can be the one reason for this issue
Efficient Guidelines to Remove QuickBooks Error Code 1016
Once you go through the steps noted below, it is guaranteed that QuickBooks Error 1016 will surely be annihilated. So, get set ready to follow the given instructions appropriately. Have a glance:
Step 1: Enable the TLS 1.2 Protocol To Fix It
The very first step you should try is to resolve QuickBooks Error 1016 is to enable or turn on the TLS 1.2. To do so, follow the provided steps:
- First, you are advised to open the Internet Explorer browser on your PC. Make sure that the latest version of IE is installed on your PC
- Now, Click on the “Gear” icon from the top-right corner of the page
- Go to the “Internet Options” section and from there tap the “Advanced” Tab
- After that, go to the “Security” option
- You can see the two options, one is TLS 1.0 and the next one is TLS 1.2.
- Uncheck the checkbox “USE TLS 1.0”
- Give a tick to the checkbox “USE TLS 1.2”
- Now, tap “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes
- After that, press the keys “CTRL + ALT + DEL” from your keyboard to open the Task Manager
- Go to the “Processes” tab and close all the running processes in the background
- Restart your computer now
- And then Open QuickBooks to try using the online banking feature again to check the error code 1016 resolves or not
Continue to the next resolving step, if you yet experience the QuickBooks Error 1016.
Step 2: Create A New Company File
Due to corrupt company file, you can get such error. That’s why, to eliminate that issue, you need to create a new Company file. Here you can see how to do that:
- First and foremost, you have to click on the “File” menu
- Select the “New Company” and then tap the “Express Start” button
- After successfully creation of new company file, try to add the bank account
- Download bank feed transaction to test the account
Also Read:- How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6143?
If the same error code yet persists, try a different method to sort it out.
Step 3: Try to Run the Setup with CTRL Key
- First, take a backup of your company file
- Now, check Inactive bank accounts by navigating to the “Company” and then “Chart of Accounts”
- Now, give a tick-mark on the Include Inactive option
- Choose the account and give a right-click on it and then tap the “Edit” button
- After doing that, you have to go to the Bank feed setting and click on deactivate All online services
- Once you deactivate the selected account click “Save”
- In the end, tap “Close” to exit
Step 4: Now, Run the Bank Feed by Pressing and Holding Down the Ctrl Key
- While entering your bank details, press and hold the Ctrl key
- Go to the “Banking” section and tap on the “bank feed” center. Make sure in the bank feed click on Ctrl and tap Send/Receive
- Once it is done press the Ctrl key and tap “OK” after entering the PIN. Continue holding the Ctrl key until you receive the message that the transaction has been downloaded
- Try to add the Bank account and activate all of them
- This may fix QuickBooks 1016 Error
Take QuickBooks Account Help from Deft Connoisseurs
Don’t pull your hair! If you still encounter QuickBooks Error 1016 as top-most technical engineers are present 24/7 for your help. You only need to do is to make a direct connection with them via dialing the toll-free number.