QuickBooks Error 15270 is one of the complex problems for QuickBooks Users. It arises when they attempt to download the QuickBooks payroll updates. The error comes because the payroll update didn’t complete successfully or the update file is missing. The Warning message of this error is:
Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.
No matter, whether you are a layperson or techno-savvy, you don’t need to worry about the problem. You can resolve it by yourself through the provided methods in this article. Other than this, you can obtain QuickBooks Technical Support by pro advisors.
Let’s start describing this problem systematically and fix it quickly:
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15270
- Active programs running on your computer start crashing frequently.
- An error message appears on the computer screen.
Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 15270
- Improper installation of QuickBooks software.
- Partial download of update files.
- IE (internet explorer) is not your default web browser.
- Corrupt program files of QuickBooks.
- Virus-infected window program.
- Unstable internet connection during the update process
- User Account settings are turned on.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 15270 completely
Here we have described all the potential methods to troubleshoot this error:
Step 1: Turn Off UAC On Your Very First Step
- Hit the Start button to open the main menu and select the Control Panel tab.
- Go to the User Accounts option and change the User Account Settings.
- Now, move the slider to avoid getting notification.
- Click on the Ok option > restart your computer > reopen the company file.
Step 2: Manually Update QuickBooks Payroll
- First of all, you need to restart your QuickBooks.
- Here, an Install Later option appears in the QuickBooks Update Service.
- Go to the Help section and select the “Update QuickBooks” option.
- Give a click on the “Update Now” tab and then mark the Reset update before selecting the “Get Update” option.
- Now, press OK to confirm the reset.
- Once done, you will have to restart your QuickBooks and choose the Install Now option if the QuickBooks Update Service message pops up.
- For installing payroll update again, you need to go to the Employees tab and then opt for the Get Payroll Updates tab.
- After that, you will have to choose the Download Entire Payroll Update option and select the Update option.
More For You:- How to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 12029?
Step 3: Run Reboot.bat File Appropriately
- To do so, first of all, you should turn your QuickBooks Desktop application off.
- Next, you need to open the folder containing the reboot.bat file.
- Afterward, you will have to right-click on the QuickBooks icon to select the Properties option.
- Then, you will have to choose an option that says ‘Open File Location’.
- Right-click on the reboot.bat file to opt for the Run As Administrator.
- Hereafter, you should quickly restart your computer system and see if the same error is sorted out.
Step 4: Get and Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
To resolve this error, you can use QuickBooks Tool Hub, which is a good option. This tool helps to troubleshoot common Errors of QuickBooks.
Follow the below points respectively to download and use QuickBooks Tool Hub For fixing QuickBooks Update Error 15270:
1. Download & Install the QB Tool Hub
- Firstly, close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer, where you can easily access it.
- Go to the file download location and double-click on it.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and keep following the instructions to install this tool.
- When the installation finishes, double-click on its’ icon to run the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Note:- If you don’t get the icon, search it in windows by typing “QuickBooks Tool Hub” and then click on it.
2. Use QB Tool Hub to Fix This Problem
- Select Program Problems in QB Tool Hub.
- After that, Click on Quick Fix my Program.
Step 5. Set Internet Explorer your default Browsing App
Intuit, which developed QuickBooks, recommends using Internet Explorer as the default browsing software. If this is not the default internet browser on your computer, you may face various errors, including this problem also. Making Internet Explorer your default web browser is too straightforward. Just follow the below points one by one:
- Search Default Apps option in the windows search bar.
- Here, find the Web browser option and set Internet Explorer your default browsing app.
Advanced Technical Backing if QuickBooks Error 15270 Continues
By implementing any of the above-discussed troubleshooting solutions, you will be able to resolve QuickBooks Update Error 15270. Besides, if any kind of mishaps or loopholes arises, you can quickly get the appropriate assistance from the experts. For that, you should place a quick call at QuickBooks Customer Service, which remains active 24 by 7 to provide the right help.