QuickBooks Error 12029 appears when a user is updating QuickBooks or trying to update QuickBooks payroll. It is the most common error that users usually encounter and it basically happens due to QuickBooks failure in accessing the server. There is also a chance firewall tries to block the updating process of QuickBooks or payrolls. So, it should always be the priority to eradicate this problem as soon as possible so you can continue your work smoothly in QuickBooks. Don’t feel blue! If you are unable to fix this error code on your own as here, we are discussed. So, once you go through the instructions you will come to know the troubleshooting guides with an ease.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Error 12029 Occurs
Let’s have a glimpse on the noted points to get to know the possible causes for this QuickBooks Update Error 12029 issue:
- Due to having an issue with internet connection
- If the internet security settings are not configured properly
- Because of using an unsupported Internet Browser
- QuickBooks update timeout
- If the problem with firewall settings
- Not correctly SSL settings adjusted
So, with these given points, you may pick some ideas that why you come across with this kind of QuickBooks problem. And once you know the actual reason behind it, you can effortlessly get rid of by your own. Moreover, the effectual guidance is mentioned underneath through which you can have the solution.
Solutions to Eliminate Error 12029 in QuickBooks
Here are the solutions listed beneath you need to walk through to get your QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029 problem annihilated at an instant. So, have a glance:
Solution 1: Fix Local Computer and Internet Connection Issue
- First, try to upgrade your Windows to the latest version
- Now, update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release
- Check the internet potential to confirm if any dropped internet packets are there
- Next, upgrade your Internet Explorer browser to 11.0 and make it as default one
- Correct SSL Settings and make sure TLS 1.2 is enabled
- Configure your Internet firewall and Internet security to allow QuickBooks connections
- After verifying all these, restart your PC and then try to update QuickBooks or payroll again
If the same error code still persists, continue to the next solution.
Solution 2: Reconfigure your QuickBooks Payroll and Reboot the Updates
To do this, follow the given steps:
- First, unplug your wireless router or Internet Switch and wait for few seconds
- Turn-on the wireless router or Internet Switch and check the internet latency now
- Now, open QuickBooks and Company File
- Press the keys Ctrl + K simultaneously from your keyboard
- Tap “Edit” option on the Window
- Give an uncheck to the option “Open Payroll Setup” by clicking on it
Once you complete this information, the payroll updates will start updating automatically. So, wait till the process ends. If yet, confronting the same error code, continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks
- First, choose “Help” and then tap “Internet Connection Setup”
- Select the option “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet”
- Afterwards, tap “Next” and the tap “Done”
- Now, try updating QuickBooks again
Take QuickBooks Help to Sort Out QuickBooks Error 12029
If none of the above-mentioned solutions are effectual for you in resolving QuickBooks Error 12029, then don’t wag-off! As we have tech-savvy who will help you out. So, give an instant call on toll-free number and take reliable QuickBooks Help for your QuickBooks problematic error.