QuickBooks POS Socket Error 10060 is faced by many QuickBooks users. It is a kind of ‘connection time out’ error that usually comes when users do payments via debit cards or credit cards. The error may raise your temper as it is one of the most annoying. However, you don’t need to suffer because we got you covered. As in this blog, you will find all the possible solutions that can help you in solving QuickBooks error 10060.
When paying through debit cards or credit cards in the QuickBooks system, the connection needs to be active. Therefore, when the connection is not active, it causes this error. There are so many reasons behind the error 10060 that you should know before you proceed to attempt solutions.
Causes of QuickBooks POS Socket Error 10060
Below is the list of the reason that may affect the working of QuickBooks. Check out the list:
- The error occurs when there is a connection issue
- Socket connection issue
- Security software blocks network connection
- When an EFT server problem occurs
Also See:- How to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 3180?
You can also reach to the support department of QuickBooks to know more about the error.
What are the steps to solve QuickBooks POS Socket Error 10060?
You can follow the below steps to resolve the error you are having in QuickBooks.
Solution 1: When the socket is not linked
If you are facing this error because of the socket then perform the below steps.
- First, check the socket connectivity
- Ensure that all the wires are connected well.
- Then check if it works or not.
Solution 2: When Security software blocks the network connection
Sometimes security software also blocks the network if they find something suspicious.
- If your security software such as antivirus has blocked the connection, then turn off the software.
- Conduct the transaction again if the above worked for you or not.
- If the transaction is completed without any interruption, then it means that the issue is resolved.
- But if not, yet you are facing the error in your QuickBooks then proceed with the next step.
Solution 3: Multiple Workstations are in use
When multiple workstations are in use, then use the system where you have used the credit card.
- Open the QuickBooks and open the Edit menu
- Select Preferences, and then select Company
- Now choose the Communication setup
- Ensure that ‘use this computer for all credit card and debit transaction’option is tick marked. If not, then click on change to this device.
- Save now
- Close the current window and again open your Point of Sale.
- Click on the Tools menu then click on User Information
- Locate if the WS-EFT server is present under the workstation.
- If it is there, then Process the card.
You May Also Read:- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1935?
Solution 4: Create a New Data File
Creating a new file will resolve your 10060 error, see the below steps:
- Open File menu click Select Company data and then select New
- Now write Test in the given space and provide an identity to the new data file
- Visit the Edit menu and select Choose Preference >> Click on a company
- Choose the Merchant Service and then fill the details
- Save the changes
- Next, click on the Tools menu and select User Information
- Open POS and try processing the card once again.
Ensure that you use all mentioned steps carefully while resolving QuickBooks POS Socket Error 10060. However, if you face any issue while performing the steps then take experts’ help. Or if the issue is still there then try connecting with experts using QuickBooks Number to get immediate help.