While sending an employee record to QuickBooks, copying any company file, updating QuickBooks, there is a chance of the appearance of a couple of errors. QuickBooks Error Code 3180 is also the one that may occur during these tasks and need to annihilate sooner. This particular error code may also take place when trying to send time sections from BillQuick to QuickBooks for finance. It is one such error that determines when the client tries to interface with the QuickBooks the accompanying mistakes happen, such as QuickBooks Error 3180. Take QuickBooks Help from QuickBooks experts to deal with this problem in a cost-efficient way.
Reasons for Confronting QuickBooks Error Code 3180
There are lots of possible causes for getting the Error Code 3180 issue. Few are listed below, so have a glimpse here:
- The error code 3180 arises when the QuickBooks Desktop sales tax item is not embedded with any vendor.
- If the account mapping of the sales tax payable account is incorrect, then also a specific error issue occurs.
- Another possible cause could be the use of the sale tax payable account to create a paid out.
- Due to one or more items on receipt having the sales tax payable account selected as the target account.
As a part of this error, you will receive a message stating “status code 3180” on the computer screen and will hindrance with working for your QuickBooks programs. It is very important to resolve this error as fast as possible to maintain the function of QuickBooks smoothly. On the basis of its causes, you can eradicate this problem so easily. Hence, let’s do it!
Read More:- Fix QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20
Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 3180
These are the several potential solutions you can go through to get rid of the Error Code 3180 in QuickBooks. Have a glance at the noted points:
Solution 1: Unify Items in QuickBooks
To perform this, you need to follow the given steps:
- First and forecast, you are recommended to open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, go to the “List” menu and then move to the “Item” section.
- After that choose the include inactively.
- For sorting the list, opt “Type header”.
- And then, rename the “Point of Sale payment” items.
- Give a right-click on the payment item that starts with Point of Sale.
- Select “Edit Items”.
- Now, add “OLD” to the item name.
- Tap “OK” after adding the OLD in the item name.
- Now, run the financial exchange from your Point of Sale.
- And then in QuickBooks desktop, merge the duplicate items.
- Now, again choose “Edit Item”.
- Remove “OLD” from the item name.
- Tap “OK”.
- And to confirm, click the “Yes” button.
Solution 2: Ensure That Vendor is assigned to the Sales Tax Items
Give assurance by following the provided instructions:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your PC.
- Go to the “List” section.
- Go to the “Item” menu.
- And then select “Include Inactive”.
- Choose the “Type column” to sort the list alphabetically.
- At last, ensure that all the sales tax items have a tax agency to it.
Once you are confirmed, try to operate the QuickBooks program to check if the error solves. If the same error code still persisting, give it a try to the next solution.
Solution 3: Choose Your Tax Preference
To do so, follow the underneath steps:
- First, open QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Then, Go to the “File” menu.
- Choose the “Preferences” option.
- Select “Company”.
- Under the “Financial” option, tap the “Accounts” button.
- Mark on the “Basic and Advanced” tab.
- Make sure that QuickBooks Sales Tax Payable is only listed in the sales tax row. If it is not, change it and run a financial exchange.
Check This Also:- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1935?
Solution 4: Make Sure That You Have Not Paid Out the Problem Receipt Using Sales Tax Payable
With the help of the beneath instructions you can ensure it:
- On your QuickBooks Point of Sale, click “Sales History”.
- Now, give a right-click on any column and then choose “Customize Columns”.
- Ensure that the “QuickBooks Status” is selected.
- Check for the receipts that are not yet completed.
- Select the receipt if any of the receipts are paid out to sales tax payable and then click “Reverse Receipt”.
- Next, you need to Re-create the paid out using a non-sales tax payable account
- Run financial exchange.
Obtain QuickBooks Support to Instantly Solve QuickBooks Error Code 3180
Hopefully! The aforementioned solutions for QuickBooks Error Code 3180 will surely be helpful in exterminating the error. But sometimes a couple of users are not able to cope-up the error due to less technical knowledge. So, for them, QuickBooks Technical Support is available to obtain a reliable and effective solution. The numbers of talented tech-savvy are working on this to proffer world-class remedy in the least time of interval. Therefore, call on the helpline number and stay tuned!