Learn the significance and benefits of using Quickbooks Remote Access with us!
Renowned for innovative accounting and accurate bookkeeping solutions, QuickBooks has everything a businessman looks for in finance and money management software. Moreover, the latest feature of QuickBooks Remote Access is just like the cherry on the cake. It reduces the complexity level, benefiting users in ways more than one.
As the name suggests, it enables its users to access their important documents, files, and folders anytime from their system to another system. Users can also explore numerous benefits of this feature with a strong internet connection.
Let us discuss the extensive benefits of QuickBooks Remote Access in this guide. If you want to dive into its technicality and need to speak to the experts, feel free to reach QuickBooks Technical Support. You will get the required help 24*7 anytime, anywhere.
What are the Benefits of QuickBooks Remote Access?
With businesses expanding globally and increasing the need to work remotely, remote access to accounting data has become an essential need of the hour. Therefore, Access QuickBooks is remotely opted for by users globally.
If you are unaware of this fantastic option, here’s a compiled list of its benefits for you:
- Authorized accountants can access clients’ data easily anytime, anywhere.
- Business managers can easily track data and changes made by accountants. They can track the activities via QuickBooks Desktop.
- You can copy-paste the files in between the computer both local and remote.
- Next, it works online thus, saving spending on infrastructure and travel time.
- Multiple users can work together on the same QuickBooks file.
- Last, but an amazing benefit is that you can print any document to your local printer from a remote PC.
READ ALSO:- QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to Repair QuickBooks Errors
Is There Any Cost of Accessing QuickBooks Remotely?
The software provides users the flexibility of accessing documents, sharing with other Pcs, printing a document on a local printer, and many more. But, there is a certain cost that you have to pay to get the advantage of all these features and services. The cost of accessing QuickBooks remotely comes in two packages:
- QuickBooks Access starts at $70.95/month
- Full Desktop Access starts at $99.75/month
How users can take advantage of QuickBooks Remote Access?
The users must opt for at least one of the following options given below to avail the QuickBooks Remote Access facility.
Let’s check out the possible options one by one:
Read Also: QuickBooks Mileage Tracker
1. Hosting QuickBooks Desktop on the cloud
QuickBooks facilitates users in multiple ways. It allows them to have complete control of their data from third-party servers in a secure environment.
QuickBooks allows authorized hosting of QuickBooks desktop software on third-party servers. It also authenticates users to operate the installed QuickBooks software from anywhere over the internet. This doesn’t restrict the user from using any of the features or performing cross-drive operations.
This doesn’t require any additional effort to install or maintain QuickBooks by the users.
2. Switching QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
Unlike the QuickBooks desktop version, QuickBooks online allows users to work freely in the cloud atmosphere. If they (users) have Converted QuickBooks Desktop to Online then they can access their QuickBooks’ data from the servers anytime. Thus, allowing users to take the benefit of QuickBooks Remote Access.
3. QuickBooks remote access tool
The following possible way to enjoy the benefits of QuickBooks Remote Access is by using QuickBooks remote access tool.
Using this tool, users can connect with another remote machine at which the QB desktop is installed. It enables them to perform specific basic tasks like accessing and transferring files between local and remote computers. It also allows the printing of files on a remote computer using a local printer.
This tool works perfectly under solid network connectivity. However, users need to ensure proper network connection between both devices, permissions setup, etc.; otherwise, it may trouble the smooth operations.
There are many alternatives to this tool available in the market. You can also purchase it online from the Intuit website only.
Read Also:- How to Integrate Shopify with QuickBooks? Complete Integration
Steps to Setup the QuickBooks Remote Access
- Visit the Intuit Inc. website.
- Sign up for QuickBooks remote access on the website.
- Next, open a web browser on which you want to access the data remotely and go to QuickBooks remote access website.
- Login to your registered account.
- Next, go to your Set up computer and download the remote access tool installation file.
- Double click on the downloaded file in the Downloads folder to install it successfully.
- Next, enter ‘Name of the System’ in the Nickname section and click on the Next.
- Now, select Next to the applications to access remotely on this computer for future use. Go through each of the given options, select the ones that are helpful to you, and click on ‘Next.
- Make sure you secure the remote access feature by using the authentication method. You can ask for a passcode or authentication code on the phone number during a new login.
- Once you have decided on authentication, click on the ‘Finish’ tab.
Note: A passcode remains the same every time the user tries remote access. But when a phone number verification is used for authentication, the user receives a phone call or OTP to permit the access and login.
Alternate Way to Access QuickBooks remotely
- To begin with, the process, Go to your remote system and open the web browser.
- Visit the QuickBooks remote access website and log in.
- Enter the registered ‘Email Address’ and ‘Password’ to authorize yourself and click on ‘Sign in.‘
- In the next step, check on the box that shows your computer’s nickname and click on the ‘Connect’
- In the next step, follow the steps given on-screen to authorize your desktop.
- Lastly, click on the Remote access drop-down option to close the session and click on the End QuickBooks remote access session.
READ ALSO:- QuickBooks Refresher Tool – Fix Common QuickBooks Errors
Unbeatable Security and Reliability of QuickBooks Tool
The accounting data for any business is its real assets and so it demands robust security and safety for it. Whatever the medium of communication of accounting data is, it needs to be reliable and trustworthy. Each of its layers should be secure to prevent any activity or threat to it.
Thus, QuickBooks remote access and QuickBooks online are most preferred by businesses. These tools provide complete security to data and accounting processes. These are efficient and reliable products and anyone can easily rely on its services.
For example, for cloud-based solutions, QuickBooks online provides robust security. To ensure 360-degree security, Intuit authorized commercial hosts after screening. Quickbooks encrypt the data with 256-bit encryption. Hence. if you are concerned about security, QuickBooks offers you the best tool.
In the Nutshell:
The information mentioned above shows that various security measures define the QuickBooks Remote Access feature. If you want to work smoothly using this feature, you better follow all the guidelines and take protective measures to secure your system.
If you find any difficulty setting up this option or accessing the software remotely, feel free to contact QuickBooks Error Support for their quick assistance. They can help you with a better understanding of technicalities and issues you might face during the process.