Renowned for innovative accounting and accurate bookkeeping solutions, QuickBooks has everything a businessman looks for in finance and money management software. Moreover, the latest feature of QuickBooks Remote Access is just like the cherry on the cake. It reduces the complexity level, benefiting users in ways more than one.
As the name suggests, it enables its users to access their important documents, files, and folders anytime from their system to another system. Users can also explore numerous benefits of this feature with a strong internet connection.
Let us discuss the extensive benefits of QuickBooks Remote Access in this guide. If you want to dive into its technicality and need to speak to the experts, feel free to reach QuickBooks Technical Support. You will get the required help 24*7 anytime, anywhere.
What are the Benefits of QuickBooks Remote Access?
With businesses expanding globally and increasing the need to work remotely, remote access to accounting data has become an essential need of the hour.
Therefore, Access QuickBooks is remotely opted for by users globally.
If you are unaware of this fantastic option, here’s a compiled list of its benefits for you.
- Authorized accountants can access clients’ data easily anytime, anywhere.
- Business managers can easily track data and changes made by accountants. They can track the activities via QuickBooks Desktop
- Features copy and paste data between PCs, both local and remote.
- It saves traveling time for accountants.
Multiple users are allowed to access files simultaneously.
How users can take advantage of the QuickBooks Remote Access?
The users must opt for at least one of the following options given below to avail the QuickBooks Remote Access facility.
Let’s check out the possible options one by one.
Hosting QuickBooks Desktop on the cloud
QuickBooks facilitates users in multiple ways. It allows them to have complete control of their data from third-party servers in a secure environment.
QuickBooks allows authorized hosting of QuickBooks desktop software on third-party servers. It also authenticates users to operate the installed QuickBooks software from anywhere over the internet. This doesn’t restrict the user from using any of the features or performing cross-drive operations.
This doesn’t require any additional effort to install or maintain QuickBooks by the users.
Switching to QuickBooks Online
Unlike the QuickBooks desktop version, QuickBooks online allows users to work freely in the cloud atmosphere. They can access their data from the servers anytime. Thus, allowing users to take the benefit of QuickBooks Remote Access.
QuickBooks remote access tool
The following possible way to enjoy the benefits of QuickBooks Remote Access is by using QuickBooks remote access tool.
Using this tool, users can connect with another remote machine at which the QB desktop is installed. It enables them to perform specific basic tasks like accessing and transferring files between local and remote computers. It also allows the printing of files on a remote computer using a local printer.
This tool works perfectly under solid network connectivity. However, users need to ensure proper network connection between both devices, permissions setup, etc.; otherwise, it may trouble the smooth operations.
There are many alternatives to this tool available in the market. You can also purchase it online from the Intuit website only.
Steps to Setup the QuickBooks Remote Access
- Visit the Intuit website.
- Sign up for QuickBooks remote access on the website.
- Next, open a web browser on which you want to access the data remotely and go to QuickBooks remote access website.
- Login to your registered account.
- Next, go to your Set up computer and download the remote access tool installation file.
- Double click on the downloaded file in the Downloads folder to install it successfully.
- Next, enter ‘Name of the System’ in the Nickname section and click on the Next.
- Now, select Next to the applications to access remotely on this computer for future use. Go through each of the given options, select the ones that are helpful to you, and click on ‘Next.
- Make sure you secure the remote access feature by using the authentication method. You can ask for a passcode or authentication code on the phone number during a new login.
- Once you have decided on authentication, click on the ‘Finish’ tab.
Note: A passcode remains the same every time the user tries remote access. But when a phone number verification is used for authentication, the user receives a phone call or OTP to permit the access and login.
Alternate Way to Access QuickBooks remotely
- To begin with, the process, Go to your remote system and open the web browser.
- Visit the QuickBooks remote access website and log in.
- Enter the registered ‘Email Address’ and ‘Password’ to authorize yourself and click on ‘Sign in.‘
- In the next step, check on the box that shows your computer’s nickname and click on the ‘Connect’
- In the next step, follow the steps given on-screen to authorize your desktop.
- Lastly, click on the Remote access drop-down option to close the session and click on the End QuickBooks remote access session.
In the Nutshell:
The information mentioned above shows that various security measures define the QuickBooks Remote Access feature. If you want to work smoothly using this feature, you better follow all the guidelines and take protective measures to secure your system.
If you find any difficulty setting up this option or accessing the software remotely, feel free to contact QuickBooks Error Support for their quick assistance. They can help you with a better understanding of technicalities and issues you might face during the process.