Renowned for smart accounting and accurate bookkeeping solutions, QuickBooks has everything that a businessman looks for in a finance and money management software. Moreover, the latest feature of QuickBooks Remote Access is just like the cherry on the cake. It reduces the complexity level, benefiting users in ways more than one. As the name suggests, it enables its users to access their important documents, files, and folders anytime from their system to another system. Users can avail the numerous benefits of this feature in the presence of a strong network connection.
Let us walk you through the extensive benefits of QuickBooks Remote Access via this article. In case you want to dive into its technicality and need to speak to the experts, feel free to reach QuickBooks Desktop Support. You will get the required help 24*7 anytime anywhere.
Benefits of QuickBooks Remote Access
With businesses expanding across the globe and an increase in the need to work remotely, remote access to accounting data has become an important need of the hour. Therefore, users around the world are quickly opting for QuickBooks Remote Access. If you are unaware of this amazing option, here’s a compiled list of its benefits for you.
- Easy access to all the client’s data by the authorized accountants anytime anywhere.
- Easy tracking of data and changes made by the accountants by the business managers. They can track the activities via QuickBooks desktop activities.
- Easy facility to copy and paste data between PCs both local and remote.
- Saves traveling time for accountants via remote access of data.
- Allows access to files by multiple users simultaneously.
The benefits listed below make QuickBooks Remote Access quite popular among users worldwide.
How users can take advantage of the QuickBooks Remote Access?
It is necessary for the users to opt for at least one of the following options given below in order to avail the facility of QuickBooks Remote Access. Let’s check out what are the possible options one by one.
1. Hosting QuickBooks desktop on the cloud
QuickBooks facilitates users in multiple ways. It allows them to have full control of their data from third party servers in a secure environment. QuickBooks allows authorized hosting of QuickBooks desktop software on the third party servers and authenticates users to operate the installed QuickBooks software from anywhere over the internet. This doesn’t restrict the user from using any of the features or perform cross-drive operations.
This doesn’t require any additional effort to install or maintain QuickBooks by the users.
2. Switching to QuickBooks online
Unlike QuickBooks desktop version, QuickBooks online allows users to work freely in the cloud atmosphere. It gives them the opportunity to access their data from the servers anytime in the presence of a strong internet connection. Thus, allowing users to take the benefit of QuickBooks Remote Access.
3. QuickBooks remote access tool
The next possible way to enjoy the benefits of QuickBooks Remote Access is by using QuickBooks remote access tool. Using this tool, users can connect with another remote machine at which the QB desktop is installed. It enables them to perform certain basic tasks like access and transfer of files between local and remote computers. It also allows the printing of files on a remote computer using a local printer.
This tool works perfectly under strong network connectivity. However, users need to ensure proper network connection between both devices, permissions setup, etc., else it may trouble the smooth operations.
There are many alternatives to this tool available in the market. However, you can purchase it easily online from the Intuit website only.
Steps to Setup the QuickBooks Remote Access
- The first step is to visit the intuit website and sign up for QuickBooks remote access on the website.
- In the next step, open a web browser on which you want to access the data remotely and go to QuickBooks remote access website.
- Login to your registered account.
- In the next step, go to your Set up computer and download the remote access tool installation file. Once the file is downloaded, Double click on the file in the Downloads folder to install it successfully.
- Next, enter ‘Name of the System’ in the Nickname section and click on the Next
- In the next step, Tickmark next to the applications to access remotely on this computer for future use. Go through each of the given options and select the ones which are useful to you and click on ‘Next’.
- Make sure you secure the remote access feature by using the authentication method. You can ask for a passcode or authentication code on the phone number during a new login.
Note: A passcode remains the same every time the user tries remote access, whereas when a phone number verification is used for authentication, the user received a phone call or OTP to permit the access and login.
- Once you have decided on the way of authentication, click on the ‘Finish’ tab.
Alternate Way to Access QuickBooks desktop remotely
- To begin with the process, Go to your remote system and open the web browser.
- Visit the QuickBooks remote access website and log in.
- Enter the registered ‘Email Address’ and ‘Password’ to authorize yourself and click on ‘Sign in’
- In the next step, check on the box which shows the nickname of your computer and click on the ‘Connect’ option.
- In the next step, follow the steps given on screen to authorize your desktop.
- Lastly, to close the session click on the Remote access drop-down option, and click on End QuickBooks remote access session option.
In the Nutshell:
The aforementioned information shows that the QuickBooks Remote Access feature is defined by various security measures. If you want to work smoothly using this feature, you better follow all the guidelines and take all the protective measures to secure your system. In case you find any difficulty while setting up this option or during accessing the software remotely, feel free to get in touch with QuickBooks desktop support for their quick assistance. They can help you with a better understanding of technicalities and issues you might face during the process.