QuickBooks is one of the premier accounting software, and it can be operated from anywhere in some methods. The first is to access QuickBooks remotely, and the second is to convert QuickBooks desktop to online. Here all the things to convert QB Desktop to online have been described. In case you need technical assistance, then contact QuickBooks customer support. Experts will guide you to clear all your queries.
Before converting QuickBooks Enterprise Desktop to QuickBooks Online, you should perform two important steps that are given below:
- You must sign in as an Administrator in both “the Desktop file and QuickBooks”.
- You should not have more than 350,000 QuickBooks company files.
Ways To Convert QuickBooks Desktop To Online
Method 1. Examine the requirement of the file
You must have to ingress your data to QuickBooks online within your first 60 days of the subscription start date. If you have had the QBO subscription for more than 60 days, then you consider these two options.
Search for a QuickBooks ProAdvisor who will convert files within the first 180 days of their subscription start date.
Arrange a new QuickBooks online subscription and access it with a different email address.
Method 2. Organize your QuickBooks Desktop data for Export
Perform the below steps as a checklist to confirm that your data is ready for export.
- Complete outstanding works
- Backup the data
- Update the data
Method 3. Make QuickBooks online accounts
In the subsequent window, you have to provide basic contact information like your email address, mobile number, name, and password to get your QuickBooks account set up.
Method 4. Open the QuickBooks Desktop
Log in to your QuickBooks Desktop account that you are converting from. You need to transfer your data out of this account and into your QuickBooks Online.
Click on the company icon, choose “export company files to QuickBooks online”: If the export company file to the QuickBooks option is not visible there, then, you need to download the most recent update. Hit the help icon, choose Update QuickBooks.
Method 5. Log in back to your QuickBooks Online account
Write your ID & password.
Specify whether you want to bring over inventory
If you are dealing with your inventory in the QuickBooks Desktop, it is presently valued using the average cost method. If you elect to bring the prevailing inventory into the QuickBooks online, use the FIFO method, which may have a noteworthy outcome on the value of your inventory.
Method 6. Choose your QuickBooks Company
Select the QuickBooks Online Company that you want your data to ingress from the drop-down list.
Method 7. Data file copy
The duration that this procedure will take is reliant on how large your file is. If you have less data, this could take a few minutes but if you have larger files, it could take several hours.
Methods To Convert QuickBooks Desktop To QuickBooks Online
To convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online to ingress your database, do perform the given steps:
- Go to QuickBooks Online and hit subscribe here.
- Before conversion, keep a backup file of your QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Make a second copy by reinstating the backup file so that if some negative aspect happens your entire file will be safe.
- QB Enterprise Solutions on the home screen.
- Press Ctrl+1 to open the Product Information window.
- Press Ctrl+b and after that Ctrl+q keys from the keyboard.
- Hit OK to close the window.
- After doing this, the below screen will automatically come up. If it doesn’t appear, do steps 2 and 3 once again.
- Write your QBO user ID and Password.
- Agree to the Terms of Service and tap on the “Submit” option.
- Go to the QBO Company or select the option to make a new Online Company.
- Select the options whether you want to ingress only Lists and balances or all the company data from the Enterprise Company file into your QBO file.
- At last, hit OK, got it.
NOTE: After this procedure, Intuit will send an email to the email linked with the QBO User ID when the file has been merged into the QuickBooks Online Company file.
Getting Intuit’s email mentioning that your data has been merged into your QBO Company file, again sign-in to your QBO account. After this, you can compare your QuickBooks data with your QuickBooks Desktop Data or files.
Hope this process works for you. To get any assistance from the Intuit certified experts, dial the Quickbooks technical support number. Experts will solve all your issues and provide you with the best tips and advice so that you won’t face any issues in the future.