Are you struggling with QuickBooks error 15215? Does your system freeze during work? Well, then you have come to the right place. With our guide, you can get rid of the error easily.
QuickBooks error 15215 server not responding normally occurs when users try to install payroll updates. Another reason may include some other program running in the background creating conflicts. The error message forces you to close the QuickBooks program. However, QuickBooks Error Support can be availed if any user is looking forward to avoiding this error with optimum ease.
Although QuickBooks is a popular software among users, errors make their way to it. Sometimes, it is due to irregular updates or sometimes impartial installation. Whatever it is, we have solutions for all.
In this guide, we will discuss the QuickBooks error 15215 server not responding, its symptoms, causes, and solution.
What is QuickBooks Error 15215?
QuickBooks error 15215 is mainly triggered when QuickBooks is not able to verify the digital signature. That means, if you are trying to download a file and the digital signature (provided by you) cannot be verified by the software, then the error appears.
Further, there can be other reasons which also contribute to its occurrence.
What Are The Root Causes Of QuickBooks Error 15215?
A feature of QuickBooks can also be the cause of the error. But, a misconfiguration in the settings may cause an error.
In QB, there is a feature to verify the signature. It provides security and protection to your data and the system.
Whenever you download any file through the program, it will ask for your digital signature in order to verify you. But, it causes an error when unable to verify the digital signature and eventually causes an error.
The misconfiguration can also have many reasons to occur. You can read the reason in the list mentioned below.
- An improper or incomplete QuickBooks setup can cause the issue.
- Presence of malware or virus in your system.
- If there is a corrupted payroll file (s) in the system, an error may occur.
- In case of a corrupted window, Quickbooks will not work properly.
- If you have deleted a QuickBooks file or files intentionally or mistakenly.
- Incorrect configuration of Microsoft internet explorer can cause the error.
- Lastly but most importantly, when a background application is running and you have put the software on the update, the error may occur.
The Image as shown below is similar which appears on your system
What are the Signs & Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15215?
Before you move to solutions, you need to ensure the error is 15215. You can identify the error with the symptoms and signs mentioned below.
- A message or notification- “Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature” will pop up.
- When the error 15251 occurs, the running window on your PC will start crashing frequently.
- While running the same program, your system may get corrupted.
- While running the same program, your system gets frozen or keeps freezing for a couple of seconds.
- The active widows behave sluggishly and give a low performance.
- Delays in the output devices like the mouse and the keyboard response.
Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Update Error 12007?
Once become acquainted with all causes of such error, you should move to its troubleshooting solutions which are given below:
Troubleshooting methods to resolve Quickbooks error 15215
Whether it is a payroll error or an error born out of a background running program, here is the solution for you. Below we have explained step-by-step solutions that might help you to resolve the error.
Method 1: Reboot Your System
This is one of the simplest and useful methods. It is usually performed to see the intensity of an error.
Like many errors that appear on QuickBooks and others get resolved after rooting the system. Not only it saves your time and effort but acknowledges the intensity of the error.
Once you restart your system, the application that prevents Quickbooks payroll will force it to shut down. Doing so will reset the QB settings and reconfigure the blocked connections.
To reboot your system, you don’t need any technical expertise. Just restart your computer normally. Once it is restarted you can test if the issue still persists.
If the error code still appears then you must check if there is a program running in the background. That program may be the reason for error 15215.
To resolve the error further, move to the next solution, it may help.
You May Also Read: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 9999 Banking problem?
Method 2: Access QB Desktop as System Administrator
With this method, you will give access to QuickBooks over almost all applications running on your windows hence, running as an administrator may allow the program to use the necessary resources to run the program smoothly.
Before you follow the steps mentioned below, make sure you have closed the QuickBooks application.
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Opt for Run as Administrator by right-clicking on it.
- You will come across a message “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?”
- Here, you need to click the Yes option
- Log out from the program.
Once you log in as an Administrator, you will be able to leverage QB Desktop in a proper manner.
Method 3:Give A Quick Restart to Your Computer System in Selective Start-Up
As mentioned earlier, one of the causes of error 15215 is being in conflict with a program running on your system.
For example, CA Security Center is also considered as the reason for conflict from QB Payroll update download.
- Before going to restart your computer system, you should properly close QuickBooks support.
- Press Window + R simultaneously to open a small Run window.
- Now, type ‘msconfig’ in the run box.
- Click ‘Ok’ and you will come across a configuration utility window.
- Choose the ‘Selective Startup’ option and also a checkbox stating the load startup item needs to be unchecked.
- Select the ‘Ok’ option after clicking on the ‘Save’ option.
- Next, you need to restart your computer and reopen the QB again.
- After that, download the current tax table and follow on-screen instructions.
- Once done, check the Normal Startup box and click on the ‘OK’ option and restart your system finally.
Read More: How to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 12029?
Method 4: Properly Configure TLS Settings of Internet Explorer
This method is performed to see if TLS 1.0is checked, and TLS 1.1 and 1.2 are unchecked in the internet explorer.
- Close the QuickBooks application and then open the Internet Explorer.
- Afterward, select ‘Internet Options’ which would be available in the ‘Tool’ section.
- Go to the ‘Advanced tab.
- From here, opt for ‘Advanced Settings’ where you need to search for Use TLS boxes.
- Moving to the next option will ask you to check TLS 1.0 box and uncheck Use TLS 1.1 & Use TLS 1.2 boxes.
- Press the ‘OK’ option for the purpose of closing the window and also closing Internet Explorer completely.
- Give a quick reboot to your personal computer system and regain access to accounting software.
With that, we hope you should have resolved the error 15215. Sometimes the issue is not known but the methods help you eliminate it.
If you are a regular user of QuickBooks, you should keep the software updated regularly or periodically. Because new updates come with features that enable the software to run smoothly and error-free.
Get Help for QuickBooks Error 15215 Server not responding
In case the same error code 15215 persists, you should make proper utilization of QuickBooks Help Number as quickly as possible. It would instantly connect you to a team of adroit professionals who are available 24/7. These troubleshooting geeks will provide you with step-by-step instructions over the phone. Here, you would surely get the feasible possible solution, at the comfort of your home, in a couple of seconds.