QuickBooks is the vital accounting software proffering the best facilities to all small and medium-sized business. For years, QuickBooks has been the prior choice among the users as it manages the accounts securely. It also has highly advanced and newly technological features that make your work job easier. In this blog, we are going to describe about QuickBooks Multi User Setup. So, if you want to set up a network environment or a multi-user set up, you are suggested to read the post carefully and follow the given methods in your own way. For further query, you can also take QuickBooks Help from our well-professional team.
What is QuickBooks Multi User Network?
QuickBooks Multi User Network is the one top-notch feature that allows more than one user to work on single company file simultaneously. With this feature, one can save the time, energy and hence makes the work simpler and more productive. The organizations having immense employees, and every particular employee has been asked for random access to the QuickBooks company file, in such condition QuickBooks Multi User Setup needs to be done. In order to set up multi-user network in QuickBooks desktop, the users are suggested to have a separate licensed copy of QuickBooks application. According to the accounts you are having, the number of users are to be allowed to access the data file like:
- QuickBooks Pro allows a maximum of 3 users to access the file at the same time.
- QuickBooks Premier allows a maximum of 5 users to simultaneously access the QB company file.
- Enterprise Solutions allows a height of 30 users to access the file concurrently.
Requirements before Setting up QuickBooks Multi User Network
Installed up users for the Company file– Every single user is advisable to install the QuickBooks application before going for the Multi-User network.
Examine the Windows file permissions- The users have to log in as a system administrator to seek all the permissions.
Check Your Database server manager- Make sure, you turn on the QuickBooks database server manager before proceeding to the multi-user network.
Steps for QuickBooks Multi-User Setup on QB Desktop
Glimpse of the following steps one-by-one and perform the same for QuickBooks Multi-User Setup:
Step 1: Download and Install the QuickBooks Desktop
- The very first step you need to perform is download the upgraded version of QuickBooks software in your operating system
- Next, run the downloaded file in your system and follow the prompts as directed on-screen to install the application
- And then choose the Multi-User Host installation
Step 2: Turn-on Multi-user Hosting
- First of all, open QuickBooks on your Windows
- Update the QuickBooks Company File to a new version if needed
- Now, click on “File” tab and then select “Utilities” > “Host Multi-User Access”
Step 3: Enable Folder and Windows Access Permissions to Share Company File
- First, give a right-click on the folder in which company file is saved
- Then, go to the “Properties” option and select “Security” tab
- Afterward, click on “Edit” option
- Choose “QBDataServiceUserXX” file and “Full Control”, then click “Allow” option
- Now click “Apply” and “OK” button
- Finally set up Windows access permissions to share the company files. Let’s follow the below guided lines to do this:
- First, press the “Window + R” keys all together to open the File Explorer tab
- Now, search for the folder having the company files saved and give a right-click on it
- Now, tap on Properties > Sharing > Share Add options respectively
- Afterward, select the corresponding QBDataServiceUserXX, where the XX shows the particular version of QuickBooks that you recently access on PC
- At the end, set the permission level to “Full Control” for both the users, and then tap on “Share” button to finally share the company files
Step 4: Configure the Firewall and Security Settings for The Windows
- Click on the “Start” button and then check the “Firewall”
- Select the “Advanced Settings” tab and then “Windows Firewall” option
- Then, right-click the “Inbound Rules” and choose “New Rule” option. You also need to click on “Port” and “Next” buttons respectively
- Afterward, check out the TCP option and then type in certain ports that are required for the QuickBooks you are using
- Moving ahead by selecting the “Allow the connection” tab
- Now, give a checkmark to all the profiles and then press “Next” button
- Then, assign a name to the rule and click “Finish”
- At the end, open QuickBooks Desktop once again that too in multi-user mode or over your network
Step 5: Check Your Company File Followed By QB Database Server Manager
- First, click “Start” button, then go to Programs > QuickBooks respectively
- Then, choose “Scan Folder” tab and tap on “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”
- Now, click on “Add Folder” option
- Select the folder containing the company file and then press “OK”. In order to add some extra folders, go for the “Add folder” option
- After that, click on “Scan” button in order to begin the scanning process
- Finally click “Close” tab to end-up the process
Step 6: Insert the Windows Admin Rights to Allow Multi-Use Set up
On Windows 10
- Click “Start” menu, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other users respectively
- Next, choose the “Add someone else on this computer” option
- Then, select the “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” option at the bottom of the page
- Mention a new Name and Password to the account
- Click “Finish” tab
- Provide the Administrator authorities to the new user
- Choose the newly created account by selecting the account type
- Coming to the next step, select the “Admin” tab mentioned in the drop-down list
- Finally, click “OK” to save the changes
On Windows 8 And 7
- First, press “Ctrl + R” keys simultaneously to open the Control Panel
- Then, select User Accounts > Manage another Account > Create a new account respectively
- Now, type in the user name, followed by opting for the “Administrator” tab and then clicking on the “Create” option
Contact to Tech-Specialists for QuickBooks Tech Help
Hopefully! The above guidelines let you to implement QuickBooks Multi-User Setup in most effective manner. But in case, you find any technical glitches while performing the above listed steps, you are advised to take QuickBooks Tech Help from our well-qualified engineers. To connect with them directly, simply place a single call at helpline number.