QuickBooks is the vital accounting software proffering the best facilities to all small and medium-sized businesses. For years, QuickBooks has been the prior choice among the users as it manages the accounts securely. It also has highly advanced and new technological features that make your work job easier. In this blog, we are going to describe QuickBooks Multi-User Setup. So, if you want to set up a network environment or a multi-user setup, you are suggested to read the post carefully and follow the given methods in your own way. For further queries, you can also take QuickBooks Help from our well-professional team.
What is QuickBooks Multi-User Network?
QuickBooks Multi-User Network is the one top-notch feature that allows more than one user to work on a single company file simultaneously. With this feature, one can save time, energy and hence makes the work simpler and more productive. The organizations have immense employees, and every particular employee has been asked for random access to the QuickBooks company file, in such a condition QuickBooks Multi-User Setup needs to be done. In order to set up a multi-user network in QuickBooks desktop, the users are suggested to have a separate licensed copy of the QuickBooks application. According to the accounts you are having, the number of users is to be allowed to access the data file like:
- QuickBooks Pro allows a maximum of 3 users to access the file at the same time.
- QuickBooks Premier allows a maximum of 5 users to simultaneously access the QB company file.
- Enterprise Solutions allows a height of 30 users to access the file concurrently.
Major Requirements For QuickBooks Multi-User Setup
Installed up users for the Company file– Every single user is advisable to install the QuickBooks application before going for the Multi-User network.
Examine the Windows file permissions- The users have to log in as a system administrator to seek all the permissions.
Check Your Database server manager- Make sure, you turn on the QuickBooks database server manager before proceeding to the multi-user network.
Steps for QuickBooks Multi-User Setup on QB Desktop
A glimpse of the following steps one-by-one and perform the same for QuickBooks Multi-User Setup:
Step 1: Download and Install the QuickBooks Desktop
- The very first step you need to perform is to download the upgraded version of QuickBooks software in your operating system.
- Next, run the downloaded file in your system and follow the prompts as directed on-screen to install the application.
- And then choose the Multi-User Host installation.
Step 2: Turn-on Multi-user Hosting
- First of all, open QuickBooks on your Windows.
- Update the QuickBooks Company File to a new version if needed.
- Now, click on the “File” tab and then select “Utilities” > “Host Multi-User Access”.
Step 3: Enable Folder and Windows Access Permissions to Share Company File
- First, give a right-click on the folder in which the company file is saved.
- Then, go to the “Properties” option and select the “Security” tab.
- Afterward, click on the “Edit” option.
- Choose the “QBDataServiceUserXX” file and “Full Control”, then click the “Allow” option.
- Now click the “Apply” and “OK” button.
- Finally set up Windows access permissions to share the company files. Let’s follow the below-guided lines to do this:
- First, press the “Window + R” keys altogether to open the File Explorer tab.
- Now, search for the folder having the company files saved and give a right-click on it.
- Now, tap on Properties > Sharing > Share Add options respectively.
- Afterward, select the corresponding QBDataServiceUserXX, where the XX shows the particular version of QuickBooks that you recently access on PC.
- In the end, set the permission level to “Full Control” for both the users and then tap on the “Share” button to finally share the company files.
Also Read: QuickBooks Multi User Mode not Working
Step 4: Configure the Firewall and Security Settings for The Windows
- Click on the “Start” button and then check the “Firewall”.
- Select the “Advanced Settings” tab and then the “Windows Firewall” option.
- Then, right-click the “Inbound Rules” and choose the “New Rule” option. You also need to click on the “Port” and “Next” buttons respectively.
- Afterward, check out the TCP option and then type in certain ports that are required for the QuickBooks you are using.
- Moving ahead by selecting the “Allow the connection” tab.
- Now, give a checkmark to all the profiles and then press the “Next” button.
- Then, assign a name to the rule and click “Finish”.
- In the end, open QuickBooks Desktop once again that too in multi-user mode or over your network.
Step 5: Check Your Company File Followed By QB Database Server Manager
- First, click the “Start” button, then go to Programs > QuickBooks respectively.
- Then, choose the “Scan Folder” tab and tap on “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”.
- Now, click on the “Add Folder” option.
- Select the folder containing the company file and then press “OK”. In order to add some extra folders, go for the “Add folder” option.
- After that, click on the “Scan” button in order to begin the scanning process.
- Finally, click the “Close” tab to end up the process.
Step 6: Insert the Windows Admin Rights to Allow Multi-Use Set up
On Windows 10
- Click the “Start” menu, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other users respectively.
- Next, choose the “Add someone else on this computer” option.
- Then, select the “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” option at the bottom of the page.
- Mention a new Name and Password to the account.
- Click the “Finish” tab.
- Provide the Administrator authorities to the new user.
- Choose the newly created account by selecting the account type.
- Coming to the next step, select the “Admin” tab mentioned in the drop-down list.
- Finally, click “OK” to save the changes.
On Windows 8 And 7
- First, press the “Ctrl + R” keys simultaneously to open the Control Panel.
- Then, select User Accounts > Manage another Account > Create a new account respectively.
- Now, type in the user name, followed by opting for the “Administrator” tab and then clicking on the “Create” option.
Contact to Tech-Specialists for QuickBooks Tech Help
Hopefully! The above guidelines let you implement QuickBooks Multi-User Setup in the most effective manner. But in case, you find any technical glitches while performing the above-listed steps, you are advised to take QuickBooks Technical Support from our well-qualified engineers. To connect with them directly, simply place a single call at the helpline number.