Get the complete information of QuickBooks Error 9999 from explanation to its fixing methods.
The QuickBooks accounting software is undoubtedly a highly trusted solution by businesses worldwide. Apart from small and medium scale companies, individuals also use it to stay on top of all their accounting and bookkeeping tasks. However, it might not feel surprising for those using this software for a long time to encounter numerous errors. The software is prone to various glitches and issues that need to be resolved proactively. One such error code is the QuickBooks error 9999. In this article, you’ll find ways to fix it efficiently.
What does the QuickBooks Error 9999 Mean?
It’s a script error that obstructs the user’s internet connection of their bank and QuickBooks online. You’ll find your system hanging or responding very slowly. It, in turn, will negatively affect all your operations.
The QuickBooks online error 9999 occurs when you attempt to update your bank information. The error message will also tell you to update your account later on.
Message of the Error: “Sorry, we can’t update your account. Please try updating again later (9999).”
Effective Fixes for the Error 9999 in QuickBooks
There are many methods to fix this error code in QuickBooks. You can remove irrelevant websites, scan Windows system files, and use malware software, among others.
1. Delete unwanted websites
Specific websites can conflict with the bank connection. They thus prevent you from gaining access to the bank’s website. Follow the steps below to remove such websites:
- Open the Internet Explorer and navigate to ‘Favorites.’
- Check history by tapping on the ‘Filter’ option.
- Now, right-click and click the ‘Delete’ button.
After deleting the unwanted websites, you’ll gain access to the banking website and resolve QuickBooks error 9999.
Read More: How Fix QuickBooks Error 1601?
2. Repair your Windows registry files
Windows registry is crucial for specific operations. If they get corrupted, you should repair them quickly. To repair these files, follow these points.
- Tap the ‘Start’ button and enter ‘Command Prompt’ in the search.
- Now press and hold the keys of ‘Ctrl’ and ‘Shift’ on your keyboard. Then hit the Enter key.
- Tap ‘Yes’ if prompted.
- On the ‘Command Prompt’ window, input ‘Regedit.’ Hit Enter.
- Tap the key associated with error 9999 in the ‘Registry Editor.’
- Click the ‘File’ menu and choose ‘Export.’
- Next, select the folder to save the backup key.
- Choose ‘Selected branch’ in the box of ‘Export range.’
- Now tap ‘Save.’ Save your file with the .reg extension.
Lastly, back up the registry entry. After that, you should verify if the error code 9999 QuickBooks online is resolved.
Also Read: How to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 323?
3. Reconnect the bank account
Sometimes, the online bank account can cause connection interference because of technical bugs. In this case, if you connect back again, you can resolve the error.
- Disconnect the present QB online account linked with your bank account.
- Tap ‘Edit’ for the highlighted account.
- Choose the option of ‘Edit Account Info.’
- Next, tap the ‘Disconnect this account on save’ option.
- Tap ‘Save and Close.’
- Return to your dashboard. You have to re-establish the link. Tap ‘Add Account.’
- Now connect your bank account with the QB online account.
- Type your password and username.
After re-adding your bank account, the connection can be established. You can now see if the QuickBooks error 9999 got resolved or not.
4. Remove the junk files.
When users delete files from their system, it can keep the junk or temporary files in the device. It results in a conflict between various programs. This conflict can be a reason for you to face error 9999 QuickBooks. So, the proper action would be to remove the junk files. Perform the Disk Cleanup process with the following steps.
- Open the ‘Run’ box using the Windows logo and R keyboard keys.
- Now input ‘cleanmgr.exe.’
- Hit Enter or the ‘OK’ button.
- In the window of ‘Disk Cleanup’ choose ‘Clean up system files.
- Click ‘Yes.’ You will find a list of files that you should remove.
- Just mark all these files and then press ‘OK.’
- After that, choose ‘Delete File.’
- Wait for the utility to remove temporary files from your device. It will also clear the caches from the Windows computer. After that, you can run the bank account without any interruptions.
5. Update the Windows drivers
Outdated drivers prevent specific programs from operating correctly. It is because particular programs are not compatible with functions because of the old drivers. It can make you face the QuickBooks error 9999. Make sure you have updated windows drivers, if not then follow the below steps one by one to reinstall the drivers.
- Hit the Windows + X keys on the keyboard.
- Navigate to the ‘Device Manager.’
- Choose a category for marking the device name.
- Right-tap on the device you wish to update.
- Tap the ‘Update Driver’ button.
- If you wish to uninstall the driver, tap the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Restart your system. Then, install the new drivers that are compatible with your Windows system.
Hopefully, you can now feel confident resolving the QuickBooks error 9999 whenever it arises. Follow the stepwise instructions of the different troubleshooting techniques in this article. But if you still face a problem resolving this error code, connect with the expert of the QuickBooks technical support team.