The QuickBooks accounting application is known for its trouble-free and smooth operation. The QuickBooks error 15203 occurs due to corrupted software installation, virus attack on your PC, improper computer shutdown, or any incomplete installation of QB files.
Another reason for QB error code 15203 is the hexadecimal partition error, wherein the Windows OS plays a substantial role in its occurrence. The computer programmers use the hexadecimal partition format to code for the Windows program file. Also, the hex code consists of the reasons and directions to fix an error. Hence, to eliminate the error code 15203 QuickBooks, you need to understand the situations that might lead to its occurrence and the solutions to fix this error.
Root Causes of QuickBooks error 15203
Several reasons result in QB error 15203, and we have discussed all of them below.
- The primary reason is insufficient memory, which you can resolve by restarting your computer.
- The miss-managed memory is also a culprit for QB error 15203. To handle it, you require different memory management programs, which leads to several complications. You can try to eliminate the error by uninstalling these programs.
- Another reason is low RAM space, and to fix the storage issue, you will need to upgrade it.
- The insufficient hard drive space will not allow the installation of new software or drivers. To avoid QuickBooks error 15203, make sure to have at least 100 MB to 500 MB of available disk space in your PC.
- The slow or intermittent internet connection also hampers the QuickBooks operations, and it a possible cause of an error. Restart your router and verify the wires are not frayed or loose.
- If you are not logged in as an admin,then also the error code 15203 occurs. Close all programs and login as an admin to resolve the issue.
- Sometimes, the third-party antivirus security firewall also creates an error. You can temporarily turn it off to check if the problem resolves.
- Lastly, the incorrect Digital Signature can also lead to fatal issue such as QB error 15203, while running QuickBooks.
Steps to eliminate QuickBooks error code 15203
Using several measures, you can terminate the QuickBooks error 15203. We have categorized the troubleshooting steps into automatic and manual methods. But before jumping into the mainstream troubleshooting, you must resolve the memory issues, set the Internet Explorer as a default browser, and install the correct Digital Signature.
Step 1: Check these Internet Explorer Settings
- Make sure to set the Internet Explorer as a default browser.
- Verify the date and time is correct in the system.
Step 2: Fix memory issues
Resolving the memory issues will help in eliminating the QuickBooks error code 15203. To begin with, you need to remove the memory that syncs with RAM. Further, restart your PC and verify if it resolves the error code 15203. For Windows 7 or Vista users, the memory diagnostic programs come pre-installed in their OS. You can navigate to the Memory section by clicking the Start icon, and subsequently, the system will instruct you to restart to initiate the memory test.
Step 3: Correctly Install Digital Signature
The correct installation of Digital Signature will eliminate the QuickBooks error 15203, and below we have provided, the right way to install them.
- Open the File Explorer from the bottom tab.
- Go to the C: Drive and right-click the file exe.
- Now you need to select Properties from the drop-down list.
- Here click Digital Signature and checkmark Intuit in the list of signature.
- Now open the Digital Signature details and click View.
- Choose the option Install Certificate.
- Keep following instructions and chose a positive response.
- Now close all QuickBooks windows and restart your PC.
- Verify if these steps resolve the QB error code 15203 and if it doesn’t, then proceed further.
Step 4: Resolve issues with third-party applications
The antivirus, malware protection, or other third-party applications can hamper the QB application operations, which becomes one of the reasons for QuickBooks error 15203. However, Intuit has designed the QuickBooks Desktop Repair tool to fix the issues due to third party applications. You can download this tool and keep upgrading the QuickBooks to the latest version.
Step 5: Update QuickBooks in Safe Mode
- Open your system in Safe Mode.
- Now download the QuickBooks update.
- After that, shut down the system and turn on in Normal Mode.
- If the error code 15203 still exists, then proceed to the next step.
Step 6: Run the .bat file
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Choose Open File Location and look for .bat file name.
- Right-click over it and click Run as an administrator.
- After the process completes, then reboot your PC to fix QuickBooks error 15203. If it still exists, then proceed to the manual and automatic repair procedure.
Step 7: Manual troubleshooting
- Firstly, reboot your PC.
- Log in as an admin.
- Now click Start icon, select All Programs > Accessories.
- Click System Tools> click Restore System.
- On the next window, click over Restore computer to the original state and click Next.
- Now choose the device that needs correction, and then select Restore Purpose.
- Click the Next option twice to confirm these settings.
- Henceforth, the restoration will begin, and after that, you can restart your PC to fix the error.
Step 8: Automatic troubleshooting
The first step is to download and install the QuickBooks error 15203 repair software package.
- Click Scan on the next window and let it complete.
- After that, you need to select Fix Errors.
- Finally, restart your computer.
The above mentioned steps are applicable for all versions of Windows OS.
Get Instant QuickBooks Support
After following all these steps, you will eliminate the QuickBooks error 15203. However, you might not need to complete all of them if it resolves during the initial stages. If you still face challenges to fix the issue, then you can contact our QuickBooks Help and support team. Our experts have handled this situation multiple times, and they can resolve it quickly. Contact us now and get free of all QuickBooks errors.