Does your QuickBooks Keep freezing and end up frustrating you whenever you are using it? Don’t worry you’ve got help. The QuickBooks freezing issue mostly occurs at the time of entering transactions. Multiple reasons can cause this issue such as your device running low on storage or if there’s any other issue with your PC. we’ll talk about all the possible causes of the QuickBooks Keeps Freezing issue later in the blog and then also mention how you can fix it by using various solutions.
In case, you don’t feel comfortable using these troubleshooting solutions and rather take help, then you can contact us on our QuickBooks Support helpline. Our skilled QuickBooks experts can fix any to all of your issues regarding the QB software in a jiffy.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Keep Freezing
Given below are the most common causes that can make your QuickBooks software unresponsive at times. Knowing the cause of the issue will make it easy for you to fix it and won’t need to follow all the troubleshooting methods. So, let’s get started:
- One of the primary reasons that can cause QuickBooks to freeze is your PC running out of space. There might be too many programs running in the background and consuming a lot of storage that can make your QB software unresponsive.
- If you haven’t updated your Windows for a while, there are chances that it can cause issues with QuickBooks.
- You have enabled User Account Control which is interfering with QB.
- Another reason that can cause the QuickBooks Keeps Freezing issues is corrupted QB files.
So, if you think you know what’s the problem with your QuickBooks after reading the above causes, you can directly work on its fix. If that doesn’t fix your issue, use the below troubleshooting methods and check if it works.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Keeps Freezing issue
Given below are some of the troubleshooting methods that you can use to fix your QuickBooks Keeps Freezing issue and make it work like before:
Method 1: Close Background Applications from Task Manager
The first method to fix QuickBooks keeps freezing issue is by clearing apps from the task manager to make some space on your PC. You can use the below steps to know how to clear applications from the task manager on your PC.
- Enter Task Manager on your Windows Search bar and open it.
- Now end all the running programs except QuickBooks. Make sure to not close the tasks starting with .qb, Intuit, or QuickBooks.
- After closing all the other programs, exit from Task Manager and try using your QB again.
You can also try restarting the QuickBooks program and then check if it is still freezing or not. If the issue persists, follow the next solution.
Method 2: Rename QuickBooks DDF and DAT Files
Renaming DAT and DDF files is the best solution you can perform in order to fix your “QuickBooks keeps freezing” problem. Use the below steps to know how to perform this task.
- Start with closing all the QuickBooks company files running on your PC.
- Now, navigate to the company directory and then rename the DAT file to OldUserPEef.DAT.
- The next step is to delete all the files with the DDF extensions.
- Now open your company file and then select OK.
- Lastly, you need to select the Print option to take a printout of your screen.
After following the above steps, relaunch your QuickBooks software and use it for a while. If your QuickBooks is still freezing or giving you a hard time, then continue with the solutions.
Method 3: Disable Tablet Input Service on Your PC
- To get started, Press Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Enter MSC in the dialog box and select OK.
- Double click the Tablet PC Input Service also named as Handwriting Panel Service or Touch Keyboard.
- Select stop the service to disable it.
- Again double-click Tablet Input Service and select Properties.
- Click Disable next to Startup type and then select OK.
- Close the dialog box and then relaunch QuickBooks.
Method 4: End QBW33.exe Process from Your Taskbar
- Open Task Manager and go to Processes tablet.
- Search for the EXE file from the list. You can click on the Image name to filter the list alphabetically.
- Click on the QBW33.EXE file and then select the End process to close it.
Method 5: Download and Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the official website of QuickBooks.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Before you run the install tool, make sure to end all other programs running on your Desktop first.
- Double click on the QB Install tool to run it and then wait for a while.
- Once the process is completed, restart your PC.
Method 6: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Using QB Clean Install
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run Dialog box.
- Now select Control Panel and then select OK.
- Select Programs and Features and then Uninstall a Program option.
- Navigate to QuickBooks and then select Uninstall/Change next to it.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish uninstalling your QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Now you need to download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to reinstall QB.
- Save the Clean Install Utility on your Desktop.
- Double click on it to launch it and then accept the license agreement.
- Choose the version of your QuickBooks and select Continue
- At last, click Ok to reinstall the QuickBooks program on your device.
Well, these were all the possible solutions for troubleshooting the QuickBooks Keeps Freezing issue. If you are still experiencing the same problem with your QB software, then you should consider talking to QuickBooks Technical Support experts. Only a QuickBooks professional can help you get to the root cause of your issue and then resolve it as soon as possible.
Moreover, if there’s anything else bothering you with QuickBooks besides this issue, then also you can contact our QuickBooks experts for help.