QuickBooks Error 12057 occurs at the time when you are updating your QuickBooks payroll. Many reasons can cause this QuickBooks payroll update error, which we’ll be discussing in the blog. QuickBooks Payroll can automate everything from depositing paychecks, managing taxes, and maintaining the details of all your employees’ pending salary and paid salary.
If you are in a hurry and want to get your QuickBooks Error 12057 fixed right away, the wise thing would be to contact QuickBooks Help experts for assistance. Otherwise, you can simply follow the troubleshooting steps in the blog to fix Error 12057 in QuickBooks.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 12057
As we’ve already mentioned, the Error 12057 QuickBooks occurs when updating QuickBooks Payroll. Now the question is, what causes this error? Given below are the top reason that can cause QuickBooks Error 12057 with your QB payroll:
- QuickBooks Payroll servers not responding
- QuickBooks can’t connect or fail to respond with the Intuit servers.
- Slow internet connection or no internet connection
- QuickBooks Server is taking longer than it should in responding.
- Third-party applications or antivirus/firewall blocking QuickBooks
- Faulty SSL configuration of Network
So, these are the common reasons that can cause QuickBooks Error Code 12057 on your QuickBooks Desktop program. If you are aware of any of the above causes, it would be wise to fix it first to resolve the error. Otherwise, you would need to follow the below troubleshooting steps one by one to fix the error.
Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 12057
Solution 1: Update Your PC and QuickBooks
- First of all, you need to close all the running QB company files and exit from QuickBooks.
- Now go to your PC setting and fetch the latest updates of your operating system.
- After installing any pending updates, restart your device.
- Launch QuickBooks and select the Help tab.
- Click on Update QuickBooks and then Options.
- Enable QuickBooks Automatic Updates and select the mark all option
- Click on Get Updates and then Update Now.
- Wait for a while until the updates are installed and then exit from QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Verify If the Date and Time Of Your PC Is Incorrect
Sometimes, QuickBooks Error 12057 can result from the wrong Date and Time set on your device. Check if the date or the time of your PC is not correct and change it if needed.
- Before correcting the time and date, you must exit from QuickBooks first.
- Right-click on the taskbar on data and time and select the Adjust Date/Time option from the list.
- Set the correct Date and Time and then relaunch QuickBooks.
- Try updating QuickBooks Payroll and see if the error persists.
Solution 3: Restore Advanced Connection Settings on QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error 12057 can also occur due to issues with your internet connection. To fix the error, you must check if your internet connection is up and running correctly. You can also try switching to another WiFi network. If the error continues, follow the steps given below:
- Launch QuickBooks on your device and go to the Help tab.
- Click on the Internet Connection Setup option and then select “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet.”
- Now select the Next button and click on Advanced Connection Settings.
- Under Internet Settings, click on the Advanced tab.
- Select the Restore Advanced Settings option.
- At last, you need to click on Apply and then OK to save the changes.
After you configure these internet settings on your QuickBooks, update your QB software and check if the QuickBooks Error 12057 is fixed.
Solution 4: Add QuickBooks to Your Firewall and Antivirus
Sometimes, the error can occur because your Firewall or Antivirus is blocking QuickBooks Payroll. To be sure about this, you can try disabling your Firewall and Antivirus and then check if the error is resolved.
If your QuickBooks is working absolutely fine after stopping the Windows firewall or Antivirus, you need to add QuickBooks’ desktop as an exception to it.
After adding QuickBooks Desktop as an exception on your system’s firewall and internet security, enable them again and check if you can use QuickBooks without error.
You can also get help from QuickBooks experts regarding this if you cannot do it on your own.
Solution 5: Install QuickBooks Manual Updates
The solution is valid for you if you are running multiple versions of QuickBooks on the same PC. In this case, you are required to update all the version of QuickBooks installed on your device manually one by one,
We hope you have successfully resolved QuickBooks Error 12057 by following these steps. However, if due to any reason you are still not able to access or use your QuickBooks without any error, then you should consider contacting QuickBooks Payroll Support for help.
There must be some underlying glitch either with your QuickBooks components or Windows that need to be fixed. By reaching out to our best experts, you can get your QuickBooks working like a pro again.