Since the passing years, QuickBooks has become the one-stop account managing software for small and medium-sized businesses. It usually helps business owners, accountants, and bookkeepers to handle their business with care and minimal mistakes. However, QuickBooks has to be functioning seamlessly but if it goes out of date, the application will not work smoothly. So, you might have attempted to update your QuickBooks payroll and if the payroll update did not complete successfully, you receive QuickBooks Error 15241. It can be so annoying as you couldn’t open your QuickBooks payroll due to this particular error. Fortunately, we have come up with a handy resolution method to solve this error from the root. Hence, stay tuned and keep reading the post till the toe.
What Does QuickBooks Error 15241 Mean?
QuickBooks Error 15241 is a payroll updating run-time error which is usually received with an error message. The statement that pops up on the screen during the payroll update is:
Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully.
Well, there could be numerous malicious factors leading to QuickBooks Update Error 15241. In general, it can be caused by a damaged Microsoft Windows Installer file or the corrupted installation of QuickBooks. QuickBooks payroll won’t function as per your expectation. Such an error is usually seen when the user installs or updates the payroll.
Similar Article:- Fix Error PS077 When QuickBooks Download Payroll Updates
Feasible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 15241
The most possible factors that result in the QuickBooks Error 15241 Windows 10 issue are listed underneath. Have a glance at once:
QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is probably not activated. This service is quite essential to be enabled for the smooth function of QB application and payroll software.
- The QuickBooks payroll downloaded file might have gone corrupted.
- Also, if the QuickBooks installation was not successfully done, the QuickBooks Error 15241 appears.
- When the Windows registry files get damaged or corrupted, then also the same error occurs.
- The Trojan/virus attack can be one such reason.
- When a couple of important QuickBooks files have been deleted mistakenly, it triggers the same error.
The error code 15241 can also be encountered if the anti-virus program is blocking access to the updated file.
Signs Of The Detection Of QuickBooks Error 15241
- The QuickBooks Error Code 15241 will display on your Windows PC while installing payroll updates.
- The currently running program will crash.
- Windows may run sluggishly and respond very slowly to the keyboard and mouse inputs.
- You will start receiving an update notification in QuickBooks Payroll.
- You will probably be unable to install the payroll update.
Continue Reading:- How Fix QuickBooks Error 1601? Get Help
Different Solving Methods To Quick-Fix QuickBooks Error 15241
The repairing procedures of the QuickBooks Update Error 15241 are fully dependent on the Windows version you are accessing. Below, we will walk you through all the desired steps to get rid of the error 152421 instantly. Thus, let’s give a glance at the provided instructions:
Method 1: Enable QuickBooks File Copy Service Manually
The steps involved in enabling the QuickBooks File Copy Service are different for all Windows 7/8/10/Vista users. Don’t worry! We are going to explain here separately one after another. Hence, implement the course of action as per the Windows Operating System (OS) you use. Let’s begin:
For Windows 7 & Windows Vista
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop software first if it is opened on your Windows.
- Now, give a click on the “Windows Start” button.
- Then, locate the “My Computer” option and give a right-click on it.
- Next, you have to select the “Manage” tab.
- After doing so, the “Computer Management” screen will open.
- Go to the “Services and Applications” tab present at the left side bottom and then select the “Services” option.
- The list of “Services” is being displayed on the screen.
- You have to slightly scroll down to view the “Intuit QuickBooks FCS” option. Once you see it, give a double-tap on it.
- After doing so, the “Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties” window will open.
- So, now in the next step, you need to click on the “General” tab and then click on the “Startup Type” drop-down arrow. From the listed menu, select the “Manual” tab.
- Afterward, you have to click on the “Apply” button.
- Select the “Start” option and then press the “OK” tab to save all the changes you made.
- Now, open QuickBooks Desktop software on your Windows PC.
- Again, attempt to download the updates released for the QuickBooks recently.
- Finally, update the payroll tax tables to check if the QuickBooks Error 15241 problem has been resolved or not.
For Windows 8 & 10 Users
- First and foremost, you have to end the current QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Now, you will see the Windows search field to the very bottom right side of the Start button
- Now, search for “This PC” and then right-click on it.
- Then, from the listed options, click on the “Manage” tab. OR
- You can even open the “File Explorer” tab.
- Then, from the left side of File Explorer, you will see the “This PC” tab.
- Just give a right-click on it and then click on the “Manage” option from the appeared menu.
- The “Computer Management” window will appear in the next pane.
- Now, click on the “Services” tab and then select the “Applications” option available at the bottom left side.
- Now, you will see the “Services” tab on the right side of the “Services and Applications” window. Just give a double-click on the “Services” option.
- After doing so, the list of Services will appear.
- Now, locate the “Intuit QuickBooks FCS” option and again double click on it.
- Then click the “General” tab and from the “Startup Type” drop-down arrow select the “Manual” tab.
- Now, click the “Apply” button.
- Select the “Start” option and then press “OK”.
- Now, open QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Again download the updates that are currently released for the latest version.
- Finally, update payroll tax tables to check if the QuickBooks Update Error 15241 gets disappeared.
Steps To Update Payroll Tax Tables
Here’s how to do so smartly and precisely:
- Go to the “Employees” tab and then click the “Get Payroll Updates” tab.
- Now, select the “Download entire payroll update” tab.
- Then, click on the “Update” button.
- When the download process begins, it will display a message, “A new tax table and/or updates to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your computer”.
- In the end, click on the “OK” tab.
Now, the payroll tax tables have been upgraded successfully on your QuickBooks and also the QuickBooks Error 15241 is resolved.
You May Also Like:- How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Error?
Method 2: Set up QuickBooks For Automatic Update
Adjust your QuickBooks to be updated manually. After doing so, whenever any updates are available will automatically be installed on your Windows. Here’s the process:
- Click on the “Help” tab and then select “Update QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Next, go to the “Options” tab.
- Click “Yes” to enable automatic updates.
- Click “Close” to end up the process.
Get Additional Support From Expert To Fix QuickBooks Error 15241
We just hope that this post has been effective for you in a way to rectify QuickBooks Error 15241. However, if the error code still persists, you can freely communicate with the QuickBooks payroll customer service team by dialing the 24×7 online support number. The certified and dedicated team is always ready to assist you in a cost-effective manner. It is 100% guaranteed that our team will fix your problematic error within a minute.