QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software with several exceptional features and functionalities. It allows dealing with inventory needs, payroll management, and many more financial errands. Like other software, it is also not free from the errors or glitches that can hamper your work. QuickBooks Error 1601 is one of the common errors yet glitches that you can come across irrespective of time. Mostly, it occurs installing and updating QuickBooks desktop version and can be sorted out easily by going through a few easy troubleshooting methodologies.
Common Reasons behind the Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 1601
Check-out the list of causes that lead to QuickBooks Error 1601 noted underneath:
- Damaged Microsoft Windows installer can also cause such kind of error.
- Damaged or improper installation of QuickBooks Desktop software on your computer system.
- Problems with Microsoft Windows installer are taking place as the main reason behind it.
- Completely unable to install or update QuickBooks as an active Windows user doesn’t have the permissions to do so.
- Incorrect Firewall settings can be one of the main reasons behind the arrival of such an error.
- Maybe you are making use of outdated QuickBooks software on your PC.
- Corrupted set up sources of the QuickBooks installation.
- Windows not updated and wrong system configuration settings can lead your software to show this error.
- A virus or malware attack can also cause such error with this accounting software.
- However, the list of possible reasons can be endless…
To get rid of such kind of error, you should first determine the main reasons causing this QuickBooks error. Once you find it out, you can easily handle it with care and get a suitable solution. So, you need to go through the following troubleshooting instructions to get rid of it in no time.
Efficacious Fixing Methods of QuickBooks Error 1601
There are some operative troubleshooting remedies through which the needy users can easily resolve error code 1601 QuickBooks permanently. Simply implement the below directions and you can have a suitable solution within the least time frame.
Method 1: Disable And Then Enable Windows Installer
The first troubleshooting methodology is to disable the Windows installer and then, you have to enable it through the following guidelines:
- First of all, you need to click on the Start button using your keyboard on your PC and find out the command prompt.
- In the search window of the command prompt, you should enter the ‘msc’ and then press the enter button.
- In addition to this, you will need to opt for the ‘SERVICES (LOCAL)’ option and then opt for the ‘Windows Installer’ option and then go to the ‘Properties’.
- Apart from that, you have to check if the ‘Disable’ option appears in the properties section. What you need to do is to opt for the ‘Manual’ option.
- In the next step, you will need to click on the ‘Service Status’ option and then tap on the ‘Start’ option to enable the Windows installer.
By following the above guidelines, you will be able to get the one-stop solution for error 1601 QuickBooks if caused by the Windows installer. However, a couple of more solutions are discussed below that you need to go through if the above one is not able to provide you a suitable solution.
Method 2: Check and Register Windows Installer
Consider checking and registering windows installer will help you to resolve QuickBooks Error 1601 without any inconvenience. All you need to do is to follow these steps carefully:
On your very first step, you should go to the run windows by pressing Windows key + R key simultaneously through your keyboard. Alternatively, you can press the start button to open the command prompt.
- Hereafter, you should type ‘exe/unreg’ in the command prompt and then click on the ‘OK’ option.
- Now, you will need to select the ‘OK’ option once a pop-up dialog box appears on your computer screen with a message asking for confirmation.
- In the next step, you should again press the Windows key + R key at the same time to reopen the command prompt.
- In the search box of the Command prompt, you will need to type ‘exe/regserver and then press the enter button.
- Now, you should click on the ‘OK’ option again once the confirmation message takes place on your computer screen.
By going through these steps, you will be able to register the windows installer again. On the other hand, you have to check if QuickBooks error is still occurring. However, you can also consider updating your Windows installer.
Method 3: Make Proper Utilization Of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Check out the below guidelines that will help you out by making use of the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool as it will help you out in resolving such an error:
- On your very first step, you should start the system again.
- In the next step, you will have to sign in as Administrator.
- Hereafter, you need to launch your browser on your computer system.
- Now, you should search for QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and once you find it out, just click on the installation link.
- However, you will also need to save the file in a local folder on your computer.
- Moving to the further step is to consider double-clicking on the QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe file after closing the background application.
- Then, you have to click on the ‘Run’ option and you will be able to start a scanning procedure.
In this way, you will be able to repair all the issues effectively. What you need to do is to check if the QuickBooks update error 1601 is still taking place. If so, you should immediately opt for another troubleshooting methodology for resolution.
Method 4: Uninstall and Then Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Here are some necessary instructions that you need to go through if you are looking forward to uninstalling and then re-installing QuickBooks desktop version:
- Consider uninstalling your QuickBooks desktop software will be your first step to resolve your problems.
- In the next step, you need to go through the folder in which your QuickBooks company files are stored.
- Once you find out the folder that you are looking for, you should opt for the ‘Rename’ option by right-clicking on it.
- Apart from that, you will have to add an old extension while changing the name of that folder.
- In this way, you will be able to reinstall the QuickBooks desktop software.
Reinstalling this software one more time will help you out in every possible manner by fixing your problems.
Method 5: Consider Getting Windows Update
Having update for your windows will get you a real-time solution to your error. For that, you will need to go through the below steps carefully:
- On your very first step, you will need to press the Windows key using keyword on your PC.
- Once you click on it, you will come across a small window where you need to type Windows Update.
- Here, you need to opt for Check for Updates by clicking on it and you will be able to download the Windows Updates.
If you are not getting solution, you should try using another troubleshooting methodology. Moreover, you have to check for the updates and if you find it available, you should quickly update it and check if the QuickBooks Error 1601 occurs again & again.
Consider Taking QuickBooks Desktop Help If Unable To Fix Such Errors
By going through the above troubleshooting methods and approaches, you will get rid of the whole host of such errors completely from the root. Besides, if you are still running into such errors, you should try another way to get the required solution. In such a critical situation, you will have to get in touch with our techies. Here, they will provide you with the right assistance and necessary instructions to fix your errors with ease. What you need to do is to implement the instructions that the QuickBooks experts provided to get your hurdles sorted out easily. So, what are you waiting for? Whenever you encounter any issue with your QuickBooks software, you should take QuickBooks Desktop Help as quickly as possible.
On the other hand, if you are looking forward to getting more information or additional assistance regarding the same, you should have a look at our website right now. Here, you will get to know the latest updates and various other essential details about QuickBooks software.