QuickBooks tops the list of the most used accounting softwares for small and medium-scale businesses. To understand it well, you must know about its license information. It’s important to know how to find QuickBooks license number. In QuickBooks Desktop, the license number can be found by opening the application and pressing the F2 key. QuickBooks Online doesn’t come with a license number but a company ID. If you cannot locate the license number in QuickBooks, there are many other ways to find it. These include looking for it in the confirmation email, product sticker, and installation Disk. In this article, you’ll find more details on these methods.
A Simple Way to Find QuickBooks License Number
Here is where to find QuickBooks license number in QuickBooks Desktop versions, QuickBooks Basic, Enhanced Payroll for Desktop, and QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
Users of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise can follow these points to find the license number, version, product number, and release.
- Move to QuickBooks Desktop and hit the F2 key.
- In the ‘Product Information’ window, find your product name, number, and license number.
- Find your QuickBooks release version at the product name’s end.
- If you purchased a digital QuickBooks Desktop version from Intuit website, look at the purchase confirmation mail for product info.
- In the ‘Version Used on File’ section, find your QuickBooks version.
- It has the earliest version on top, followed by the latest one at the bottom.
POINT TO NOTE- You needn’t worry if you’ve registered your QuickBooks product. The product and license key numbers are always available online on the ‘Your Account Management Portal (CAMPS).’
Also Read: Register or Activate QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Basic and Enhanced Payroll
Here are the steps to retrieve QuickBooks license number along with other information in these QuickBooks Desktop versions.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, head to the ‘Employees’ menu.
- Choose ‘Payroll Center.’
- Now choose the ‘Payroll’ tab.
- In the ‘Subscription Statuses’ window, locate your QuickBooks version.
QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
Find QuickBooks license number in QB Desktop for Mac by going to the ‘Help’ menu. Choose ‘Product Information.’ You will see the needed information.
Other Ways to Find QuickBooks Product Key and License Number
The QuickBooks license key is essential if you are relocating your data to a different computer. Illegal product keys can result in legal actions. Here are other methods to find QuickBooks product key easily.
Find the license number in the registry
When you purchase QuickBooks Desktop online, you’ll get an email with a code. If you find it offline, the installation CD will have the code. However, if you misplace it, you can still recover QuickBooks license key with the Windows registry.
Here are the steps to find the license number here.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop by double-tapping on its icon on your system.
- When it begins, use the F2 key to open the Product Information page.
- Now, access the Tech Help section using the F3 key.
- On this page, hit the ‘Open File’ tab.
- Browse the list of files till you locate the QBRegistration.dat file.
- Open this file by double-tapping it.
- If you cannot open it, right-tap it.
- From the option, choose ‘Open’ followed by ‘Notepad.’
- Now, find QuickBooks license number by hitting the Ctrl and F keys simultaneously.
- Tap the Enter key to find the license number.
- This number will be there in the file beside the text that’s highlighted.
- Copy the key from this page and use it to register QuickBooks.
- Thus, using these steps, you can find the validation code easily in the registry.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 3371
Where to Find QuickBooks License Number on the product sticker
If you’ve misplaced the license number but have the product sticker of the QuickBooks CD, you don’t need to worry. It is easy to retrieve QuickBooks license number because the physical copy of QuickBooks has it on the sticker.
Just look for the bright yellow sticker on the CD packaging. Here you will find the license number and product key written in bold.
Reinstall QuickBooks to find QuickBooks license number
If you have the QuickBooks installation CD, use it to reinstall the software and find the license number. Ensure that you have something to note down the license number that will be seen on the window once you reinstall QuickBooks.
What If You Still Cannot Find QuickBooks License Number?
Have you been unable to find the license number till now? You must go to the QuickBooks Look Up page to get them. This is for those who haven’t registered their product. If there, too, you cannot find it, a customer service contact will be assigned for further help.
Here are some other things to do if you are unable to recover QuickBooks license key.
- Login to your account and try finding the product information. It is for those who cannot find the number as per their phone number on the QuickBooks Look Up page.
- If you cannot sign in, choose the ‘Contact Us’ connection.
- Select the product you are employing to call the correct number.
- Ensure that you have evidence of the software purchase with you before dialing customer service.
- You can call the customer service executive if you’ve purchased QuickBooks before.
- To locate your order, go to the ‘Order Status’ page.
- You need to have proof if you’ve bought the software from a local retailer.
- Along with the evidence, ensure to have the following details.
- The UPC barcode
- The software CD’s front part
- Receipt of the sale
- A CD holder
Also Read: Stuck with Quickbooks Registration Error
Find QuickBooks License Number and Reinstall the Software Easily
The license number will help you whenever you are upgrading to a new computer. This information is also useful if you are restructuring and reinstalling the program. That’s why it’s crucial to save this information somewhere safe. Fortunately, there are various methods to find the license number. If you have any doubts regarding any of the processes explained above, connect with a QuickBooks support service.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to find QuickBooks license number in QuickBooks Online?
There is no license number in QuickBooks Online. It has a Company ID or CoID.
- Tap the gear icon and choose ‘Account & Settings.’
- Choose ‘Billing & Subscription.’
- Here you can find the company ID.
- How does QuickBooks keep a license?
The licensing information for your purchased copy is there in a file with the .qbl extension. This QuickBooks license file is in the local system after QuickBooks installation.
Today, instead of the QBL file format, the QBRegistration.dat file is used for product information. It gets populated with data from your confirmation email, DVD, or through any other purchasing methods. You can open it through Windows Notepad, Notepad++, Apple TextEdit, or any other text editor.
2. How to find the number of QuickBooks licenses I have?
QuickBooks Desktop Premier permits five users, and Pro permits three users to work concurrently in a company file. If you need more licenses, you can purchase QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions. To find the number of user licenses, use these steps.
- Hit F2 in QuickBooks.
- The Product Information window will open.
- You will find the number for ‘User Licenses’ at the upper-left.
- Repeat these steps for every installation of QuickBooks.
3. When does the QuickBooks license expire?
It is easy to find if your QuickBooks license has expired. Just find the renewal date of the product.
- If using the QuickBooks Online app, go to ‘More Options’ and choose ‘Settings.’
- From here, choose ‘Subscription.’
- The renewal date will appear.
- If you use QuickBooks Online on the web, access ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Account and settings.’
- Now, select ‘Billing and subscription’ to see the renewal date and subscription status.