Getting a QuickBooks registration error when activating QuickBooks desktop? It’s a common issue that appears for several reasons. It can be an incorrect QuickBooks registration validation code or a windows firewall issue. When the issue appears, the user cannot register the QuickBooks product. If you’re facing the same issue, you’re at the right place.
Here we have covered it all. So if you don’t you know how to deal with and fix the error? No worries! Here, in this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the error. Besides that, you can also read about its causes and escape it in the future.
Find What Is Causing the Quickbooks Registration Problem?
Do you get a message saying “QuickBooks registration error ” or “QuickBooks registration is not working.” then, it’s a common error that occurred due to an incorrect license number. But, if it says:
- “We’re sorry, but your activation was interrupted”
- “The validation code is incorrect”
- “This service is temporarily unavailable”
Then, the condition is critical and requires additional solutions. However, let’s first learn what are the causes that the QuickBooks registration validation code is not working:
- Internet connectivity issue: The QuickBooks registration process requires an active and stable internet connection. Therefore, if your internet is down, an error may occur.
- Firewall blocking QuickBooks: Sometimes, the firewall program blocks websites for some reason. Hence, you need to check if QuickBooks is blocked by this program.
- Incorrect time and date settings on your system can also trigger a registration error in QuickBooks.
- Missing Microsoft XML component or an issue with it.
- Along with that, check for the license number and product code. If it’s incorrect. It will create an issue in QuickBooks registration.
- Using a discontinued version of QuickBooks: If you’re using a QuickBooks version that is or has been discontinued by QuickBooks; the registration error will occur.
Key Factors to Consider Before Activating Quickbooks Desktop
These are a couple of vital points. Please keep these in mind before activating the desktop.
- Close all the QuickBooks windows and background programs.
- Reset the time and date on your windows if not correct.
- Re-check the product code and license number details.
- Access QuickBooks as an admin to activate the QuickBooks desktop.
Quickbooks Registration Error With These Three Methods
In this section, we’ll discuss the solution. You’ll learn how to resolve QuickBooks Registration Errors in different ways. But, please make sure your system and the QuickBooks application are up-to-date.
Solution 1: Configure The Windows Firewall
The steps here will help you configure the windows firewall. It will help you determine the Quickbooks registration problem and resolve it.
- On your desktop, tap on the windows icon.
- Now, either search or enter the windows firewall on the search bar.
- Next, tap on the windows firewall icon from the list of programs.
- After that, click on Advanced Settings.
- Right-tap the Inbound Rules.
- Choose New Rule.
- After that, tap on Port and click Next.
- From here, confirm that TCP is selected.
- Click Next.
- Choose Allow the Connections and click Next.
- Do not forget to select all the profiles shown on the prompt window.
- Tap Next.
- Enter a name for the rule and then click Finish.
- At last, register a QuickBooks product again.
Note: However, if you are using a third-party firewall or antivirus application; you may have to change the settings to allow access to the internet connection.
Solution 2: Change User Account Type
An error like the QuickBooks registration error may also occur if admin rights are not given. Therefore, open the User account control settings and assign admin rights to the user account.
- Tap on the Windows icon.
- Then, move to the Settings.
- Now, select the Control panel from the options.
- Thereafter, on the left panel, click the Family & Other users options.
- Now, choose the user account to assign admin rights.
- Tap on the option Change Account type.
- Then, select Administrator from the Account Type section.
- At last, tap on Change Account type to confirm.
Once done, log in to your QuickBooks account and try to register again.
Solution 3: Manually Remove Entitlement File
The entitlement file tells QuickBooks that your product is valid and registered. However, when you attempt to activate the desktop, it may cause you an error. Hence, you need to delete the entitlement file manually to fix the error:
- Press windows+ R to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and hit the enter button.
- If the folder doesn’t open yet:
- enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.
- Locate EntitlementDataStore.ecml.
- Right-click on it and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Now, open QuickBooks and company files.
- Follow instructions on the screen and register Quickbooks again.
Solution 4: Install And Run Quickbooks File Doctor
At last, if nothing helps you fix the error, run QuickBooks file doctor. Thus, to download and install it on your system, read the instructions below:
- First, download the Quickbooks Tools Hub:
- Visit intuit’s official website.
- Select the download file (compatible with your system) 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Now, press the Ctrl + J keys to open the download folder.
- Then, tap twice on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- After that, tap Yes and accept the license agreement.
- Now, tap Next.
- Tap on the install option.
- Follow the instructions shown on the screen to install the QB tools hubs.
- Click Finish to end the process.
- Tap twice on the QuickBooks tools Hub icon to launch it.
TIP: if you can’t find the Quickbooks tool hubs icon: Go to the windows search bar >>type Quickbooks Tool’s hub.
- As soon as the tool launches, select the Company file issues.
- Then select the option “Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.”
Read Next- QuickBooks Enterprise Installation Support
Hoping that these solutions help you to fix the QuickBooks registration error without any hassle. The solutions are easy and don’t require any technical expertise. But, if you get stuck or need any other help, get in touch with a technician by giving us a call. Further, you can email us your query or get assistance in chat also.