QuickBooks Payroll is an amazing feature of QuickBooks that needs regular updates to get smooth processing. But sometimes, while updating the QuickBooks Payroll many technical errors occur. The QuickBooks error 30159 is a payroll error that appears due to improper file setup on the Windows OS that is used to upgrade the QuickBooks Payroll service. There are numerous different explanations behind the error, which you get to be aware of in this informative blog. You will also gain the steps for fixing the error and get back to our work.
You may also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6123?
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 30159?
As we all know, the error 30159 is an update error that occurs after updating the payroll. After going in deep to find the causes we have listed some other reasons that lead you to QuickBooks error 30159. These are:
- When the product is not updated to the latest release.
- When you have an inactive payroll subscription.
- Damage to the data can also be the primary reason.
- Incorrect Service key.
- Due to the damaged QuickBooks Desktop file – paysub.ini
- Your Windows working framework isn’t viable with the ongoing QuickBooks Desktop variant.
- When the Employer Identification Number (EIN) is incorrect in the company file.
- QuickBooks Desktop service keys display “Invalid EIN or number”.
- When using multiple Active Payroll Agreements with the nonfunctioning Direct Deposit agreement.
These are the significant causes for the QuickBooks Payroll error code 30159. Now, we are going to fix it with the troubleshooting methods.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 30159?
Whenever you get the QuickBooks update error 30159, you can go with the following solutions and perform your payroll activities again on QuickBooks. Following are the solutions:
Solution 1: Download QuickBooks Desktop Update and Newest Payroll Tax Table
When the QuickBooks desktop application is not updated with the latest release and also not using the payroll’s newest tax table you can face the QuickBooks error 30159. So download the QuickBooks latest update and latest payroll tax table with the following steps:
Download QuickBooks Desktop Update
- In the initial step, close the QuickBooks application and the company files.
- Secondly, go to and access the Windows Start menu.
- Now, browse and right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose the Run as Administrator option.
- At the point when the No Company Open window shows up, pick the Help menu followed by the Update QuickBooks Desktop choice.
- In the next step, choose the Options tab and choose Mark All options and click on Save.
- From that point onward, head towards the Update Now tab and pick the Reset Update checkbox.
- In the last step, select Get Update to update the QuickBooks Desktop with the most recent update.
After getting the QuickBooks Desktop with the latest update, now it’s time to update the Payroll with the latest tax table to fix the QuickBooks error 30159.
Download Latest Payroll Tax Table
- Firstly, open QuickBooks and go to the Employees tab.
- Then, choose Get Payroll Updates.
- Now, pick the checkbox of Download Entire Update.
- After that, choose Download Latest Update of tax table.
- At last, a conformational window will appears on the screen when the updates download finishes.
If the error still continues after following the above solution, then we have another solution for you.
Solution 2: Repair or Remove Paysub.ini File
As we discussed above in the reason section that the QuickBooks error so we can repair the paysub.ini file with the QuickBooks Error 30159 Repair Tool or also remove the file. As QuickBooks doesn’t permit the users to use several paysub.ini files. So rename the file or can delete some paysub.ini files with the following steps.
Repair Paysub.ini File
To fix the QuickBooks error 30159 by repairing the paysub.ini.
- Download the QuickBooks Repair Tool or QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, choose the Company File Issue tab to use the File Repair Tool (File Doctor Tool).
- After that choose the paysub.ini file.
- Now, a scan will detect the file.
- After the scan is finished, click on the Fix Error button to get the error settled.
- When the error is fixed, restart your computer.
If the error 30159 doesn’t fix by repairing the paysub.ini then, it is right to delete the file for resolving the error.
Remove Paysub.ini File
Sometimes, repairing the paysub.ini file doesn’t help then remove the paysub.ini file with the following steps:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Now, open the File Explorer and enable Display Hidden Files and Folders option.
- After that, from the Search Filed, type and search the Paysub.ini file.
- In the next step, select the files with the paysub.ini name and click right on the files and choose the Delete option.
- Your files will be deleted and now open the QuickBooks Desktop.
You can also Rename the Files before deleting them to fix the QuickBooks error 30159. When you find the paysub.ini files.
- Choose the paysub.ini file and right-click on it and choose Rename option.
- Now, repeat the same steps with each paysub.ini file.
Solution 3: Add ENI to Company File
When the EIN is invalid in the company file, QuickBooks error 30159 errors simultaneously. So to fix the error, add the ENI to the company file with the following steps:
- In the first, Sign in to QuickBooks as a System Admin.
- Then, click on the “Choose Payroll option”.
- Afterward, pick “Use my Existing Payroll Services”.
- Now, the Account Maintenance window will open on the screen.
- Click the “Add File” option.
- Here, mark the “Add EIN Number” button.
Note: If the button is disabled, then the EIN is already subscribed by the user for the company.
- Thereafter, click the Next
- In the last, examine the information and access the QuickBooks Desktop.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1723?
We know the QuickBooks error 30159 is a complicated error that occurs in QuickBooks Desktop payroll. But we hope, know we know to troubleshoot the error code 30159 effortlessly. If however, the error 30159 continues, then you must look for help from our QuickBooks Experts by dialing +1-520-463-7633. Our affirmed Advisors will help with your concerns.