When it comes to the easy handling business financial part the first software that comes to mind is- QuickBooks. It is the perfect software package that can manage the financial chores of small and medium-sized businesses. The software has so many users globally because of its advance and easy-to-use features. But sometimes dues to some changes or issue error cause in the software that can hamper your work. One of the daunting errors is– QuickBooks Error 7149. If you are facing the same error then don’t worry, we are here to help you.
Read further to get the easy troubleshooting steps to rectify the error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 7149:
Several causes may make your QuickBooks stop its work.
- Corrupt or incomplete installation: Sometimes it happens that QuickBooks software doesn’t get installed properly. This makes your computer from copying complete program files that are required to run QuickBooks. Though, QuickBooks stop working properly.
- Corruption in Windows Registry Keys: QuickBooks software also stops working when the windows registry key of your computer got corrupt. And this change or issue may cause some recent install or modification of QB.
- Virus and Infections in QB: If your QB software is found to be infected with any internet threat then this also causes error 7149 in QuickBooks. Therefore, experts advise users to protect their computers and all the software protected with a reliable antivirus.
- Other Causes: Sometimes antivirus software also causes hanging or can interfere in the working of QuickBooks. For this, you may have to disable your antivirus or firewall to rectify the error 7149 in QuickBooks.
- System-specific issues: Every system or device is different, and if your system is not compatible with QB (that doesn’t happen usually), these issues need professional help.
Read More:- How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1772?
After knowing about the possible cause of the error, we should move to the troubleshooting steps.
How to resolve error 7149 in QuickBooks?
Now you know the reasons for the error, have a look at how to solve QuickBooks Error code 7149.
Method 1: Reinstall QuickBooks
Open the Control Panel of your computer and click on Add or Remove Programs. You can also search for the same in Start Menu.
- Now look for the QuickBooks, take your cursor there, and right-click on it.
- Click on Repair (if you want to repair it) and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you want to uninstall the QB then click on the uninstall tab and reinstall it.
- Now restart your computer and try to open it.
Method 2: Correct Windows Registry Key
If you are not aware of the steps to do this, then take the help of professionals. Doing this without any technical knowledge is highly risky. So, it is better to take the right guidance under the supervision of an expert.
Method 3: Remove Malware:
Using your antivirus software, run a complete scan to detect if there is any virus that causing a 7147 error. If there is any virus or other internet threat it will be detected by the antivirus and it will remove it as well.
Now turn off your PC and restart it. Open the QuickBooks again to see if it is fine or not.
Check This Also:- How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3007?
Method 4: Disable Antivirus for some time:
If you find that your antivirus is stopping your QuickBooks’ working, then immediately disable your antivirus software. QuickBooks should be able to open normally after performing the step.
Another way to take your computer out of this situation is to reboot your computer and run it in safe mode. Then try opening it or you can update it as well.
Get Further Help to Remove QuickBooks Error 7149
By following the above steps, you can rectify the QuickBooks Error 7149. But In case you find yourself unable of doing such, then try calling QuickBooks Helpdesk Number to get the help straightaway from the experts. Through this way surely your QB will start performing normally.