Do you lose track of changes made in your QuickBooks data file? Then, let us tell you that you are not facing this problem alone. Monitor the changes made by all the users in real-time using Audit Trail reports in QuickBooks. How? Let’s check it out.
Tracking all the transactions in the QuickBooks data file is a tough nut to crack especially when the data files storing transactions are used by multiple QuickBooks users. Therefore, QuickBooks has launched a new feature to enable users to see the record of changes made in the file. Audit Trail reports in QuickBooks allows continuous monitoring of data. So, you never lose any transactions.
The article given below summarizes all you need to know about Audit Trail reports in QuickBooks. In case you find any difficulty while reading the blog or implementing the audit trail report in QuickBooks enterprise solution, get in touch with the QuickBooks enterprise support instantly.
Let’s get started!
Guide to Enable QuickBooks Audit Trail
Follow the steps enlisted below one by one to enable the QuickBooks Audit Trail feature in your QuickBooks Enterprise Account.
- First, go to the ‘Edit’ menu and click on the ‘Preferences’ option. This will open a new tab will open on your screen.
- Next, change your accounting preferences from the bar shown on the left, indicating the changes you wish to make.
- Next, click on the second tab ‘Company Preferences’.
- Now, Click on the ‘Set as Default’ button followed by clicking on the ‘OK’ button.
- This step will call QB for using the ‘Audit Trail’.
This will start the Audit trail and QuickBooks will start recording all the changes made by the users in the accounting file.
To generate an Audit Trail report, the easiest way is to go to the Reports menu’s Accountant and Taxes command and click on the Audit Trail command given in the submenu.
Guide to Customize Audit Trail Reports in QuickBooks
Under this section, the user is provided with the facility to enter the date range for which the report is required, and days entered/last modified filter. In the second part, the user needs to enter the date when the transaction was made or when the transaction was last modified as written in the software and then click OK.
Users can also view the deleted transactions on the right side of the window.
As the name suggests, filters are given to increase the search speed and helps in finding the transaction easily. This feature includes various filters like name, amount, account, customer job, vendor, and more.
To apply any of these filters, the user can choose from the list of options given in the section, enter the values required in the middle column and apply the filter. The user will see the applied filter under the last column ‘Current filter choices’
User can also remove the applied filter by clicking on the ‘Remove selected filter’ button.
This option helps in designing the report as per your requirement. You can change the header and footer of the report, include the company name in a different font or color or change its orientation. There are many options to structure the report. You can choose any to make your report look good and easy to understand.
A report is of no good if it is not easily understandable. Using this option, users can format and design their report as they want. They can include graphs, tables etc., to make it much more useful. Users can use the default settings or they can change the settings.
If you wish to change the settings, Go to ‘Edit’ and click on ‘Preferences’. From there, click on Reports and graphs > company preferences > format.
Need of Audit Trail Reports in QuickBooks
Following are some of the important reasons why Audit trail reports are widely popular among users.
- It becomes easy to train newbies: Employees new to QuickBooks can learn how to use the software easily and comparatively faster as they can follow the steps followed by their superiors by tracking their actions using audit trail reports.
- Tracking of transactions: When multiple users access the same data file, it becomes easier to keep a track of all the actions users perform. In other words, a record is kept which clearly indicates who made what changes in the data file, giving complete control over the transactions stored in the data file (QuickBooks company file).
- Easier reconciliation of transactions: Continuous tracking of changes made in the transactions help in finding the discrepancies that might occur n the bank statement and the reports stored in QuickBooks.
The article above gives a deep insight into the usage of Audit trail reports in QuickBooks along with its benefits and proper functioning. If this feature interests you and you wish to implement it in your system, our QuickBooks Technical Support team can help you. We are available 24*7 to serve users with all the facilities that QuickBooks provides to ease their work. Connect now if you need any assistance related to QuickBooks.