If you want many people to have access to the QuickBooks data file, you should enable the QuickBooks Audit Trail report option. You can keep track of who makes what modifications to the QuickBooks data file with the Audit Trail tool.
The QuickBooks Audit trail report function in QuickBooks keeps track of all the modifications you’ve made to your QuickBooks company file. You may keep a permanent record of who makes changes in QuickBooks by using an audit trail. To do so, go through the procedures to enable the QuickBooks audit trail option.
If more than one person is modifying information in QuickBooks, or if several users are working with the QuickBooks data file, the Use Audit Trail check box should be selected. It’s worth noting that utilizing the Audit Trail slows down QuickBooks. However, you receive a permanent record of who is doing what in QuickBooks for this drop in performance.
How to enable QuickBooks Audit trail?
Follow these steps to enable the QuickBooks Audit Trail report feature:
- Select Preferences from the Edit menu.
- The Preferences dialogue box appears in QuickBooks.
- In the business data file, indicate that you wish to modify an accounting choice.
- Select the accounting set of preferences from the icon bar on the left edge of the Preferences dialogue box to indicate that you wish to utilize them. After that, navigate to the Company Preferences tab.
- Choose whether or not to utilize an audit trail.
Select the Utilize QuickBooks Audit trail report check box and click OK to advise QuickBooks that you wish to use an audit trail. From that point onward, QuickBooks maintains track of which users have accessed the software.
Benefits of enabling QuickBooks Audit trail Report
QuickBooks is a useful tool for controlling duties such as reviewing bills, making adjustments to bills or invoices, and managing vendor accounts. The QuickBooks Audit trail report may be used to do all of these tasks. QuickBooks is specifically intended to allow many people to view the same data file by utilizing the QuickBooks Audit trail report feature. We’ve had several instances when we’ve misplaced a transaction and are unable to retrieve it.
Customization of QuickBooks audit trail Report
Display: The user can choose from a variety of options under the view option. Filter the report’s date range and latest updated/entered days. The days entered/last altered option should not lead the user astray since the user must choose the day on which the transaction was amended or entered in the date range. On the right side, the user would also be able to see the deleted transactions.
Header/Footer: This option allows you to change the report’s header and footer quality. Changing these pieces is a simple procedure. The viewer can also look at the image that is linked to it.
This option allows us to alter the QuickBooks Audit trail report’s appearance. If you don’t wish to change the report, simply follow the procedures below:
- To begin, click to Edit and then Preferences.
- Select Reports and Graphs > Company Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Selecting the Format is necessary here.
- Finally, choose the ‘default report settings.
Fonts/Numbers: This option allows the user to customize the report’s look. If you don’t want to alter anything, go to edit > Preferences > Reports and graphs > business preferences > format and use the default report options.
What do we need to do in QuickBooks to turn off the audit trail?
- The steps to switch off an audit trail are as follows:
- The first step is to open QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
- Then look for the Utility option and choose it from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Range of Dates section and check all the boxes.
- Finally, begin the cleanup.
How can you get rid of an audit trail?
These brief questions will guarantee that your problems are kept at bay in times of trouble. You may delete the QuickBooks Audit trail report by following the procedures shown below.
- First and foremost, you must select the File Menu.
- Hover your mouse over the utility tab.
- Select Condense Data Condense from the drop-down menu.
- Then, from the Condense your business file window, you may opt to maintain all needed transactions except the audit trail.
- Finally, pick Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
How Can Audit Trails Be Used to Allow Multiple Users Access?
Allow multi-user access to a data file by enabling QuickBooks Audit Trail settings. The audit trail enables you to keep track of all current and previous changes to the QuickBooks data file. This capability is useful for numerous users who are working on the same firm file. To activate Audit Trails in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- To begin, go to the Edit menu preference command.
- The preferences window will appear.
We expect to discover how to apply audit trail reports in QuickBooks enterprise solutions in this article’s medium. And how to deal with problems that arise as a result of it. We hope you can now use it without difficulty; but, if the problem persists, you may contact one of our QuickBooks technical support experts, who are here to help you 24/7/365. They have over 10 years of expertise and are quite professional.