QuickBooks is one of the outstanding accounting software packages launched by Intuit in the year 1983. It is a friendly application widely been used by small businesses for managing accounting and financial tasks. The QuickBooks error 1328 come up with a message “Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PT9C6.tmp. System error”. To fix the error 1328 code automatically, you can use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. The highly experienced and well-qualified professionals are working only for you to make the problem sorted out within a pinch. So, here you go with the QuickBooks technical support for resolving your QuickBooks error issue in a handy way.
Signs of Error 1328 Code in QuickBooks
You may identify the QuickBooks update error 1328 with a message. But there are other signs of error 1328 that can help you understand if the message does not appear.
- You cannot update the QuickBooks easily.
- You can not install or reinstall the Quickbooks setup.
- Quickbooks repairing methods do not work out.
- Quickbook is damaged or not performing as expected.
- You get the error 1328 message prompted on your system screen.
- Windows start performing low or drop frequently.
- It doesn’t respond quickly and delays processing.
Causes of Getting QuickBooks Error 1328
QuickBooks users experience 1328 error codes due to the following reasons:
- Due to using a license number that is not compatible with the version of QuickBooks you have been installed on your Windows
- In case, some important Windows system files are infected with viruses and malware, the following error code may appear
- If the QuickBooks setup file is not completely downloaded or the downloaded file is corrupt
- Due to improper installation of the setup file
Resolve Error 1328 occurs when Updating Point of Sale v18 and v12 to the latest release (r4 and r14)
Apart from the issue with license number or window system file, updating Point of sale v18 and v12 to the latest version can also cause the QuickBooks update error 1328 to occur.
How would you identify that?
Case 1: If you receive an error message while upgrading Quickbooks, ”error 132 followed by error 2350 : FDI host”, the issue is related to the point of sale v18 and v12.
Case 2: Further, the error may also appear when you update Quickbooks to the latest release of “QuickBooks Point of Sale V18 or V12” but it failed to install the updates and a message received says:
“Microsoft Install Error: Error, 1328. C:\Config.Msi\PTFB53.tmp.” It’s probably been updated by other methods, and it can no longer be modified by this patch”
This error is also identified as an FDI server error. It occurs when the update installer receives a file other than the version it is working on. Though you can resolve the error by ignoring it, if it starts bothering you, we will recommend you to resolve the issue for smooth functioning.
READ ALSO- QuickBooks Error Code 404 – Efficacious Ways to Fix it
Troubleshooting Steps to Eliminate QuickBooks Update Error 1328
Follow the below provided steps carefully one by one and try to eradicate the error code 1328 from the root. Have a glance at the noted points at once:
Step 1: Update Your Windows
Updating your Windows to the latest update available will remain to update Windows components that QuickBooks needs to function correctly like MSXML, Microsoft .Net Framework, and C++. Here is the step to update Windows, just follow them:
- First, press the Windows key on your keyboard or click on the “Start” button from the bottom extreme left corner of the computer screen and then in the Search Programs and Files search box type “Windows Update” and hit “Enter”
- Once the option appears, give a click on the “Windows Update” icon at the top of the list
- Tap “Check for Updates” and once the Windows gets done with downloading the updates process completely, click the “Install Updates” button
- Now, restart your computer and try installing or updating QuickBooks again to check if the error is resolved
Step 2: Rename Hidden System File Config.msi
If you rename the system file from “Config.msi” to any other name, the error code might be resolved. So, just try it out by following the given steps:
- Tap the Windows key on your keyboard and click Computer from the left side of the programs list
- Now, click Local Disk (C:) from the left side panel
- Click “Organize” from the top and select “Folder” and “Search” options accordingly
- Under the “View” section, uncheck the option “Hide Protected Operating System Files”
- Hit Apply and OK to confirm changes done
- Now, in the search bar located at the top right of the window type and search for the “Config.msi” file
- Right-click on that file and select “Rename”
- Add “.OLD” at the end of the file name, i.e. Config.msi.OLD
- Restart your Windows and try to update QuickBooks once again to ensure QuickBooks Error Code 1328 is been annihilated
You May Also See:- Fix QuickBooks Error 15215 | Proved Solution (2021)
Step 3: Download and Access QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
To do this, go through the given points:
- Click the link and download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on PC
- Once the download is completed, stop other applications are running on Windows
- Press on the downloaded setup file to install the tool
- Hit “Yes” on the EULA Agreement
- Click “Proceed” on the QuickBooks Desktop Install Diagnostic Tool window
- Wait for a moment until the tool updates all the Microsoft components, once the update is accomplished, restart your computer and try using QuickBooks once again
Step 4: Rename the Folders Where QB Installation Setup File Saved
If any file or folder is corrupt, the QuickBooks Update Error 1328 will appear while accessing. So, to prevent this error problem, you need to rename the folder. Do it by following the provided lines:
- Go through the lines exactly the same mentioned in this article to Display Hidden QuickBooks Files
- Now, go to the location where QuickBooks folders are saved on your C drive
- Right-click every QuickBooks folder and select Rename by giving a right-click on the selected folder
- Add “.OLD” at the end of the folder name and try using the QuickBooks Desktop application
Step 5: Implement a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
If none of the given troubleshooting works out for you to end up with the error code 1328, then reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop app. Take a brief look here at once:
- Press the Windows + R key simultaneously on your keyboard to open the “Run” Window
- Type “Control Panel” in the search bar and hit “Enter”
- Now under the Programs and Features list search for QuickBooks and click “Uninstall”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to completely uninstall the program
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from the link
- Open that Tool and click “I Accept” on the license agreement page
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks on your Desktop
READ ALSO:- How to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 12029?
Finally, Contact to Deft Connoisseurs to Fix QuickBooks Error 1328
We are offering a 24/7 accessible QuickBooks Helpline Number so that any helpless users can make communicate with the top-most technicians for help anytime whenever they need it. Therefore, if none of the above troubleshooting steps is beneficial for you in getting QuickBooks Error 1328 resolved, you can immediately contact us via dialing the provided helpline number.