The main reason for QuickBooks Error- 3371 occurrence is due to storage of company file in an improper folder. Intuit, which is an accounting software, enables all the small businesses to run finely and smoothly by managing its accounting department and various sections. By the help of QuickBooks accounting software, businesses are growing to a large extent. Apart from all the positive points, it shows different type of errors. One such error is Error- 3371. Here are some of the tips to fix this error and the reason of its occurrence.
Why QuickBooks Error- 3371 occurs?
- Here are some of the possible reasons for the occurrence of Error- 3371.
- Improper folder permission for the folder that keeps the company files inside.
- The company file and folders should be on internal or external network or local drive that is situated on an external storage device.
- How many numbers of files were opened by referring to the mapped drive in QuickBooks?
- QuickBooks running is in multiple user mode when communicating with the problem.
Step by step guide to fix QuickBooks Error 3371
Here are the steps to fix the QuickBooks Error- 3371.
Step 1: Download and install QuickBooks file doctor and click on “Run” to fix the error.
Step 2: Rename the given files .ND and .TLG
Revise the extension of .ND and TLG. These extensions help in configuration of files that allow QuickBooks Desktop to access company files in your network or in multiple user mode. Harm .ND or TLG files are the main cause of errors when opening the QuickBooks desktop. Renaming these files does not cause data loss because when you open the company file or scan the company files using the QuickBooks database server manager, they are automatically reproduced.
Step 3: By the use of UNC path to fix the error
- Open on the QuickBooks icon by Right clicking on your desktop. On your keyboard, hold and press the Ctrl key. After that, tap on Run as Administrator. Hold the Ctrl key until you have No Company Open Window.
- From the file menu, click on Open or Restore Company, then click on “Open a company file”, then hit “Next”.
- In the left side, click on “Network” and navigate to the location of your company file.
- Choose the company file and hit “Open” button.
Step 4: Configure firewall and security software
Step 5: Recreate damage folder by the following steps.
- Make a new folder in your C-Drive in your computer.
- Where company old file is saved, click on that folder.
- Search the .qbw file.
- Copy this .qbw file.
- Open the new folder and paste it.
- To share company files, set window on “Access permission”.
- Now, open QuickBooks Desktop and open the file.
If these steps won’t help you in your solution, then you can contact QuickBooks Support for experts who are available for you 24/7. For more detailed information, go through our web portal.