QuickBooks accounting software comes with a lot of benefits to the users, along with helping them manage their finances. QuickBooks error 3371 occurs due to external factors. It pops up on the screen with a statement- error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. Sometimes, the issue displays differently on the screen like error 3371 status code 1118 on your QuickBooks application. However, both states have the same meaning and appear due to similar reasons.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371?
One of the significant reasons causing an error 3371 is an outdated Windows OS. Sometimes the problem also occurs due to a missing or corrupt QuickBooks company file turning the software not to open or hampering the overall operation. If you are also facing a similar challenge where the QuickBooks says error code 3371, issue while loading the license data, you will have to take specific measures.
Whenever you see this error message, you must click Ok and start the routine operations. However, if the issue appears frequently, that shows some severe problem causing an error. Apart from the Error Loading License Data message, it can also appear with a note saying fatal error. As a primary fix, you can try to insert the QuickBooks CD and reinstall the software. If the problem resolves, that indicates the problem occurred due to an invalid software license. And if it doesn’t resolve, that means some other factors are responsible for error 3371 in QuickBooks. This article explains all the steps in an easy way to help you terminate the QuickBooks error code 3371.
Factors Responsible for QuickBooks Error Code 3371
For safe and smooth QuickBooks operations, the users need to store the license’s information in the hard drive.
If, due to any reason, the data gets corrupted or the users lose the file, then also the users face this error. Others factors which trouble the users with error code 3371 are as follows:
- Missing MSXML component files
This is Microsoft files, and it is required to run the QuickBooks application. If you lost this crucial component or if it gets damaged, then you will be facing several issues along with an error code 3371. Also, you won’t be able to access the QuickBooks if you didn’t revive the MSMXL components.
- Missing license info file Qbregistration.dat
The files containing license info are vital for a smooth QuickBooks application. Every time you launch QuickBooks, it reads the Qbregistration.dat file to get the permission to start the application. That’s why it becomes essential to revive these files to rectify the issues.
- Another reason causing an error 3371 is antivirus software blocking the QuickBooks functioning. The system protection sometimes stops the QB to sync with vital Windows components.
- An incomplete Windows update also leads to several issues. To run the QuickBooks, you must completely update the Windows OS to the latest release.
- If you frequently face the error code 3371, then probably that is occurring due to Crash Com Error in QB desktop.
- Sometimes, this error message may appear on your PC – QuickBooks has stopped working. It happens due to an external error, and in that case, the Windows close the program and informs if any solution is available.
- Also, when the user loses connection with the QuickBooks data files, then the error could appear.
- The low QuickBooks desktop performance can also be a reason behind this error code.
Fix QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code- 1118
These steps will give you a complete overview of the solution. Keep following these steps until the end to eliminate the error 3371 in the QuickBooks application.
Method 1: Delete ECML file to fix the error
- Turn on your computer and right-click on the Start
- Now choose the option Run from the list.
- Copy this highlighted path- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and paste it on the Run dialogue box.
- Hit Enter on the keyboard or press Ok.
- Now you will see the Windows Explorer page on your screen.
- Now here you will have to delete the ECML file from the list.
- Close this window.
- Once the above process completes, you will need to rerun the QuickBooks and re-register the product.
- Abort the troubleshooting if the QuickBooks error code 3371 fixes after removing the ecml files.
Method 2: Update your Windows
If even after removing the ECML files doesn’t resolve the issue, that means you might be using an outdated Windows OS. You can follow the steps below to update the Windows to the latest version.
- Click over the Start
- Now hit the All Programs
- You will need to click Windows Update on the left panel.
- Further, click the Check for updates
- Wait for some time to let the update to complete.
- Once done, you will have to remove the QuickBooks desktop from your company reinstall it again.
- The updated Windows OS will also help you eliminate other QB issues.
- In addition, you can also use the QB component repair tool to fix common installation errors.
Method 3: Rename the Entitlement File
If updating the Windows doesn’t resolve the problem, then you will have to rename the Entitlement file by using the following steps.
For Windows 7
- If you have Windows 7 PC, then navigate to the file path C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*.
- Further, you will need to change the name of the Entitlement
- Now you will have to open the QuickBooks application.
- Once the application opens, the new gets created.
- If you do not see the program folder, then you need to click Computer.
- Now select the option Organize.
- Further, you will need to click Choose Folder and then hit Options.
- Further, you have to click Hidden files and folder to unhide the program file.
- These steps will fix QuickBooks error 3371, and if it doesn’t, then move to step 4.
For Windows XP
- Firstly, press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open the Run
- Now you will need to type C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2. Else you can directly copy this path and paste in the desired field.
- Hit Enter to proceed further.
- After that, rename the ecml file.
Method 4: Use the QB Install Diagnostic Tool to fix QuickBooks error 3371
- Navigate to the QuickBooks homepage.
- From the website, you can download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Open the application once you get it on your computer.
- Now click the Installation Issues option.
- Now under Fix my installation issues, choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The tool will automatically detect the issue and fix it by itself.
- Now reboot your computer to start running the QuickBooks.
Method 5: Run QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub application.
- Select Program Problems, click Quick fix my program, and click Ok.
- Let the tool run and fix the problem. The process might take some time, depending on the nature of the error.
Method 6: Eliminate the error 3371 directly from the QuickBooks tool hub
- Make sure to download the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Go to the download location and open the exe.
- Now install the tool using on-screen instructions.
- Now open the tool hub and click Installation Issues.
- Here you need to select Error fix 3371 and click Ok.
- Restart your computer and verify if the problem resolves.
Seeking Immediate Assistance? Contact the QuickBooks Support
Once you follow all these steps, you will be able to fix the QuickBooks error code 3371. The problem is not that complicated, but it requires a little bit of patience. Several users could resolve the QuickBooks error 3371 after renaming the EntitlementDataStore.ecml files, containing the QB license properties. If you still face any trouble solving the issue, then you can get in touch with us through QuickBooks online support or call us at QuickBooks helpline number.