QuickBooks Error H303 is an error of the H series that deluge with H101, H103, and H505 errors. It mainly occurs when you try to access a company file that is stored on another computer system, and that system requires some additional configuration and setup. Or in other words, when you try to switch to the multi-user mode, error H303 occurs. That means something is stopping the multi-user connection to your server, by which your file will be stuck, and makes it inaccessible for you.
This blog will explain all the possible reasons responsible for the QuickBooks error code H303. Here, you also get the advanced methods to effortlessly fix the H series error. Let’s start with the reasons.
What causes QuickBooks Error H303, H101, and H505?
If you see the H series of errors, the given below points are the significant reasons for their occurrence.
- When the Windows Firewall blocks the connection between the workstation and the server.
- A corrupt or damaged .ND file might cause the H303 error QuickBooks.
- Problem with the computer network not working correctly and denying the system to transfer the files.
- Due to improper configuration of hosting settings.
- The program fails to receive files from the server.
- When the program fails to recognize the IP address of server computers and workstations.
- Elements like QBFC Monitor of QBDSM services fail to initiate.
Now after understanding the reasons that can cause QB error H303, let’s analyze the solutions that can be used to resolve the error.
However, if you have any doubt regarding the causes and the error, feel free to contact our QuickBooks Support team at +1-520-463-7633. Our QuickBooks certified professional will look forward to guiding you and fixing your problems.
Read Also- QuickBooks Error 6189
How to Fix QuickBooks Error H303?
Check out the solutions given below to fix the error H303.
Solution 1: Verify the Hosting Settings
If you experience errors H101, H303, or H505, it indicates that one or more of your workstations are appointed to the server for QuickBooks. Your server or the computer hosting your company files should be the only computer appointed to host multi-user mode.
The Multi-User Access mode should be disabled on your workstations, and these are the computer systems on your network which are not hosting your company files. Follow the given steps to turn the multi-user mode off:
Note: You can operate these steps before accessing a company file.
- Firstly, open QuickBooks on any workstations where the QuickBooks error H303 occurs.
- Secondly, don’t access your company file. Instead, choose the File menu and go to the Utilities tab.
- Here, you will see the Multi-User Access option, don’t go for it. Move to the Next workstation. This one is not causing the error.
- After that, select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
- Now, you have to repeat these steps on all workstations, encountering H101, H303, or H505 errors.
After checking your workstations, go to your server computer. It is the computer hosting your company files.
- First of all, open QuickBooks on your server computer.
- Then, go to the File menu and pick the utility tab.
- Here, select the Host Multi-user Access option. Don’t select the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks plays an important role in fixing the QuickBooks error H303, related to company file issues. You have to download and use it.
- Firstly, close your QuickBooks program.
- Then, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub latest version on your server computer.
- After that, run the downloaded file and install the program.
- Now, you have to follow the on-screen steps to accomplish the installation procedure.
- Later, open QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the Company File Issues tab from the left panel.
- Click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- After that, browse your Company File from the drop-down menu.
- Now, choose the correct option and press the Continue button.
- Enter your QuickBooks password and click on Next.
The tool will scan the program for any damaged or corrupted files and fixes them automatically. After fixing, reassess your company file and check for the error.
Solution 3: Change QuickBooks Folder Location
To fix the QuickBooks H303 error, you can change the QuickBooks folder location. Here’s how:
- Create a new folder.
- Then, you have to share and set the Windows Access permission. By this, you can easily share all the company files.
- Now, mark and copy the. QBW folder and paste it into the newly created folder.
- Finally, the QuickBooks error H303 fix, and you can access and run the company file in multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Correcting Firewall Settings
The system’s firewall blocks the connection between computers by which users can’t share the files. Thus QuickBooks error H303. Follow the given steps to fix the H303 error:
- Click on the Start and go to Control Panel.
- Then, pick the Firewall Settings from the list.
- Now, click on the option stating “Allow a Program Through Firewall.”
- After that, add the QuickBooks program to the list of exceptions via Add Programs option.
- At last, Restart the computer.
Read Also- Quickbooks Error C387
Reach the Experts
It would help if you tried to access company files from all the workstations to ensure that the error has been fixed. With this blog, we explained the various causes responsible for QuickBooks error H303 and the solutions that you can apply to fix it. The above-given information is easy to operate. If you still face the error, you can take help from our certified QuickBooks advisor. To contact our QuickBooks experts team, dial +1-520-463-7633.