Almost every mid-sized business owner is familiar with QuickBooks, the feature-rich accounting software. However, the software is equally known for the various technical errors that appear on it from time to time. One such technical snag is the QuickBooks Error H505. It comes in the category of the H series errors. Users typically encounter it when trying to access the QB company file, which isn’t present on that network or device. The error blocks the multi-user connection to Intuit’s server. Users need to fix it to work with their software efficiently. In this article, you’ll find the various ways you can tackle this error.
What does QuickBooks H505 Error mean?
The below Image appears when this Problem (H505 Error) comes in QuickBooks Desktop.
This error arises when the user attempts to enable the multi-user mode. You can see this H series error code with a message that says ‘QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to close.’ The error will obstruct the multi-user connection to the server.
You will likely encounter this error code when you attempt to get the data or company files on another device that doesn’t have a correct establishment setup. The error code is associated with the hosting settings issues. But there’s no need to panic when you face it. You can resolve it in multiple ways.
What Leads to the QuickBooks H505 Error?
There are many causes behind this error code. It might be a result of the following:
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings.
- Incorrect or damaged .nd file.
- Blocking of the outgoing and incoming communication to the company file by a Firewall.
- Faulty DNS settings.
- The inability of QuickBooks to trace the device’s IP address.
- QuickBooks folders and files are not scanned with the database server.
- Non-functioning of the QuickBooksDBXX service.
How to Identify QB Error H505?
You can identify this error code with its various signs and symptoms. They are as follows:
- Inability to use the multi-user mode.
- QB program window crashing.
- Your system will crash time and again.
- Windows will freeze periodically.
- You cannot open the QuickBooks company files kept on the server.
- Error code H505 will appear on the screen.
Methods to Troubleshoot QB H505 Error
There are various resolutions that you can follow to fix this error code. Implement them according to the instructions below.
1. Use the QB File Doctor
It is the first step on your part to fix the QuickBooks Error H505. The QuickBooks File Doctor tool is very useful for troubleshooting all H-series errors. Download the tool and run it. You’ll likely get rid of this error.
2. Verify or confirm services and hosting
This troubleshooting technique is carried out in 2 parts. Firstly, you should verify the services and then the hosting.
A. Service verification
For verifying services, check that the services of the QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor are running.
- After hitting Windows, tap Windows + R keys.
- Input ‘MSC‘ on the run box and hit Enter.
- Locate ‘QuickBooksDBXX Service.’
- It’s possible that it won’t be visible. You should confirm that you have installed the Database Server Manager.
- Launch QB and ensure that you have enabled the hosting by verifying it.
- Launch the ‘QuickBooksDBXX‘ service. Confirm that the startup type, as well as the service status, has commenced.
- Click ‘Recovery‘ and ‘Save‘ all your changes.
B. Hosting verification
- Launch QuickBooks on every hosting system.
- Navigate to ‘File.’ Then go to ‘Utilities.’
- If you can notice the ‘Host Multi-User Access‘, it implies that your system cannot host the file.
- Choose the option ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access‘ when you locate it.
- Navigate to the ‘Company‘ and select ‘File Must be Closed window.’
- Lastly, tap ‘Yes.’
3. Edit or modify the host file
It’s yet another effective way to fix QuickBooks Error Code H505. Follow the steps mentioned here.
- Hit ‘Windows + R’ keys simultaneously for launching the run window.
- Input ‘cmd‘ and tap Enter for launching the window of ‘Command Prompt.’
- Now, input ‘ipconfig/all‘ and tap Enter.
- Finally, jot down the hostname and IP address. You will need to execute this procedure again for every system with a multi-user setup.
Now, you need to edit the Window Hosts file. For it, go through these steps.
- Shut down QB and navigate to the ‘Start‘ menu.
- Now, navigate to ‘This PC‘ and ensure to access ‘C:\Windows \ System32 \ Drivers\ Etc or C:\Windows \ Syswow64\ Drivers\Etc‘.
- Now, locate the hidden folders and files. If you are unable to locate the windows folders, then do the following:
- Tap on the ‘View‘ tab and then hit on ‘hidden items.’
- You’ll be able to view the hidden files.
- Right-tap on the host’s file and tap ‘Open.’
- Now, input the IP address and computer name. When you input the details, you should use the ‘Tab‘ key. Don’t use the spacebar for putting spaces between the system name and the IP address.
- Lastly, save all changes and launch QB again in Multi-user mode.
4. Configure the settings of the firewall ports
Another effective way for the “QuickBooks H505 Error fix” is to configure the firewall port settings. Implement the below-given process for it.
- Open the run dialog box. For it, press the Windows + R key.
- After that, launch the ‘Control Panel.’
- Select the ‘System and Security’ option.
- Then, open the ‘Windows Firewall and Network Protection.’
- Next, click the option of ‘Advanced Settings.’ Then tap the ‘Inbound Rule.’ After you do it, select ‘New Rule.’
- Select a port after which tap ‘Next.’
- Determine if you have selected the correct TCP option.
- Next, fill in the port of your QuickBooks Desktop’s year version.
- After entering it in the required field, tap ‘Next.’
- Restart your QB Desktop for finishing the process.
5. Modify the firewall settings of your system
You can also resolve error code H505 QuickBooks by modifying the firewall settings of your system and creating exceptions. Follow the instructions below.
- Start by clicking on the Windows key and then navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ setting.
- Tap on ‘Control Panel‘ and choose ‘Firewall settings.’
- Now, select ‘Allow a program via the system’s firewall.’
- After you are finished with this step, tap on the option of ‘Add program‘ and then include it into the exception list ‘QuickBooks 20xx.’
- Reboot your device for saving all the changes.
You should add the ports given below depending on your QuickBooks software version.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020 – 8091, XXXX
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019 – 8091, XXXX
- Desktop 2018 QuickBooks – 56728, 55378, 55382, 8019
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017 – 55377, 56727, 8019, 55373
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016 – 55368, 8019, 55372, 56726
- Desktop 2015 QuickBooks – 55363, 56725, 55367, 8019
After knowing about the various causes and troubleshooting techniques for the QuickBooks H505 Error, you shouldn’t feel troubled about encountering it. When you notice the various signs and symptoms of this error code, start by using the QB File doctor to fix it. If it doesn’t work, verify services and hosting. Apart from that, you can also follow the stepwise instructions for editing the host files and configuring the settings of the firewall ports. If you still find no resolution, contact the expert of the QuickBooks technical support team and resolve it easily.