Some uncertain errors unpredictably occur while accessing QuickBooks and may hinder your work and make it difficult to complete the task. One such common error is QuickBooks Abort Error which may create trouble in accessing the company files. An error message stating “The connection to the company files has been lost” displays on the screen. In case, any changes are made to its company files, then this error issue results and needs to eradicate it immediately. To learn how to cope-up this problem, you should take QuickBooks Help from well-trained staff. They will give you effective information about it so that the error becomes so handy to annihilate. Furthermore, you can also feast your eyes on this blog-post.
Reasons Why Facing QuickBooks Abort Error
There are couple of reasons for the appearance of Abort Error in QuickBooks. To know what are those have a glimpse on the below points:
- Due to damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI files from QuickBooks, you confront such an error
- The hard driver may be corrupted
- Firewall and installed Internet Security Software in your PC clashes with QuickBooks can also be the one reason of such error
- Using different version of QuickBooks on a multi-user setup
- Why many computer systems have a setup on a single network to host QuickBooks
- If the computer is in Sleep mode while saving the company files
- A disruption between the transferring of data from one device to the another to storing the files
- QuickBooks may corrupted
These are the possible causes that can create difficulty in accessing QuickBooks and because of them your QuickBooks keeps aborting. Let’s find out the effectual solutions!
Impacts of QuickBooks Abort Error
- While using QuickBooks, the system shutdown automatically. QuickBooks unrecoverable error occurs along with the message
- The operating system crashes suddenly
- It is also possible that QuickBooks may crash without throwing any error message on the display
- Windows gets terminated frequently when this error takes place
Different Methods to Eliminate QuickBooks Abort Error
Some fruitful solutions are there to resolve the QuickBooks Abort Error. The desired methods are written beneath, give a try all of them one-by-one. Let’s start troubleshooting it:
Method 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- First, you have to install QuickBooks File Doctor in your PC
- Now, double-tap on its icon to open the Tool menu
- After that, view the results-
- If it shows “no error detected”, then its means the files are ok
- If it shows “error detected”, then repair the file
- Restore the backup
- Recover the lost data using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
If this option fails to overcome this problem, then go ahead with the next method.
Method 2: Rename the QBWUSER.INI File on your System
Rename the file through the given guidelines:
- First, you have to open the folder where QBWUSER.INI file is saved. The file is stored at path \Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks
- If you are unable to search it, then it means the file or the folder is hidden. Enable the hidden files and then you can view the file
- To rename the file, right click on the QBWUSER.INI
- Click on “Rename” option
- And then change the name of the file by adding “.OLD” at the end of the file name. After saving it, will look something like “QBWUSER.ini.old”
- Furthermore, change the name of .ecml file known as Entitlement Data Store to “Entitlement Data Store.ecml”
- Now, try to open the file
- In case the file doesn’t open, then move the file to another location. And then try opening the file from that location. It should be a local folder rather than network location
Continue to the next troubleshooting guide if yet getting the same problem with your QuickBooks.
Method 3: Check the Hosting Status of QuickBooks
- Go to “Files” menu
- Click on “Utilities” tab
- Now, click on stop hosting to multi-user access
- Open the company file on the multi-user mode
- Make sure the checkbox stating “open file in multi-user mode” is checked
Method 4: Disable Antivirus and Configure Windows Firewall
Sometimes, antivirus software that is installed in the PC may stop other website to be accessed due to security purpose. And the firewall in the system may block the network access which in turn would block too many QuickBooks files and programs. That’s why, it is necessary to disable the Antivirus software and configure Windows firewall to further work well with QuickBooks.
Take a Cost-effective QuickBooks Tech Help from Experts
So, these are the guides on how you can terminate QuickBooks Abort Error. If you still encountering the same problem, then take reasonable QuickBooks Tech Help from well-proficient technicians. They are present round the clock at toll-free number. So, you have to give a ring on that and stay tuned with them. The problem will get sorted out in a pinch for sure.