Quickbooks is popular accounting software, especially for small business owners. It offers several facilities and features to enable users to keep the data of their business in an arranged and easy manner. But, some errors are typical to resolve. Such an error is called QuickBooks unrecoverable error.
It may be linked to your QuickBooks software, corrupted files, partial installation, or adobe reader. Here, we will discuss the conditions, causes & symptoms, solutions of QuickBooks unrecoverable error code for desktop and workstation as well.
So, let’s get started!
Common Quickbooks Unrecoverable Errors List
Here, we have listed the QuickBooks unrecoverable error code. Not necessarily do these errors appear every time you encounter an unrecoverable error but will give you an idea if they appear. Thus, this list is not inclusive hence, you might encounter some other errors different from those mentioned in the list below.
Conditions Of Quickbooks Unrecoverable Errors Generally Occurs
For any error to occur, there exist some specific or relevant conditions. The conditions for QuickBooks unrecoverable errors are mentioned here.
- Attempting to open a business file.
- Attempting to open a QuickBooks desktop file on a workstation.
- While saving transaction data or a record file.
- Creating PDF for printed and email documents out of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Performing a bank reconciliation or viewing an existing/previous reconciliation report.
- Attempting to open Home page/company snapshot/reports/transaction window.
- Closing a corporate file.
- While creating a backup or a company file.
- Presence of damaged data on your company file.
- While obtaining a payroll update or writing checks with QB Online Bill Pay.
- While running rebuilt utility or verifying it.
Root Causes Of Unrecoverable Error Quickbooks
Sometimes the error occurs due to an issue in the network, or an issue of power outages, or missing windows. But, other causes can also cause unrecoverable errors to occur.
The root causes of unrecoverable error QuickBooks are as follows:
- Unrecoverable error due to an issue with network connectivity.
- Due to a damaged or corrupted file on your system.
- Missing, damaged, or corrupted components of QuickBooks.
- Due to network blip when you are logged in to QuickBooks company file.
- Missing QB windows or QuickBooks updates.
- The presence of corrupted or damned data needs code repairing.
- Data integrity issue with QuickBooks company file.
Signs & Symptoms Of Unrecoverable Error Quickbooks
Before jumping to the solutions, it is always preferable to identify the signs and symptoms. You should ensure if the error you are facing is an unrecoverable error or something else. Doing so will help you find a decent solution and save you time.
An attempt to understand and identify the error will not take much time and be truly helpful. The signs & symptoms for unrecoverable error QuickBooks are as follows:
- Your QuickBooks desktop window crashes.
- The QuickBooks desktop window crashes as soon as it is launched.
- The process of updating the QB application freezes and takes more than an hour.
- The QB desktop does not start or fail.
- QB Desktop freezes randomly.
- not find a saved transaction on the company file or show a message “not able to find the saved transactions in the QuickBooks company file.”
- Shows a message “Not able to save transactions in Quickbooks company file.”
Methods To Fix Quickbooks Unrecoverable Error Code
In this guide, we have explained the methods in the easiest manner. Reading the steps you will understand what to do and how to perform these methods.
Start by applying the first method for QuickBooks unrecoverable error fix. Later, you can apply other methods if it doesn’t work.
Method 1: Prevent QuickBooks To Open All Windows At Start-Up
- To benign with this method, press and hold the Alt key while double-clicking the QB icon.
- As the system prompts you for a user password, let go of the key.
- Then, enter the password.
- Select OK, and as the application launches, press the Alt key again.
- Now, release the Alt key.
Note: Close all the open windows or simply click ‘Close All Windows’ from within the application before exit.
Method 2: Identity How Many Users Are Affected
To identify the number of users affected, you need to log in from different accounts to open the same company file. This is to find which particular user(s) QuickBooks account is affected by the occurrence of unrecoverable QuickBooks error.
Case I – One user is affected or damned then ensure you recreate the user.
- From the company menu, start by selecting the Set Up Users and Password tab.
- To proceed, select the setup users option.
- For enterprise users: head to company menu >> select Users >> set up users and roles.
- Select Add User and then enter the username and password. (do not use the same damaged credentials, create new)
- Select Next.
- Now, customize the customer as necessary and then click Finish to complete.
- Lastly, log in to the QB company files using your new account credentials.
Case II – Admin is affected/damaged, download the Quickbooks Tools Hub.
If the admin account is affected or damaged, you may need to download the QuickBooks tools hub. This tool hub is a set of various tools that help resolve most of the common QuickBooks errors.
Note: Before you use the tool, make sure to close the QuickBooks.
- From the tool hub set, download the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- The QuickBooks file doctor tool will automatically detect the issue and resolve it as well.
Method 3: Copy The Company File To Your Desktop
Follow the steps to copy the company file on the desktop:
- Open the folder where the company file is saved/stored.
- Find the file with the .qbw extension using the locate option.
- Copy-paste the file on the desktop.
- Press the Ctrl key and launch the application. A message ‘No Company Open’ will appear.
- Click the option Open and browse the file you copy-pasted earlier.
Note: If the application prompts to start a restore/update process, click OK. Further, if the sample file launches with an error, then the reason being the business file causing the error may be the damaged or corrupted file.
Method 4: Suppress The Quickbooks Desktop
To suppress the QuickBooks, the steps are as follows:
Case l: While starting the QuickBooks
- First, press and hold down the Ctrl key.
- Then, double-click the QuickBooks program icon.
- Hold on to the Ctrl key until the “No company open” window appears.
Case ll: While opening a company file
- From the no company file window, select the desired company file.
- Press and hold the Alt key and click Open.
- As soon as you see the login prompt, release the Alt key.
- Now, enter your credentials: username and password.
Note: If a prompt for credentials login does not occur, keep holding the Alt key.
- After entering the credentials, again press and hold the Alt key >> select Ok.
Note: Hold on the Alt key until the file is completely open.
A new blank window will appear. Now, move the pointer to the Quickbooks menu and see if it highlights. If Yes, the process is completed successfully.
Method 5: Open A Sample Company File To Spot The Error
Many experts find this method helpful in spotting errors that are related to company files or QuickBooks.
- If the sample company file does not open, then the file might be damaged or corrupted. In that case, you will have to copy the file and save it to another location.
- If the error still occurs, restore your file using a recent backup or ADR. further, if ADR or recent backup doesn’t help, carry out basic data damage fixing steps.
- Nonetheless, the error bothers you even after the above fixes, move to the steps to open a sample file below:
- Go to the No Company Open window
- Select open a sample file.
- Now, choose any sample file from the list.
Steps to copy the company file to a different location on your system:
- Create a new folder on your desktop:
- Right-click on the desktop >> New >> Folder >> save by name QBTEST (or, name the folder as you want)
- Open the folder you saved the company file.
- Select the copy by right-clicking on the file.
- Now, paste the company file in the new folder QBTEST.
- Lastly, open the company file saved in the new folder QBTEST. Sudden window crashed while doing a specific task.
Method 6: Create A New Window Administrator
On Windows 10
- Head to start menu >> select settings.
- Select accounts >> family & other users.
- Now, from the Users, select Add someone else to this PC.
- Select the option “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information”, then select, Add a user without a Microsoft Account.
- Type in the name of the new account >> Finish. (also create a password to secure the account)
- Select the new account created >> Account Type.
- Select Administrator >> Ok.
On Windows 8.1
- Launch the Run window by pressing keys Windows+R.
- Type Control Panel and click Ok. (control panel will open)
- Select User Accounts >> Manage another account >> other accounts >> add an account.
- Select Sign in without a Microsoft account >> Local account.
- Now, enter the credentials (username and password) and also add a password hint.
- Click Next.
- Now, the screen will go back to the Manage Other Accounts window. Select the new account created >> Edit.
- Change the type of account to Administrator from standard user >> Ok.
On Windows 7 And 8
- Launch the Run window by pressing Windows+R keys.
- Type Control Panel and click Ok. (control panel will open)
- Select User Accounts >> Manage another account.
- Select Create a new account >> enter the details.
- Choose Administrator >> Create Account.
Generally, servers are maintained by licensed computer technicians, hence, ensure to consult with your IT professional.
Window Server 2012
- Open the database server manager.
- Select the Tools tab and then select computer management.
- Now, expand Local Users and Groups >> select Groups.
- Double-click the Administrator Groups >> open the Administrator Properties window.
- Select Add option and select –
- Users, computers, services accounts, or Group window
- Enter the account you want to add to the local admin group
Windows Small Business Server 2011and 2008/R2
- Run the Window SBS (2011/2008) console.
- Opt for Users and Groups >> go to the Users tab.
- Head to the task pane and select Add a new user account – to run the Add a new User Account wizard.
- Enter the details and select the role of the new user.
- Create and enter a new password for the new user. (ensure to meet the password complexity requirement.)
- Click Add User and follow the on-screen instruction.
- Select Finish to complete the process.
Method 7: Change The File Saving Method
Changing the way of saving files can help you prevent you from encountering an unrecoverable error.
Therefore, to change the method of file saving, you can:
- Use the save and close tab; Or, the save and new tab at the bottom of the form to save the transaction.
- Next, avoid leaving the cursor on a blank line of the sales form; or leave the cursor on a line that has items filled.
- Now, before saving the transactions, click Print.
- Move to the file and print forms for printing.
However, if you are encountering an unrecoverable error in QuickBooks while printing, tweak or edit the preferences.
- For that, go to the Edit menu and click on the preferences tab.
- Now, click on clear the save transactions, under the company preferences tab.
- Now click on the printing checkbox.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Method 8: Run Reboot.bat File
First, you need to find the reboot.bat file on your system.
- Go to the C drive >> Program >>Files (x86) >> Intuit >> QuickBooks xxx Ver 00.0
- Here xxx refers to the version of QB
- And, 0 refers to the current version of QB
- Right-click on the bat file >> run the file as Admin.
- Check if the problem still occurs.
- Yes, reboot the system and try again.
Fix QuickBooks unrecoverable error code occurring on a workstation
The error of QuickBooks unrecoverable error appears when you try to open a saved company file over the network on a workstation. The reason for this error can be linked to the QB company file monitor service running on a workstation. And, the workstation is not hosting the company file.
- Make sure that the QuickBooks software is up to date.
- In the case of multi-user mode (when you have a dedicated server or machine for storage of your company file), ensure that the hosting is turned on in your server/main PC.
- As a preventive measure, you should also ensure that the hosting is turned off in all workstations except the server.
Method 1: From the QuickBooks Tools Hub, Run ‘Quick Fix My Program’
The Quickbooks tool hub assists users in eliminating common QuickBooks errors especially for windows 19, 64-bit OS.
To use the tool, you need to close the QuickBooks.
Step 1: Download and Install the QB Tool Hub
- Close all the QuickBooks windows.
- Download the latest version of the QB tool hub. Save the file to an accessible location on your system.
- If you have already installed the version then select the home tab.
- Open the downloaded file “QuickBooksToolHub.exe”
- Follow the on-screen instructions- install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After finishing the installation process, double-click the icon on the window desktop, and the tool hub will be open.
Step 2: Run Quick Fix My Program from the QuickBooks tool hub
The quick fix my program will close all the QB processes running in the background. It will run a quick repair on the application.
- To begin with, select the program problem in the QB tool hub.
- Now, select the Quick Fix My Program.
- Then, open the QB Desktop and data file.
Step 3: Avoid QuickBooks Company file (QBCF) monitor service from rebooting
- Open the run dialogue box Window + R.
- Enter services.msc and click ok.
- Head to the list and double click QBCFMonitorService and Properties tab will be open.
- Select disabled as startup type.
- Sum up Apply >> Ok.
Method 2: Troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop Application
Step 1: Repair QuickBooks desktop
- Launch reboot.exe and register QB objects in Windows.
- Manually repair the installed Microsoft.net framework.
- Reinstall the QB Desktop on your system and update it to the latest version.
- Lastly, launch the QuickBooks Repair Tool that will repair all the damaged files and components.
Step 2: Use QB program diagnostic from QB tools hub program
- To start, repair the QuickBooks software.
- Download and then, run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Now, reinstall the QuickBooks using – clean install.
- Manually repair the installed Microsoft.net framework. Or you can take assistance from the technicians or Microsoft support team to:
- Fix or reinstall the Microsoft.NET framework.
- Fix Microsoft MSXML.
- Uninstall or reinstall Microsoft Visual C++.
- Run reboot.exe file.
Fix Unrecoverable Error- Performing A Bank Reconciliation Or Viewing Previous Reconciliation Reports
An unrecoverable error occurs when you attempt to open a PDF file or reconcile a previous bank report or use an older version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
Before jumping to QuickBooks unrecoverable error fix, understand that the error code may vary. Other than that, the error can also occur in the following circumstances:
- When Adobe Reader 10.0, 9.0, or 8.0 is installed and the preference to Display in PDF has opted.
- When the Adobe 11.0 (XI) and after version do not have the option for displaying the PDF in the browser.
Fix 1. Update Adobe Reader:
Follow the steps to update Adobe Reader to the latest version:
- Head to Adobe Reader >> Help >> About Adobe Reader.
- If the version is 8.0/9.0/10.0, update it to 11.0 by downloading the Adobe Reader 11.0 from Adobe’s official site.
- Follow the instructions and install the latest Adobe Reader.
- After the process is finished, reboot the system.
Test by checking the previous reconciliation report.
Fix 2: Modify the Display PDF in Browser preference ( Adobe Acrobat 10.0/9.0/8.0 only)
If you have Adobe Acrobat 10.0/9.0/8.0, then you would have to upgrade to the new version. If you don’t want to upgrade to its paid version, follow the steps:
- Head to start menu >> Programs/All Programs.
- From the list of the programs, select Adobe Reader/Acrobat.
- Select Edit >> Preferences >> Categories list >> Internet.
- Now, in the web browser section, select to Clear the Display PDF in Browser Preference.
- Finally, select the OK button to finish the process.
Fix 3: Use Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery
Generally, QuickBooks auto data recovery or ADR tool is used to restore the damaged, deleted, or missing QBbackup files. But, it can also help to fix unrecoverable errors in QuickBooks.
Quickbooks Unrecoverable Error Fix: Importing Accountant’s Changes
One of the conditions for unrecoverable error QuickBooks to occur is when importing the accountant’s changes. Aware of the list, you can easily identify them and follow up the fixing procedure.
|00000 16133||00000 41953|
|00000 43109||00000 16440|
|00000 40592||00000 41897|
|00000 31901||00000 41765|
|00000 37760||00000 31609|
|00000 42394||00000 42127|
|00000 42045||00000 95431|
A fact you may not be aware of is that the importing process itself fixes several errors and finishes the process of import. Later, you receive a report of such failures and changes.
However, you can manually enter the unapplied changes to the client’s company files using the solutions mentioned below.
Solution 1: Carry On With The Import Process
- When the issue appears select the send option.
- Then, click OK to resume the import.
- You may spot a list, subject to change that had not applied to the client’s file.
- You would have to enter the changes manually.
Solution 2: Verifying The Data And Recreating Change File
- Restore any of the recent backups or can also restore the backup created at the time of importing the accountant’s changes.
- Then, run a verify and rebuild data on the client’s file.
- Update the QuickBooks desktop to the latest version available on the internet.
- Finally, recreate the chase file in the accountant’s copy in QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Unrestrained Changes
- First, start by eliminating the accountant’s copy restriction in the client file.
- Simultaneously, perform the required steps to fix data damage bugs.
- To finish the process, create an accountant’s copy for recreating the changes.
We hope that the guide has helped you fix the QuickBooks unrecoverable error. One of these methods should help you fix the error. But, if this is not the case and you receive the error even after, we are here to assist you 24×7. You can contact our QuickBooks Error Support team and our technician will resolve the issue for you.