Summary: This post will elaborate on the QuickBooks Check Register. Also, demonstrate the utilization and printing process of Check Register in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Check Register is a fantastic feature that tracks and manages all written checks and cash transactions. This feature works in a journal. It also makes it simple to view the details of each check, such as the date, amount, payee, and account from which it was drawn. With this, users can easily reconcile their bank accounts and track any outstanding payments. It is available for both QuickBooks products, QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
Check Register has so many benefits which make your journal recording easy.
Benefits of Check Register in QuickBooks
As Check Register allows users to view, manage, and reconcile their bank accounts. It displays a list of all written checks, deposits, transfers, and electronic payments. Users can review transactions, add notes, and categorize checks for better organization. The QuickBooks Check Register also keeps track of the account balance, allowing users to stay current on their finances. Along with it also has some other benefits, which are the following:
- Easily find the mistakes in the checks, like missing checks.
- Track all the spending amounts in one place.
- Helps in creating a more profitable budget.
- Reports make it easier to track all the transactions in an organized manner.
- Get an accurate balance.
- Bank statement reconciliation gets easy.
- Help in controlling overspending.
Also Read: Register or Activate QuickBooks Desktop
How to Run QuickBooks Check Register?
Following are the steps for running the check register in QuickBooks and getting all your transactions and other reports. The following are the steps:
- Firstly, go to Accounting using the left panel.
- Now, from the Charts of Accounts tab, locate the checking account.
- Here, under the Action column, choose the dropdown arrow in front of View Register.
- Lastly, click on Run Report.
How to Use the QuickBooks Check Register Report?
You can use the QuickBooks Checkbook Register for the following tasks:
- When you want to trace and view your transactions.
- Helps in locating the different transaction types with the filter option.
- Check the account’s balance, transaction history, and other details.
- Easily used to void, edit, or remove any transaction.
- To identify the origin of the payment.
- You can easily prepare and check individual payments, transaction reconciliations, etc.
After running and using the Check Register, the next sections are for you if you want to print them. The following sections contain the printing process for both Desktop and Online versions.
Also Read: Stuck with Quickbooks Registration Error
How To Print a Check Register in Quickbooks?
QuickBooks’ Edit menu allows you to print QuickBooks check registers. Some accounting software systems may use the Accounting or Lists menu to assist in printing the register. Users must supply the dates for which they must print the register. There will now be a printing option available during the procedure for the Splits Details. It may choose this option based on the users’ preferences. In QuickBooks Desktop and Online, there are three ways to print a check register. These solutions are in the following sections:
Solution 1: Print QuickBooks Check Register
You can print a check register in QuickBooks by going to the Edit menu. Navigate to Use Register and select the Account option using the dropdown menu. After choosing the account, you can enter the dates for printing the register. If you require the Splits Details, you can print them as well. Finally, press the Print button. The following are the steps:
- Firstly go to the Edit menu and choose Use Register.
- Then, choose an Account from the Account dropdown menu and click OK.
- Now, provide the date you want to write on the check register.
- Only pick “Print Splits Details” when essential and click OK.
- In the last, click on Print.
Solution 2: Print QuickBooks Online Check Register
Certain QuickBooks Online users may need to print a QuickBooks check register if they want to keep a personal record. It recommends printing it using the Accounting option, which can transfer accounting to COA. The Chart of Accounts enables you to name your bank. Before printing, you can inspect it by selecting View Register. It can use the dates the register requires to set the Date Range. Now follow the given steps:
- In the first step, choose Accounting.
- Then, choose the Chart of Accounts (COA).
- Now, choose the name of your bank.
- Next, choose View Register.
- After that, click on the Funnel icon.
- Now, from the dropdown, pick a Date Range and click on Apply.
- Last, from the menu, click on the Print list.
Also Read: QuickBooks Won’t Open on desktop
Solution 3: Print QuickBooks Desktop Check Register
You can print the QuickBooks checks printing in the Desktop version with the following steps:
- First, go to the Lists and choose the Chart of Accounts.
- Secondly, right-click on your Bank Account and then choose QuickReport (Bank Account).
- Now, modify the dates,
- After that, click on the Customize Report once and choose Filters.
- From the Search Filters list, choose Transaction Type.
- From the dropdown menu, use Check.
- Now, click on OK to begin the QuickBooks check register printing.
- Next, choose your Bank’s Name.
- After that, choose View Register.
- Click on the Funnel icon from the dropdown menu.
- Choose a Date Range for a specific time you want to print.
- Click on Apply.
- At last, click on the Print option.
You can also print the QuickBooks Check register in the Desktop version with the following:
- From your company file, choose Banking.
- Then, click on Use Register or Check Register from the Home Screen.
- Choose the Bank account.
- Click on File and then Print Register.
- Choose the Date Range to print for.
- Click on OK and then Print.
Also Read: QuickBooks Banking Error 102
How to Get Disappeared Check Register in QuickBooks?
It is a common issue that the QuickBooks Check Register disappeared. It can disappear when the Check account was inactivated accidentally by someone who has company file access. That’s why you are not able to see the check register on the Charts of Accounts list. Get them by activating the check accounts with the following steps:
- Go to the Lists.
- Choose a Chart of Accounts.
- Now, mark Include Inactive box.
- Here, you will see the inactive accounts listed with an X beside their names.
- Click on the X button to activate them again.
How Do I Change The Default Check Register in Quickbooks?
Confident choices must be made in the QB program in order to modify the default QuickBooks check register. First, the user must select a default account for creating and wiring checks. A default account would then function as a requirement for the paychecks. Following that, you can select a different default account for checks and deposits. It can use the Settings icon and the Edit menu to make these selections.
Readers who are not familiar with QuickBooks may not understand the default accounts for the check register. You can choose them by following the set of instructions listed below:
- Firstly, for creating and writing the Checks, you will require a default account, to choose it, click on the Edit option.
- Secondly, click on Preferences.
- Now, browse and select Checking to continue.
- After that, select the following default account for the QuickBooks check register:
- Write Checks
- Make Deposits
- Pay Your Bills
- Here, the default account is required to choose the paychecks. For that, go to the Edit menu.
- Then, check out the Preferences.
- When the checking is available on the left, click on it.
- Now, choose the Company Preferences tab.
- After that, go to the Select Default Account to Use option.
- In the next step, from the dropdown menu, choose Open the Create Paychecks From with Account.
- Here, ensure that the right account is selected.
- Here, use the default account for both deposits and checks. Choose it by clicking on the QuickBooks Gear icon.
- Now, choose Account and Settings.
- Next, click on Advanced.
- After that, place the Pre-Fill forms with the Earlier Entered Content, which should be check marked.
- Lastly, go to the Automation section and click on Save.
Also Read: Bill Payment Check in QuickBooks
Another approach to change the default QuickBooks check register, follow these steps:
- Go to the Lists menu >> Chart of Accounts.
- Select the check register’s account name and click the Edit button.
- Select the Advanced tab and make sure the box next to “Make this account the default check register” is checked.
- Click OK to save the changes.
If you want to find the QuickBooks Online bank register, then go with the following section:
How to Find a Bank Register in QuickBooks Online?
To get the QuickBooks Online Bank Register instead of the QuickBooks check register then, follow the given steps:
- First, from Accounting, you have to choose the Chart of Accounts tab.
- Then, find your Bank Account and choose the View Register link under the Action.
- After that, click the dropdown arrow beside All from the Bank Register page.
- Now, click the Dropdown arrow for Date and choose This year.
- In the last step, click on Apply.
Call of Action
Now, you get to know everything about the QuickBooks Check Register. This blog presents the running, utilization, and printing procedure of check printing in QuickBooks. If you have any confusion or run into any problem while executing the steps and want experts’ help, then we are not away from you. Get in touch with Live Chat or Email us and tell us your concern. Thank You!