QuickBooks is one of the renowned and globally recognized accounting software that is used to maintain various financial needs of large or medium-sized businesses. Without a doubt, the application manages all the bookkeeping services including inventory management, payroll and expense management, account tracking and reconciliation, tax-filling, budgeting, and invoice management. But like all other software programs, QuickBooks also come up with various technical issues and error codes. Error ‘QuickBooks file doctor is not working’ error appears is one of those bugs which may take place while the middle of your working.
Hence, you may face several kinds of difficulties when the error code takes place, and at that point in time, guidance can help you in several ways for sure. But the main issue is that how to find the best support at your nearby?
You don’t need to perform any special task, one call does it all for you. In another way you also can check out this article, you will get some of the latest information about your QuickBooks Issue.
What are the causes, symptoms, and solutions of the Error?
There can be a number of reasons behind any kind of technical blunder and the same goes with this particular error code. And that is why we are listed some of the main causes:
- Due to damage or corrupted file
- When you are not connected to the Internet or using slow or bad quality Internet speed.
- Because of incomplete update or installation process.
- The presence of the virus may affect the database.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks File Doctor Failure?
When you are working on QuickBooks and suddenly a message appears on the screen as ‘we’re sorry you can’t access the company file’. Few other symptoms are mentioned below-
- Your system starts to freeze.
- You are no longer to access or open the company file.
- The application will not work properly.
- QuickBooks File Doctor is not working; a box will show up stating this message.
Approach 1- Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Open the application and wait until a message ‘No Company open’ appears on the screen
- Go to the File menu, then click on the ‘Repair File and Network Problems’ under the Utility option
- Click on OK, and QuickBooks file doctor will restart your application
- When a box will open, click Yes
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor and open the application then click Continue
- Enter your account details and the tool will start to repair your QB file
- Now open the Advanced Settings option and click on ‘File Diagnosis Only’
- Make a click on Next, and open the file and check for the issue
- If it is still there an issue, then go to the next method
Approach 2- By Restoring the Corrupted QBW File
You can resolve this blunder by backing up and replacing the corrupted file. To perform this task, apply these steps:
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu.
- Click on the Open or Restore Company option.
- Tap on Click Open or Restore a Backup Copy and click on the Next button.
- Tap on Local Backup and click on Next.
- Select the backup file location under the Drop-down menu.
- Mark or select a file having .QBB extension
- Now click on Open the Next.
- Select a location to restore the files and mention the name of the file.
- When you open a .QBW file, a Save as the field will automatically appear
- Click on the Save button to complete the task
- If still there is an issue with the QuickBooks file doctor, go to the next fix.
Approach 3- Using Auto Data Recovery Function
QuickBooks comes with its own Auto Data Recovery function which automatically searches and repairs the company file within a set time frame. And it stored all the files with no error in its recovery folder.
So it can be a good option to get rid of the glitch and if you find any kind of a mess, talk to the specialists directly.
What are the advantages and limitations of QuickBooks File Doctor?
As with each software program, QuickBooks come up with advantages as well as limitations, which are shown here:
- QuickBooks file doctor helps users to resolve network issues (H202 & H303) and other system-related problems.
- The program can save the entire company file data from getting lost or damaged.
- With the help of QBFD, users can access a company file that is located on another PC or device.
- The tool can easily fix QuickBooks error code 305, 6000, 6150, and 301.
- You are no longer to repair the company and other QB files.
- You only can access the QB file if you use systems based on UK, CA, and USA versions.
- Proper Internet connectivity is a must to access, download, upload and repair the damaged files.
- If you lose your data, the QuickBooks file doctor will not even open.
- You must have all the credentials of the Administrator to run QBFD.
The wrap up-
We hope, in the above article, we have shared each level of important information related to QuickBooks and how you can save your data and company file QuickBooks file doctor is not working error code.
After going through the entire blog, you have gathered a set of ultimate knowledge and you can easily tackle the QBFD issues. If you still fail to manage then, connect to the technical QuickBooks professionals through a QuickBooks support phone number.
They work all day and night to help you as per your queries and doubts so feel free to get in touch with the adepts to find the best possible solution anytime.