QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 is common error user encounter when they try to open a company file created in the 2014 version. Luckily, resolving this error is easy with the right guidance or help. So, without wasting any time let’s understand more about this error and discover ways to fix it permanently.
Error Messages you may receive while facing QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Error: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect or You do not have sufficient permissions 80070057 the parameter is incorrect.
Next Error Code 80070057: “There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks”
Error: “80070057: parameter is incorrect” when clicking on a QBB, QBM, QBW, ND, or TLG file from a Google Search Timeline.
QuickBooks Error: “80070057, the parameter is incorrect. There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with the company file [path and name].”
Error: “80070057 the parameter is incorrect” and “You do not have sufficient permissions to delete files…”
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 80070057?
There are many possible reasons behind this error, but mostly it happens when users try to open the company file from a system which is either the host computer or located on a web server. This scenario is also known as QuickBooks Multi-user configuration.
Reasons behind QuickBooks error 80070057:
- Firewall not configured properly
- Incorrect Internet security settings
- Network Data (.ND) could be damaged if you are attempting to open up a portable file without having QuickBooks open.
- The company file you are trying to open is corrupt or damaged
- QuickBooks Company file extension has changed and has the wrong file extension like .qbm, .qbb, .qbx.
Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error code 80070057
Don’t miss out on any possible solution given below to troubleshoot this issue once and for all. In case, you find any issues while fixing the error, feel free to contact the QuickBooks customer support. The team of technical experts will provide you the assistance immediately.
Let’s check out the proven solutions given below to fix Error 80070057 in QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Updating QuickBooks to the latest version
Make sure your software is updated to the latest version. How to update the QuickBooks software? Follow the steps given below to update the software perfectly and fix the bugs.
- Open your QuickBooks software
- Select the ‘Help’ menu and move down to ‘the update QuickBooks’ option
- Click on the ‘Update Now’ tab. If you want to clear the previous updates and uploads, select the ‘Reset update’ box.
- In the next step, click on the ‘Get updates’ option
- Click on Restart QuickBooks again
- Check if the QuickBooks error code 80070057 has been resolved or not.
Change the Extension:
- Create a new folder and copy the company file in it.
- Rename the company file keeping the file extension of the QB file to .qbm and save the changes.
- Restore the portable file by opening the QuickBooks software.
In case, this file extension causes a problem, change the file extension to .qbb or .qbx.
- In the last step, open QuickBooks to convert to an accounting copy.
Alternate Method: Copy the company file and paste it into the Flash drive:
- Open the File Explorer and create a ‘New Folder’
- Copy the Company file- Companyfile.qbw into the New Folder
- Open QB in your system and Restart.
Solution 2: Check the Company file name extension
A wrong extension of a company file can sometimes result in QuickBooks error code 80070057QB. Follow the steps given below to check the extension to resolve the issue.
- First, check the company file extension by right-clicking on the company file icon.
- Open QB and check the extension in the filename field and the time QB last opened the company file.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button.
Solution 3: Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks
Sometimes the best possible solution is to uninstall and reinstall QB software to remove the incorrect settings or faulty files.
Solution 4: Configure the BitDefender
If you have BitDefender installed in your system, use it to resolve the issue.
- Open BitDefender and click on ‘Menu’
- In the next step, click on the ‘Antivirus’ program you are using.
- Click on the ‘Custom level’ option
- Select the ‘Exclude path from the scan’ and choose the ‘New item’ option.
- Select the Drive and ‘UNC path’ used to browse the company file.
Solution 5: Rescan your file using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Search for ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ in the search box of your computer.
- Browse the ‘Company File’ folder and ‘Start Scan button’.
- Re-open the company file once the scan is successfully completed.
Solution 6: Operating QuickBooks as System Admin
- Firstly, right-click on the QB icon and click on ‘Run as Administrator’.
- In the next step, your company file will open automatically. If not, open it manually.
- Check if the error continues.
Solution 7: Access QuickBooks company file according to the windows version
If the user is using Windows 8 or 10, he should choose the QuickBooks version also on the basis of that. Then try to open the company file.
Solution 8: Move your company file to the default location
Most of the time users tend to change the default location of the company file which is ‘C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files’.
- If you have stored your company file at any other location, copy and paste it to the default location for smooth functioning.
- Now open your QB software and search for the company file by clicking on ‘Find Company File’ and select the ‘Local Drive’.
- Check if the company file is opening properly.
Solution 9: Configuring the firewall settings
Security software like firewalls, or antivirus can hinder the performance of third-party software like QuickBooks. This could also be a reason behind QuickBooks error code 80070057.
Add exceptions in the firewall and follow the manual to change firewall settings. If you are unable to change the settings, uninstall and reinstall the firewall.
Solution 10: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
Intuit offers a QuickBooks file doctor tool to resolve the QuickBooks Company file issues. To use this tool, simply follow the steps given below-
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file on your computer.
- Double click on “QuickBooksToolHub.exe file” to install the application and follow the instructions given on-screen. Click on ‘Agree to the terms and conditions’.
- Open the tool and select the ‘Company File Issues’ tab inside the tool hub.
- In the next step, click on ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’.
- Select your ‘Company File’ from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on ‘Check your file’ and press the ‘Continue’ button.
- Next, enter ‘QuickBooks admin password’ followed by clicking on the ‘Next’ button
The whole process might take around 3-5 minutes to complete. After successful completion, check if QuickBooks error code 8000057 persists.
Resolving an issue might take time because of multiple possible reasons but they can be resolved easily. QuickBooks error code 80070057 is very common with most of the QuickBooks users and therefore, it can be resolved easily. All you need to do is simply follow the possible solutions given below carefully. In case you find any issues while following the steps above, contact the QuickBooks Customers Support for immediate assistance.